Animal Crossing New Leaf Planner application

ningyou

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Animal Crossing: New Leaf Planner Application

I recently made an Animal Crossing: New Leaf Planner Application also found here.
It's currently available for PC and Android and its main feature is helping you remember meeting with villagers, events etc.
I won't post all of the features on the different versions since that all on the blog I linked above.

PC VERSION:
Screenshots

ANDROID:
Screenshots

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The reason I'm posting it here is of course for more people to see it, but also because I would like suggestions for new features and/or general feedback. Any ideas are welcome!
I'm also planning on making it available for Windows Phone and OSX when I've got the time.
I'm not making any money off of this, it's just a fun side project.

Last edited:
How does it obtain the games information concerning your TPC info (and picture), villagers in your town, and announcement board information?

Last edited:
Could you make it so you could have multiple profiles, for those of us who have 2 or more towns or those who actively play as multiple characters in the same town? This sounds like a great idea. Thanks.

Could you make it so you could have multiple profiles, for those of us who have 2 or more towns or those who actively play as multiple characters in the same town? This sounds like a great idea. Thanks.

You should be able to make more than one profile and then set them depending on which one you want to use :>
Unless you mean seeing two TPC's at the same time?

Also, what do you guys think would be the best option to package the files with? I'm remaking it into an installaion .msi file, and if there's anything more popular than Winrar like 7zip or Winzip for example, feel free to post suggestions :>

I had no trouble opening it; I think that a zip file would be easier for most people though. I know I've had friends ask me what to do with rar format before. So far I like how easy it is to set up your profile (especially the way adding your villagers works). The scroll bars are a bit narrow for me, it was actually difficult to scroll down the list of characters. I was a little confused when creating my profile didn't make it the default. I had to go back into settings and manually choose the profile I'd created. Not a big deal but not very intuitive.

To be honest though, once I'd set it up I wasn't sure why I would use it. Since all tasks have to be completed within that day of play and I rarely am playing near my computer I wouldn't really ever use it to keep track of them. By the time I was at my desk to note them, I would have done them. As a phone app it might make more sense. Or if more functionality is coming (although I'm not even sure what).

Last edited:
I had no trouble opening it; I think that a zip file would be easier for most people though. I know I've had friends ask me what to do with rar format before. So far I like how easy it is to set up your profile (especially the way adding your villagers works). The scroll bars are a bit narrow for me, it was actually difficult to scroll down the list of characters. I was a little confused when creating my profile didn't make it the default. I had to go back into settings and manually choose the profile I'd created. Not a big deal but not very intuitive.

To be honest though, once I'd set it up I wasn't sure why I would use it. Since all tasks have to be completed within that day of play and I rarely am playing near my computer I wouldn't really ever use it to keep track of them. By the time I was at my desk to note them, I would have done them. As a phone app it might make more sense. Or if more functionality is coming (although I'm not even sure what).

Yeah I'll try making it a zip file and see if people still have problems opening it!
I see your point with the app not setting the profile you just made as default, I will definitely put that in for the update :> The scrollbars might be a bit difficult to make wider, but I'll see what I can do!

Yeah I mean it's good if you normally forget events and such, but I am looking for more features to put in. I got an idea to maybe have third tab with like a check list of all the the bugs and fish you need to catch that month. Do you think that would be helpful/needed and most of all worth it? I would probably need to make more databases like the villager one, and that was a pain xD And I agree with you it would be good as phone app as well. I'm doing Android programming at uni right now and I'm going to try to make it for at least that.

Yeah I'll try making it a zip file and see if people still have problems opening it!
I see your point with the app not setting the profile you just made as default, I will definitely put that in for the update :> The scrollbars might be a bit difficult to make wider, but I'll see what I can do!

Scrollbars definitely aren't a dealbreaker! I do think a zip file would be easier, I think everyone must have a utility for that built in?

Yeah I mean it's good if you normally forget events and such, but I am looking for more features to put in. I got an idea to maybe have third tab with like a check list of all the the bugs and fish you need to catch that month. Do you think that would be helpful/needed and most of all worth it? I would probably need to make more databases like the villager one, and that was a pain xD And I agree with you it would be good as phone app as well. I'm doing Android programming at uni right now and I'm going to try to make it for at least that.

I think a bug/fish checklist would be a big help! More than that and it would bloat up too much, but adding current fish/bugs you need to the calendar along with current events would make a lot of sense. So like, on the home page you might have:

today: kabuki wants a cricket
saturday: fishing tournament
the 22nd: someone's birthday
this month's fish/bugs

A phone app would be more helpful with things like "go to Felicity's house at 6 pm", especially if you could set a reminder sound!

BIG UPDATE!

- Bug fixes
* Adding a delivery notice will now not randomly crash the app.
* Removed the annoying horizontal scrollbar on the notice board.
* Fixed the dark texts when using Dark theme.

- Changes
* The app now has an installer.
* App will check for updates at start up. (yay!)
* Better looking time and date display by user JoeRKA on ACC.
* The border on the notice board will now match your current theme accent.
* After creating a new profile, that profile now gets set automatically.
* The download package is now a .zip file to make it easier for people without Winrar.

New Download link (I also replaced the one on the first post)

Last edited:
Downloaded and installed with no trouble! It does look a little better. However, it didn't ask me where I should install it; nor did it look for my previous install. So I had to create my profile all over again. So that could maybe be fixed in the future.

I await a Mac version.

Hopefully I can make one soonish :>

Downloaded and installed with no trouble! It does look a little better. However, it didn't ask me where I should install it; nor did it look for my previous install. So I had to create my profile all over again. So that could maybe be fixed in the future.

Ah yeah, where to install is under the "Advanced" button during the installation, also the old folder wasn't really an installation :> But regarding the profile, I think it might be best if I make it so that the profiles end up in a file that you can move around.
Also changed the installer for the next update to make it easier to see where to install :>

Last edited:
Actually I have a question. Right now the notices you add are not connected to the profile you currently have active. Would you guys prefer if it is? So that when you switch to another profile, you won't see the notices from the other one.

Actually I have a question. Right now the notices you add are not connected to the profile you currently have active. Would you guys prefer if it is? So that when you switch to another profile, you won't see the notices from the other one.

Definitely. I hadn't noticed this because I didn't bother setting up a profile for my 2nd town. But I would only want to see one set of notices at a time.

Back