• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Legend of Zelda General Discussion

kittenrobotarmy

JOLLY COOPERATION
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
2334-1895-1315
Happy Home Designer Token
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
Pokéball
Cake
Title says it all. Pokemon has a thread, Zelda should too. Discuss the series, or the two new Zelda games (The Windwaker HD/ A Link Between Worlds).

I'm currently playing the Legend of Zelda: Orcale of Ages. I've never played Zelda before, so lots of stuff is new to me. I'm heading to the Yoll Graveyard to find the first essence.

Staff, if this needs to be locked for any reason, please do so.

As excited as I am for ALBW it seems like they are copying ALTP's overworld and dungeons completely. I don't like that.

Haven't played in ages ;_; sad times.

I wish I could get the WiiU and get Wind Waker... It's sadenning

As excited as I am for ALBW it seems like they are copying ALTP's overworld and dungeons completely. I don't like that.

I think they're doing that, but making extra stuff along the way. You can get to more places entirely by being a drawing, which is nifty.

Wind waker was my favourite game. Loved the pictograph thing for some reason (though the 3 picture limit was a bit annoying, especially when I got to the end of the game and encountered once in a gameplay enemies which forced me to backtrack to get photos developed multiple times).

The puzzles were not super impossible either, and unlike Twilight Princess the game did not say "Go and find this!" and throw you into a massive world without many hints.

Last edited:
Thank you for this I'm a really big fan or Zelda me and my sister! I guess we really like puzzle games! So what's the newest one coming for 3ds?

Well, I mean, it IS the sequel and all.

True, but sequels don't normally copy the maps and overworld. In ALBW, since they added the feature to be a drawing, I suppose it makes sense because you can get to places you couldn't before.

It is, in a sense, like Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess. Roughly the same overworld, yet a difference of 100 years.

The dungeon they showed in the trailer may or may not be in the final game. And we've only seen one or two dungeons. Like it was said, it is a sequel. Therefore, the Overworld will be similar, although it has been stated many times that it will not be exactly the same. We can stills safely assume that much has changed, since this is not the same Link from A Link to the Past. Plus, I'm loving the idea of non-linear dungeons. Is that just me?

If they copied it, the game wouldn't be very exciting and it wouldn't have good sales.

The dungeon they showed in the trailer may or may not be in the final game. And we've only seen one or two dungeons. Like it was said, it is a sequel. Therefore, the Overworld will be similar, although it has been stated many times that it will not be exactly the same. We can stills safely assume that much has changed, since this is not the same Link from A Link to the Past. Plus, I'm loving the idea of non-linear dungeons. Is that just me?

I am ****ing loving it. It's clearly one of their best innovations to the series, and I hope they keep it in further, though if it is kept in future games, I would like different ways to get the items, not just a shop.

I think the fact that it's a sequel to LTTP is enough to get the nostalgia crowd on board for the game. I've been on the fence about the game so far, but with the newest round of screenshots, I'm definitely looking forward to it. I hope there's the massive amount of dungeons that LTTP had.

What's the newest game coming out for the 3ds?

WE GOT STICKIED.

Also I can't wait for the inevitable at this point because the mask is in ALBW Majora's Mask remake on the 3DS rightrightyes

Yeah but how many sequels copy the overworld in zelda? Zero. I'm sort of excited for the non-linear dungeon feature but I also thought part of the fun of zelda games were to find new weapons within the dungeon, not rent them from a store. Some of the new dungeons look cool though

Last edited:
DAMN ! I remember fondly playing the Wind Waker on my tiny purple console back in the early 2000s. But the Wind Waker HD is the best looking game ever. GORGEOUS in HD. I want Nintendo to keep on making cell-shaded games like this. The art direction is sublime.

Back