Join My Shiny Hunting Club!

Just hatched both a shiny scraggy(Spanish to boot![TSV match]), and a shiny dratini with Marvel Scale and Extreme Speed. Her other moves are Iron Tail, Aqua Jet, and Dragon Dance. She'd be so nasty in battle.. if only shiny dragonite wasn't so ugly....

Woot! Congrats on both! Dragonite isn't that ugly :p.

Last edited:
Just hatched both a shiny scraggy(Spanish to boot![TSV match]), and a shiny dratini with Marvel Scale and Extreme Speed. Her other moves are Iron Tail, Aqua Jet, and Dragon Dance. She'd be so nasty in battle.. if only shiny dragonite wasn't so ugly....

-_- And I still haven't gotten my Magnemite. Congrats anyways. I didn't even know that Dragonite could have Marvel Scale. Is it a hidden ability?

-_- And I still haven't gotten my Magnemite. Congrats anyways. I didn't even know that Dragonite could have Marvel Scale. Is it a hidden ability?

Well, my Dratini has it as its hidden ability; but it may change to something else if I evolve it to Dragonite

edit: Oh, and don't feel too jealous of me.. I get most of my shinies as TSV[Trainer Shiny Value] matches. I know my Shiny Value number[found it out back when PokeCheck still worked], and people have found a way to get SV's of eggs again; so I'm watching for my number to come up and claiming them as my own pretty shinies.

Also.. Long Live Marx the Shiny Chatot! ...just make sure he's not around if you try to make a wish on a Jirachi. He'll steal your wish if he's present.

Last edited:
XD
I played Kirby super star ultra.
I'm going for a shiny Chespin. I got the fennekin a few days ago, so yeah.
Should I go for a 5IV shiny chespin or a normal one? I also need a Japanese one, but I can check the GTS for that

*looks at his shiny megaton* ...I feel bad for having this now....(note: I hacked for him a long time ago; so he's not a legit shiny by any means)

If you meant Magneton, you can keep it. I like having my shinies caught by myself and legit.

yeah, magneton; and that's fine. Most of my shinies are legit shinies, but some of them are hacked for. I had an AR for the DS, how could I resist? lol

Don't worry, I went crazy when I found out about Pokegen. I don't use the Pokemon anymore for anything. (Except my French 6 IV Ditto for breeding.)

Just found a random one today, a shiny Lapras. Dang thing tried to use Perish Song, but I didn't let it escape. Used one of my Master Balls on it. Named her Lavender (for now).

MEANWHILE IN CALIFORNIA​
I'm almost on Box 20! Twice the usual amount of time it takes me to get a shiny! I've just been complaining on here lately, but this guy is becoming way too annoying to get!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Just found a random one today, a shiny Lapras. Dang thing tried to use Perish Song, but I didn't let it escape. Used one of my Master Balls on it. Named her Lavender (for now).

No chain fishing or any other methods? Well, congrats times 2!

I WANT THAT LAPRAS!!!

Sorry Dr. J. She's not for sale :p. Do you have access to a Lapras safari? That's how I got her. Try searching over on Reddit if you don't. I think that's where I found the one I'm hunting in.

- - - Post Merge - - -

MEANWHILE IN CALIFORNIA​
I'm almost on Box 20! Twice the usual amount of time it takes me to get a shiny! I've just been complaining on here lately, but this guy is becoming way too annoying to get!

- - - Post Merge - - -

No chain fishing or any other methods? Well, congrats times 2!
Hope your hunt ends soon!

Nope. Just the usual hunting in the safari. Wasn't expecting it either.

So this was from yesterday and I was not shiny hunting, but I think it's quite the story! XD

So, I was waiting for a fellow member here on TBT to finish up a trade so that I could pickup a couple of Vivillon Patterns for my friend. To pass this time I decided I would go looking for an everstone. (I wanted another one because I had just transferred my Shiny Gible from Black 2 and I wanted to raise it but not evolve it because Shiny Gabite and Garchomp are meh). Anyways the best way to go about finding an everstones is in Geodude hordes, as in the wild Geodude has a 5% chance of holding an everstone. Not even 5 or 6 Sweet Scents later I run into a horde of Geodude that makes my Gourgeist's Frisk go off telling me that one has an everstone, not only that but one Geodude was even a shiny!!! So I intentionally forgot about the Everstones and set my sights on catching that Geodude. If you don't already know, Geodude hordes love to use magnitude which makes them easily kill each other off. I managed to get down to two Geodudes and they both had very low health (one magnitude would be the end). I hoped the shiny one would use magnitude to kill the other one off but it didn't, thankfully though the non shiny one did not use magnitude after that, so I was able to successfully take it out and capture the shiny!

Right after that the person on here I was waiting to trade with was ready, so I quickly got that over with. Now here's the best part of my story, when I finally checked out the Geodude in my PC it was holding an everstone! What odds! XD

Also she was a female Geodude who I nicknamed Roxie haha.

Now I'm on to hunting for Eevees in the Friend Safari. I have set a goal of trying to get all the shiny Eeveelutions. Too bad I have yet to find even one shiny of anything in the safari. Wish me luck! Also good luck to all you guys on your hunts too.

Well...I have always had EXTREMELY bad shiny luck,never had one 'till this game.So the first time,I got a shiny on my second egg without Masuda's Method.Today,I had spent two or three hours collecting eggs to hopefully hatch a shiny espurr.I got it on my third egg...So now I have like an extra 50 eggs,anyone want them?xD

Sorry Dr. J. She's not for sale :p. Do you have access to a Lapras safari? That's how I got her. Try searching over on Reddit if you don't. I think that's where I found the one I'm hunting in.

Don't have access to the friend safari right now. Just reset my game so I could play through again(of course, I backed up all my pokemon in the pokebank first)

Man, I finally completed my pokedex and got my shiny charm, then hatched a shiny froakie on my third egg just like that. It's timid and has protean alomg with great IVs. I'll post a picture of it later when I feel like it lol.

Man, I finally completed my pokedex and got my shiny charm, then hatched a shiny froakie on my third egg just like that. It's timid and has protean alomg with great IVs. I'll post a picture of it later when I feel like it lol.

fun fact: Shiny Charm has no effect on breeding. Wild Pokemon only. So, that was an insanely lucky hatch you got there.

Back