• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Legend of Zelda General Discussion

mm I'm glad the Wii U version has been improved since the e3 demo

I still hear some people saying framerate can be awful at times on both but especially Wii U. tbh I don't care as long as the game look decent : - )

This actually makes me incredibly happy. One of my woes about the game was that the render distance on the Wii U seemed to be poor in comparison to the Switch, but that seems to have been remedied. Thanks for sharing that video, it's got me excited again! I feel no loss for waiting on buying the Switch now, looks like both experiences will be quite equal.

do you guys think there's gonna be issues with availability for Wii U version?? I didn't preorder so I'm hoping I can find it tomorrow....I'm also hoping Nintendo doesn't pull "limited stock" bs with the Wii U version

do you guys think there's gonna be issues with availability for Wii U version?? I didn't preorder so I'm hoping I can find it tomorrow....I'm also hoping Nintendo doesn't pull "limited stock" bs with the Wii U version

Nintendo eShop is an alternative, but I too, prefer the physical copy. And I need memory space for DLC.

I really like how BoTW is looking at the moment...

I swear this game is gonna effect my grades

Nintendo eShop is an alternative

I wish that were an option, unfortunately crappy internet prohibits purchasing games digitally. I mean I could (I did with the WWHD) but good lord it took 5 hours to load so I'd expect botw to last half a day

Last edited:
For anyone playing the game, ACNL Amiibo cards do work for summoning food items!

I keep getting confused that Link doesn't auto jump when running off of things in Breath of the Wild. That and I keep forgetting which button is jump which doesn't help. It is still fun to run around and get lost in the massive map. I like trying to find the highest thing to climb up on.

I managed to grab a Wii U copy on Monday from my local Tesco Extra- literally everywhere else was sold out and didn't know when they would get more Wii U copies. Unfortunately I can't afford a Switch right now (*grumble* Saving up for a house deposit...) and after seeing some LPs over the weekend since release (I only watched up until the end of the starting area) I had to get it. I was a bit worried that it wouldn't run great considering it's on the Wii U but I'm used to laggy games (my PC is old so most games run about 20-30 fps) I'm actually quite surprised that it seems to deal quite well with the lag, it is there but it doesn't really distract from the game. It's a shame this couldn't have been released like it is a few years ago just on the Wii U... I think I will end up getting it again with the Switch in the future (like I have had so many copies of Skyrim and still discover 'new' stuff)

I got into Hateno (?) Village for the main storyline quest but I got a bit sidetracked as soon as I arrived. A kid dragged me off to this statue which stole one of my hearts! (I only had 4, upgrade health once and stamina once) I got it back when I prayed to it and I suppose it is there if you mess up the health and stamina upgrades? I won't be needing it, marked it as a skull on my map. Then I found the abandoned house being knocked down and have the chance to buy it for 30 wood and 3,000 rupees! I collected the wood and cut down on my collected materials (not too much since I don't want to sell something I might need later) so I have about 2,600 rupees... Not quite enough...

I read the bulletin board and someone wants the monsters cleared out from the beach so I headed off and did that, I think I got them all, if not it's not too far to get to... I got some good weapons from the monsters down there, at least they are good for now...

So currently I have completed 9 shrines, defeated 2 Stone Talus, have 2 horses (1 I tamed for the side quest, I don't have Epona tho :( ) and have about 19 Korok seeds (including the 2 upgrades I got from Hetsu)

I like how the Wii U was determined to be incapable of running a rainbow lens flare effect based on this video.

The graphics, coloring and scenery in this game are simply amazing! (--playing on the Switch)

I love the small details. I. Just. Cannot. Get. Enough!

I just started playing Majora's mask, finished the mountain area today. Any tips?

Last edited:
When you AND your significant other are both gamers and said SO travels for work and takes the Switch with them and steals your soul because you can't play BotW. This is the current hell I'm living in.

I'm still in the very early stages of the game, but ohmigosh, it's the most gorgeous game I've ever seen.

Last edited:
When you AND your significant other are both gamers and said SO travels for work and takes the Switch with them and steals your soul because you can't play BotW. This is the current hell I'm living in.

I'm still in the very early stages of the game, but ohmigosh, it's the most gorgeous game I've ever seen.

I feel for you, but I can't say I blame them. ;)

I'm torn, I've been waiting for BotW since they first hinted at a new Zelda game.

But with it's release on the Switch, I don't want to spend the money for the WiiU version if I'm gonna get the Switch anyway. I also don't want to sink money into the WiiU if it's going to be obsolete soon. But it turns out I may not get the Switch until the end of the summer. So I propose my question -

Should I wait to get BotW til I can get the Switch, or should I go ahead and get it for the WiiU now.

As someone who has little to no Zelda experience would you recommend this game to me? I've only briefly played Twilight Princess on the Wii and since I was so bad at playing my friend at the time (who plays an insane amount of Zelda) was making fun of me. After that I never touched the game again and sold it.

This game looks and sounds amazing, but I'm not sure if it would be for me...

THE STUPID

TWILIGHT PRINCESS

SNOWBOARDING GAME

I love yeta and all but she is frustratingly good at sledding (although she's so cute in general with both her letter and demeanour so i can't be mad)

I hope Link's Awakening gets the ALBW-treatment. I'd love to return to Koholint next.

Back