• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Company of Heroes

Fabioisonfire

total a-hole
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Oh my flippin' God, I am absolutely in love with this game. All PC gamers MUST get it, or anyone in general who has the whip to run it. My OMG'ness not enough? It got a 96% in PC Gamer, and won best Strategy game of E3. It also won that very same award from IGN. And it's not just any old RTS with good graphics, and a few bells and whistles (Like the Havok engine.) CoH is totally unique. You need to send your units into cover to protect them, they will act and respond with each other. CoH also uses the amazing Essence engine, created totally by scratch from Relic. And not to mention the overly amazing graphics. Each individual unit has the graphical detail of a Half-Life 2 character model, thanks to the Essence engine. It also has very advanced lighting effects.

The AI is also amazing. If a unit can't see through a blast from a tank, he'll yell "I can't get a shot off, too much f****** glare!" The Havok engine is, as always, amazing, with parts and dust flying off buildings and units. The strategy involved is so much more, and much harder (I'm still practicing on Easy bots.), which is not at all a drawback. The cinematics and in-game cinematics are amazing, and the feeling of controlling the Allied forces who 'came to Normandy men unbloodied, and left an army victorious', is simply amazing.

Be warned: CoH is VERY violent (Limbs will fly, heads will splatter.) and VERY profane (Artillery strikes are not the only bombs dropped in this game.). It's rated M. But hey, it's World War 2. What'd you expect? The Nazis and the USA to make friends?

Here are the Recommended:

-3.0 GHz Intel Pentium IV or equivalent
-1GB Ram
-256 MB NVIDIA 6800 series or better

EDIT: I have all that (better than), but at times when there is a lot of action it still runs slow.

Fabio said:

-3.0 GHz Intel Pentium IV or equivalent
-1GB Ram
-256 MB NVIDIA 6800 series or better

EDIT: I have all that (better than), but at times when there is a lot of action it still runs slow.
my computer completely phails >_>

Fabio said:

-3.0 GHz Intel Pentium IV or equivalent- Done
-1GB Ram- I only have 512.. >_>
-256 MB NVIDIA 6800 series or better- Not sure about this one.. I have ATI Radeon XPress 200..

^^

Lone_Wolf said:
I'am not in to RTS to much but this game looks cool.I'am more of a FPS guy
Trust me, you will NOT, I repeat, NOT be disappointed. This is seriously a must have for anyone with a PC.

Back