• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

[#7] Five Years of New Leaf Anniversary Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin

Nefarious did this.
Staff
Administrator
Peach 🍑
Persimmon 🍅
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
4135-9919-0984
Throwing Beans
Sweet Balloon
Purple Balloon
Pink Balloon
Purple Balloon
Cyan Bunny Balloon
Purple Bunny Balloon
Red Bunny Balloon
Orange Balloon
Light Blue Balloon
NewLeaf5YearsBanner.png

Welcome to our Five Years of New Leaf Anniversary Photo Challenge, part of the mini-event on the forums celebrating New Leaf's 5th anniversary! This is a supercharged daily version of the popular New Leaf Photo Challenge in The Bell Tree Fair, so you'll be right at home if you've participated in that before. For newcomers, this is a small event where we challenge you to load up your copy of New Leaf every day and capture a specific screenshot matching the challenge to post in this thread.

We call this a supercharged version because unlike in the Fair where the challenge takes place every few days, a new challenge will be issued every single day for just 24 hours at time for one full week. You'll be rewarded with prizes depending on how many days of the challenge you can complete with the ultimate goal of completing all seven! Miss a day or two though? Don't worry, you'll be rewarded too but perhaps not as handsomely.

How to Play

A new challenge will begin each day for seven days between November 8th to November 14th. Challenges start and end each day at approximately 4:00 PM PST / 7:00 PM EST / 12:00AM GMT / 11:00AM AEST (next day).

Follow the instructions carefully posted in each challenge on your New Leaf game by taking an appropriate screenshot, then upload and post your screenshot in this thread to enter.

Rules

1. Only submit one picture (with the exception of Challenge #6! ;)) per person for each challenge, which must have been taken by you for this event.
  2. Keep posts + captions appropriate - forum rules still apply.
  3. Take a screenshot using the in-game L+R feature. Don't use a camera.
  4. Don’t edit the image at all - this includes minor edits such as sharpening, adjusting brightness etc.
  5. Entries must be submitted before the next challenge begins to be accepted. Each will last for approximately 24 hours each.

Prizes

The following are cumulative prizes for completing the specified number of challenges. You will only receive the rewards for a single line.

1 Challenge: 30 Bells
2 Challenges: 60 Bells
3 Challenges: 90 Bells
4 Challenges: 130 Bells
5 Challenges: 180 Bells,
fruit-peach.png
Collectible

6 Challenges: 240 Bells,
fruit-peach.png
Collectible,
toyHammer.png
Raffle Entry*

7 Challenges: 334 Bells,
fruit-peach.png
Collectible,
fruit-apple.png
Collectible,
toyHammer.png
+
dnm5.png
Raffle Entries*

The more you complete, the more prizes you'll earn! Rewards will not be distributed until after this event has completely ended.

*We will draw three winners for each raffle collectible.

Challenge #7; hosted by Jake

Everyone has a favorite villager, and in today's final challenge, your task is to take a photo with my favorite villager - Ricky. Whether it's in your town, your friends town, or a dream, any pictures of your mayor and Ricky are enough to satisfy my needs.

Example
UFSBSxD.jpg

Post your screenshot in this thread before November 15th, 4:00 PM PST / 7:00 PM EST / 12:00AM GMT / 11:00AM AEST (next day) to earn credit for this final challenge. Good luck!

First :]

Also this is cool. Happy birthday New leaf and what not

Last edited:
Here's to hoping I can participate in all 7 challenges.

I'm loving these banners, omg. it's kinda rainbow too so that makes it 10x better great job to whoever made them!!

oh hec k yeah i can do this (i hope)

will challenges be uploaded on new threads or updated onto this one?

::rubs hands together::

Did someone say Photo Challenge?!

Mwahahaha!!

Oops I forgot to post the first one...

Challenge #1

In today's simple challenge, head to your town tree and sit down on the planter ledge.
Watch your town's information scroll by and capture a screenshot at the part where your town/mayor's creation date is displayed.

Main Example
XO6vJsO.jpg

Alternative: If you're unable to sit under the tree due to a young town, I will accept the alternative of six fruit arranged like the following example around your tree planter with you in the center. This will only be accepted if your tree is small.

Alternative Example
kkONNp2.jpg

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's dates and how it reflects their time with Animal Crossing: New Leaf. Many will still have their original town from the release date in June 2013, others may only have picked the game months or years later, and some will have reset their town since then. There might even be a special few people with a November 2012 date who imported a Japanese 3DS and have a five year old town! We'll accept those too.

Post your screenshot in this thread before the next challenge begins tomorrow, November 9th at approximately 4:00 PM PST / 7:00 PM EST / 12:00AM GMT / 11:00AM AEST (next day) to earn credit.

Tbh I haven't played AC:NL since before the fair started, but this might get me back into it! Sounds like fun!

Plus I love taking screenshots in game :rolleyes:

EDIT: I'll upload my screenshot here when I get the chance~

Last edited:
I have a question. Do we need to have a real date on our tree, or can it be a date from time traveling?

eeeEEEeEEeeek

So I just tried to do it, and it's not working. I'm using the L and R buttons to take a screenshot but it's not doing it?? or do I have to use something else?

EDIT: nvm lol I wasn't pressing hard enough, it's all good

Last edited:
How am I supposed to participate if my town tree isn't old enough yet? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back