Legend of Zelda General Discussion

totally agree I bought it from vc and I'm loving every bit of it
it as the kind of weirdness similar to majora's mask
I wish that breath of the wild be one of those type of games out from the main storyline with no Zelda or Ganon
but judging by the trailers it seems not sadly :(
it looks more like a mix between skyward sword wind waker and twilight princess

Last edited:
Breath of the Wild of just another version / story told by the locals, about the Legend of Zelda.
That's what I like about this franchise... It's a legend, so things can be told from different points of view about a hero.
So hyped for this game :D

great collection ^^ I have just some twilight princess gashapons and the regular edition of the games ^^

Just purchased Hyrule Warriors Legends.
The game is not really bad and I got all the exclusive Legends warriors for the Wii U version (Legends Pack withn the game's bundle).

I personally think that Linkle sucks.

Heck she look not only a wannabe of Link, but look like Zelda wearing a green costume.

Yet they call her "original".

Her weapon of choice is pointless since we already have the bow and arrows, besides she can't kill Deku Babas with just her bow.

Her story and personality are also awful.

Even Link with his magic rod plays better than her.
There are people who say that the magic rod is bad, but Link can take out multiple enemies with the right combination and is perfect for the usage in Faron Woods.

She doesn't deserve to be in Breath of The Wild or any other game.

Last edited:
I've never played any of these games before, but I would like to. Are there any good 3Ds games anyone would recommend to me?

Wind Waker is definitely a good one to start off with. Platforms are Wii U and GameCube, and I doubt you'll be getting the one on the GameCube. Not too sure about the price but Wind Waker HD has aged a little bit so it shouldn't be in the 50's or anything.

A DLC expansion pass at $20/?18 has just been announced for Breath of the Wild:

It includes two expansions, details are in the video above. How do you guys feel about this? I'm actually kind of peeved... So far the content listed doesn't seem worth the price tag, considering the bulk of it is cosmetics and treasure chests. I'm intrigued by the "new story" but it's honestly not enough to make me jump and buy it instantly, if anything I'm more bothered by it because the game itself is already ?50 here. I think I'll just play the waiting game (again) and hold on for some reviews. If it turns out to be anything like Witcher 3's Blood and Wine expansion in terms of content and depth, then I'll consider it. Right now the whole thing has left a bad taste in my mouth but I guess it's the way things are now, sadly.

A DLC expansion pass at $20/?18 has just been announced for Breath of the Wild:

It includes two expansions, details are in the video above. How do you guys feel about this? I'm actually kind of peeved... So far the content listed doesn't seem worth the price tag, considering the bulk of it is cosmetics and treasure chests. I'm intrigued by the "new story" but it's honestly not enough to make me jump and buy it instantly, if anything I'm more bothered by it because the game itself is already ?50 here. I think I'll just play the waiting game (again) and hold on for some reviews. If it turns out to be anything like Witcher 3's Blood and Wine expansion in terms of content and depth, then I'll consider it. Right now the whole thing has left a bad taste in my mouth but I guess it's the way things are now, sadly.

I'm a little upset about the content of the DLC as well. Most of those things should already be included in the main game. Hard mode? Cave of Trials? These things were usually built in to the past Zelda games. The only thing that I consider worthy of DLC is the new story. Each wave of DLC should have had extra story content, not just items. Maybe special side quests, even. It's actually disappointing that they're turning Zelda into a cash grab, but because I don't want to miss out on those things, I'll still buy it. I just won't be too happy having to give up an extra $20 bucks on content that mostly should have already been included.

I'm a little upset about the content of the DLC as well. Most of those things should already be included in the main game. Hard mode? Cave of Trials? These things were usually built in to the past Zelda games. The only thing that I consider worthy of DLC is the new story. Each wave of DLC should have had extra story content, not just items. Maybe special side quests, even. It's actually disappointing that they're turning Zelda into a cash grab, but because I don't want to miss out on those things, I'll still buy it. I just won't be too happy having to give up an extra $20 bucks on content that mostly should have already been included.

Exactly my thoughts as well. I'm a little skeptical about this Cave of Trials, it sounds eerily similar to the Cave of Ordeals from Twilight Princess, or the Labyrinth from Wind Waker; essentially another one of those "dungeons" with multiple floors and waves of enemies. If this is the case then I'll likely pass on it, I can't stand that kind of recycled content, it's hardly rewarding but that's just my opinion. I agree though, most of these features have been present in all Zelda games previously, it's like Nintendo is truly milking the hype that they've built up around BotW which, don't get me wrong, I'm still incredibly excited for the game, but this expansion pass is no more than a paywall to features that should be included in the vanilla game.

Even worse is I don't think you can buy any of the bundles separately, it's all or nothing. Had this been possible I'd just buy the second expansion but this is a really ****ty way of making us pay more for stuff that is pretty useless to get the one piece of content that we want, and I reckon this is intentional. I'm surprised, honestly. It feels like a very under-handed thing for Nintendo to pull but they've really done it. From a business standpoint it's smart, because people will always buy it. The sad thing is that I probably will too, eventually.

it doesn't bother me. obviously I'm gonna buy it because I want that extra story :lemon: but I'm not worried if you don't buy the dlc, you'll be getting an unfinished game. botw has been in development for what, 5 years now? considering the vast size and amount of content this game will have compared to past zeldas, an optional hard mode and cave of trials isn't game breaking

what exactly is "additional map feature" though

Super excited for BOTW! I'll be unable to purchase a Switch, so Wii U will have to hold me over until I can buy it. Really glad Nintendo decided to make BOTW Wii U's final Nintendo game, otherwise I really would have been upset if they had made it a Switch exclusive. (I can't pay $300 for a new console rip). But yeah. I've been playing Zelda games for a while (Twilight Princess is my favorite, next to Wind Waker), and I have high expectations for BOTW!

Super excited for BOTW! I'll be unable to purchase a Switch, so Wii U will have to hold me over until I can buy it. Really glad Nintendo decided to make BOTW Wii U's final Nintendo game, otherwise I really would have been upset if they had made it a Switch exclusive. (I can't pay $300 for a new console rip). But yeah. I've been playing Zelda games for a while (Twilight Princess is my favorite, next to Wind Waker), and I have high expectations for BOTW!

Based from the video, the Switch and Wii U looks very identical except for a few hiccups (frame rate drops) and slightly different resolution which aren't a big deal for me. I'd say you're gonna enjoy it as much especially if you're planning to play the game on a big tv screen. I'm excited for Friday. I can't wait! (Twilight Princess is also my favorite 3D Zelda and I've finished Wind Waker as well).

Back