• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Join My Shiny Hunting Club!

Bells
I am playing through pokemon X and loving every minute of it! I recently received a Japanese Bulbasuar through GTS and It reminded me if the Masuda method! I adore Shiny Hunting and over the months I have seen many a shiny Pokemon! I adore the feeling of excitement when you come face to face with a shiny and I love how rewarding the whole experience is! So I was thinking... Maybe here on TBT we could create a Shiny Hunting Club! We could hold competitions, tell stories about our lost shinys and just share our love for Pokemon! If you're interested PM me or post down below!

Thank you for reading!

I might join.

I remember when I played Pokemon Ruby I found a Shiny Trapinch but never really trained it. I sold the game to my friend eventually. I miss the Shiny Trapinch.

I have played pokemon since I was 7... I am now 13... I have played ruby, firered, pearl, platinum, soul silver, white, black2, and am now playing x, and I have only seen ONE shiny. It was a goldeen in soul silver, in the cave between Johto and Kanto, I can't remember what it was called. I believe it is passing through the bottom level of Mt. Silver or something? idk. But yeah, ONE shiny. In 6 years. >_> My brother is 17, he has played pokemon since he was like 5, he played pokemon yellow, silver, crystal, ruby, sapphire, emerald, firered, diamond, and a portion of soul silver. He has found around 5 shinys I believe. (AND ONE WAS A SHINY RAYQUAZA HE ACCIDENTALLY KILLED WITH OUR COUSIN WHEN THEY WERE 8 OR 9) And he found a super rare feebas on accident, even though it wasn't shiny, I migrated it to pearl and made it into a milotic. it is like level 70 and is amazing :D I have tried "chaining" in pearl and suck at it.. Only got to around 9. 40+ is where you get a 1/200 chance of finding a shiny. Good grief. I started resetting for a shiny volcarona in black 2 but got to 30 and gave up. Also figured that since it was so strong, it might just sweep my team and end up making me scream in anger because of losing a shiny.

I like soft resetting for shiny pokes, it's my preferred method, my highest chain is 23 I'm going to try that gain soon!

I never had luck with the "Masuda" method. I managed to chain absol and vulpix in Platinum high enough to encounter shinies of them, but that's it. I've played through firered, leafgreen, sapphire, ruby, emerald, diamond, platinum, black, white 2 and X without encountering a "wild" shiny.

I was crazy lucky in HeartGold for shinies. The two non hunt ones were a Magikarp and Hoothoot. I was doing Pok?dex stuff at the time, so I was head butting a tree looking for a female Combee. While getting a lot of Hoothoots, I was talking to my mom about how annoying it was that all these Hoothoots were showing up, and I'd run away from all. Right after, the shiny appeared. Then I said "except for that one!" and caught it right away. My successful hunts have been a Ralts in HeartGold and a Metang in White.

I'd love to join.
I've played pokemon since I was about 9 and am now 13, I have only ever seen 3 shiny pokemon!
One was a shiny sandshrew in the pokemon safari which ran away from me :(
The other was a kelceon but unfortunately I had no pokeballs, and the final was a starly which I caught :)

Yay ! Im glad this thread is so popular :) I a,gift post a competition tomorrow but for now:
What Pokemon do you long to have as a shiny!
Mine is either Shuckle or Ho-oh!

I'd love to join.
I've played pokemon since I was about 9 and am now 13, I have only ever seen 3 shiny pokemon!
One was a shiny sandshrew in the pokemon safari which ran away from me :(
The other was a kelceon but unfortunately I had no pokeballs, and the final was a starly which I caught :)

Same age here, and have played pokemon 2 years longer and have found 1 shiny. :(

I was crazy lucky in HeartGold for shinies. The two non hunt ones were a Magikarp and Hoothoot. I was doing Pok?dex stuff at the time, so I was head butting a tree looking for a female Combee. While getting a lot of Hoothoots, I was talking to my mom about how annoying it was that all these Hoothoots were showing up, and I'd run away from all. Right after, the shiny appeared. Then I said "except for that one!" and caught it right away. My successful hunts have been a Ralts in HeartGold and a Metang in White.

A SHINY METANG? :O OMG LEVEL THAT AND USE A SHINY METAGROSS!!! METAGROSS IS BAWS :D

Use Poketransfer ! I think you unlock it after you beat the game ! I'm gonna try chaining again today! Wish me luck!

Yay ! Im glad this thread is so popular :) I a,gift post a competition tomorrow but for now:

I want a shiny ralts and buneary ;)
ralts is just so adorable and would look even cuter as a shiny
and a shiny buneary has candy floss in her ears!

Use Poketransfer ! I think you unlock it after you beat the game ! I'm gonna try chaining again today! Wish me luck!

Unfortunately Poketransfer isn't available till late December and it comes with something called Pokemon Bank.

I've played Pokemon for five years and never encountered a shiny, sadly.

Last edited:
Unfortunately Poketransfer isn't available till late December and it comes with something called Pokemon Bank.

I've played Pokemon for five years and never encountered a shiny, sadly.

Do you know if it'll cost anything? I could imagine Bank having a dlc upgrade, but I would think that Transfer would be free...

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think I'll start looking for a shiny Furfrou. Ever since I saw it on YouTube... :3

Do you know if it'll cost anything? I could imagine Bank having a dlc upgrade, but I would think that Transfer would be free...

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think I'll start looking for a shiny Furfrou. Ever since I saw it on YouTube... :3

The first month is a free trial, and then it's five dollars a year for both Pokemon Bank and Transfer. (Not 5 each, 5 for all)

Last edited:
Does that mean you can just use it once to transfer ALL your pokemon from black/2/white/2 and then never use it again?

Back