• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Legend of Zelda General Discussion

Yea well ever since LttP Zelda has been following the same formula. Really if you don't like LttP fine but to call it a bad game?

Well, I can call it a bad game, because I think it's a bad game -_-

And I'm not disagreeing I just think it's stupid to call it a bad game. There's a reason nearly every Zelda game has copied the LttP formula and that's because it works. The jump in quality from Zelda II to LttP was like going from Wild World to New Leaf.

ALttP is perhaps the best Zelda game ever, and I?ve probably played through it 20+ times by now. Still, I?m not feeling too excited about ALBW. From what I?ve seen so far it looks kinda... cheap.

Are you guys getting it?

Definitely getting it. Tried it out. It looks a lot better in person when you're able to enjoy the 60 fps 3D.

I'm a Zelda freak so it's my quest to play every game in the series and(hopefully) beat....the only games I'm a bigger freak over of is Castlevania and Metroid(hence my love for Metroidvanias lol! Gotta love that exploration style...)

ALttP is perhaps the best Zelda game ever, and I?ve probably played through it 20+ times by now. Still, I?m not feeling too excited about ALBW. From what I?ve seen so far it looks kinda... cheap.

Are you guys getting it?

A Link to the Past is battling with Ocarina of Time for my throne of the "greatest Zelda game of all time", so I can't deny that A Link Between Worlds has got my attention, though I think I will bide my time a little while before getting it. Bough Wind Waker HD just recently, so my Zelda quota is satisfied for a while.

Thanks for the input guys!

And Psydye; I?m with you all the way when it comes to Metroidvanias (or Castleroid as I prefer to call them). :cool:

Are there any known multiplayer features for ALBW? Remember when LttP came out for the GBA, and 4 Swords was with it? Best fun I've had, sitting in the school library at lunch with my friends, their GBAs and a link cable.

Last edited:
I recently beat twilight princess for wii, but I am missing one little piece of heart and it bothers me so much. I have everything in the game except that one piece... I have no idea where it is and have looked and looked but gave up out of frustration. :/ I prefer to play zelda on my tv so I can't wait to see what they come out with for the wii u. But I will probably end up purchasing a link between worlds out of curiosity and ocarina of time for old times sake. <3 I have windwaker for wii u but have yet to play it very much because of pokemon x. But I have already beat it on GameCube and LOVED it, so I will definitely be coming back to it.

Also I should mention I got the limited edition zelda wii u and it is awesome but wish it had something on the actual console too. :/

Thanks for the input guys!

And Psydye; I?m with you all the way when it comes to Metroidvanias (or Castleroid as I prefer to call them). :cool:
Haha, Castleroid, never thought of that term before...lol, it sounds like a horrible medical condition but yeah neat terminology! XD

I really, really want ALBW. I hope this addition will be easy, as Im one of those people who gives up after being stumped for a long time. (And I get stumped in every Zelda game I play.)

Last edited:
I love ALBW. The ALttP nostalgia is quite effective ! But I think I still like The Wind Waker HD better.

Has anyone heard of the "Zelda" level in Super Mario 3D World? You could probably find a video on YouTube, it's apparently in the "Rainbow World". I haven't played it actually, so I don't know what the level nomenclature means.

After trying to put a link up, its not working. Try the video by ProJared.

Has anyone heard of the "Zelda" level in Super Mario 3D World? You could probably find a video on YouTube, it's apparently in the "Rainbow World". I haven't played it actually, so I don't know what the level nomenclature means.

After trying to put a link up, its not working. Try the video by ProJared.

I saw that! And the song after :D

I always liked Wind Waker, even though the bosses were easy. I liked the pictograph system with the museum of models as well, it was unique.

Link Between Worlds spoiler

I like how they reprised Thieves' Hideout and made those of us who played LttP think that the thief girl would end up being the boss XD

Back