• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Legend of Zelda General Discussion

I really want to replay Majora's Mask, mainly so I can get inspiration for my Majora's Mask-themed house but I don't have the time. I love the new Welcome Amiibo update but with the sheer amount of new items, it'll be difficult for me to sort through everything, collect the items I need and incorporate them into my rooms.

I really want to play Breath of the Wild but they don't sell Nintendo Switches in my current country and I'm moving in 3 months anyway. Plus, my employer supplied me with a really old TV (not a flat screen).

- - - Post Merge - - -

I really want to replay Majora's Mask, mainly so I can get inspiration for my Majora's Mask-themed house but I don't have the time. I love the new Welcome Amiibo update but with the sheer amount of new items, it'll be difficult for me to sort through everything, collect the items I need and incorporate them into my rooms.

I really want to play Breath of the Wild but they don't sell Nintendo Switches in my current country and I'm moving in 3 months anyway. Plus, my employer supplied me with a really old TV (not a flat screen).

twilight princess is definitely my all-time favorite zelda game. im just in love with the graphics and storyline and just,, i could spend all day just playing it :)

matter of fact, i would be surprised if i have once! hehe

Ugh the part I've been dreading.

The half-assed shoe-horned stealth section

Last edited:
I need to replay some of the older Zelda games, like the first Zelda game and Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask. This is one of my favourite game series, and replaying them for sure will give me something to refresh my mind.

Last edited:
I really want to finish Skyward Sword. Right now I’m trying to beat Breath of the Wild though. I keep trying to complete all the shrines, it’s rather hard though and I sorta wanna just beat it already XD

I picked up OoT again...except well instead of starting over I decided to finish the save I was on which was in the Shadow Temple. Holy moly I do not remember this place at all. ><

This is something that Nintendo should do, or should have done in Botw :D

Last edited:
Wind Waker was and still is my favorite game of all time. Even playing the new Zelda games and including other games, I still play it over and over and I love it so much. I love the music, art style and story! I haven?t played the newer version on the WiiU though

I just learned that in Breath of the Wild, when you carry a chicken and walk off a cliff it actually acts like a paraglider... What a weird mechanic, very fun to discover by yourself though.

I have a question and hope this is the right place here.

I'm at the moment looking for Switch games I've never played before, one of them is Breath of the
Wild. Now I heard that this game is absolutely amazing and all, the only problem I have is: I have
almost zero knowledge about the Legend of Zelda. ._. Now of course I'm able to distinguish Link
and Zelda and also know here and there some other LoZ characters (mostly thanks to Smash)...
But that's pretty much it.

So to coming to my question: Do you need any knowledge of the TloZ universe to be able to play
Breath of the Wild (like to understand what is going on etc.)? Like can I, as an newbie, playing the
game and would be able to beat it, without being worried that I don't understand a reference from
a previous game or something? I know this may be a silly question, but I know there are games
where it's recommend to play previous games to understand the game's universe and everything
better.

I'm at the moment looking for Switch games I've never played before, one of them is Breath of the
Wild. Now I heard that this game is absolutely amazing and all, the only problem I have is: I have
almost zero knowledge about the Legend of Zelda. ._. Now of course I'm able to distinguish Link
and Zelda and also know here and there some other LoZ characters (mostly thanks to Smash)...

So to coming to my question: Do you need any knowledge of the TloZ universe to be able to play
Breath of the Wild (like to understand what is going on etc.)? Like can I, as an newbie, playing the
game and would be able to beat it, without being worried that I don't understand a reference from
a previous game or something? I know this may be a silly question, but I know there are games
where it's recommend to play previous games to understand the game's universe and everything
better.

My first Zelda game was actually BOTW and I never noticed the fact that I'm new to Zelda! :p
As for the story - it's all self-contained and you don't need to know the previous games. BOTW is the perfect start!

And it's not a silly question at all, don't worry. : ) If you have any other questions or concerns (about this or other games) - please, let me know, I'll be glad to help! As long as I can help, haha. XD

Last edited:

better.

As someone who owns a copy of Hyrule Historia and is familiar with the Zelda timeline, I can tell you that the timeline is an absolute mess and you do not have to know any of it to enjoy Breath of the Wild. The games are made to stand very well on their own.

better.

I'll third what the other two posters said! BOTW is technically my first Zelda too (although I've played a little bit of Skyward Sword but didn't get very far) and I've had no trouble. In my experience, the game does a great job showing you what you need to know, like controls, what to do with some items, etc.

On an unrelated note, tonight I finally completed Robbie's Research side quest!! I've been stalling on that one because it seemed daunting. So glad that it's done xD

Thanks a lot everyone!

After reading your replies, I decided to get Breath of the Wild in the next days. This game looks so
awesome and I'm glad that I don't have to worry about anything while playing it. Very excited now
to try it out!

Okay so I finally got started on Link's Awakening.

I love how this game is basically just a tech demo for the dungeon maker.

SO NOT ONLY did Cadence of Hyrule get a new update for Octavo mode

There's going to be **more**.

Back