• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Who still plays Animal Crossing: Population Growing?

Haskell

Saving for a username change KEK
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
0000-0000-0000
Who still plays AC: Population Growing?​

I still play it from time to time. It's easier to fall asleep to than ACNL. I find it more relaxing.
I kind of miss my siblings playing it with me. It was more communal than other AC games...​

Last edited:
Hmm..what's AC: Population Growing? Are u talking bout New Leaf? Or something else? :p

So I'm guessing people still play but don't care enough to post? :(

Ohhh, I still play! It's the only one I've really played in the past year.
It's so nostalgic/relaxing to me. I feel that there's no pressure for my town to be perfect.
No plot resetting, no hybrids. Just simple gameplay. Plus the villager personalities are so much better.
I am getting back into New Leaf though~

I still play it once a month just to check in on my town and my villagers.

AC:GCN and NL are really the only ones I play. WW and CF aren't really that interesting anymore.

But I can never get burned out on AC:GCN... after all it is a N64 game in disguise ;)

I barely started a new town. The town of Hokkaido, where I just got Bob closer to my house and Tank, who was a major favorite in my AC:WW town, which I forgot the name of. I kind of want to play a bit more, but because of time constraints, I just can`t :C

I used to play on my brother's file when I was sad as a child (mostly because that was the only time he'd let me play). I haven't touched it in quite a few years but I agree, it's definitely more relaxing than NL. I still check on my WW town now and then to pluck the weeds and chat with my villagers. I'm also thinking about restarting it. :blush:

I still have my copy and check up on my town sometimes.

I unfortunately sold my original copy a while ago, and regret it so much, but I'm debating buying a copy and playing it again. I'm very nostalgic for it now!

I do, although only occasionally. It even is my original town from, like, 15 years ago. I just love that the villagers in the Gamecube version are way more sassy and sometimes even downright rude (... not that I approve of such behaviour in real life! I just think it's funny in a game with colourful little animals~ :p ) as opposed to their super-inoffensive and hyper-friendly demeanor in recent titles.

Last edited:
we still have the copy I played when I was younger, but it's been awhile since I've actually played it! I really should boot it up again soon :')

I definitely do, and very often as well! Honestly I adore the old games so much

I still dig out mine every so often, there are so many weeds....o_O

I play it at least three times a week. I'm going through the entire year because I never really played it as much as the others (especially not Wild World and New Leaf lol).

I've not touched my town in a really long while, but it's still there for if I ever get in the mood again.
I never knew the villagers changed attitude in later games. That one emo villager in AC is just like, a staple of any of my towns.

My plan is to get back into Population Growing at the start of the new year, and make a plan to play it at least three times per week throughout the year - kind of like a New Years resolution type of thing. I love the GameCube version of the game because it's much simpler than the other titles and it leaves your imagination open to more. The music gives me feelings of nostalgia and reminds me of happier, more innocent days circa 2004 when I first played it and was obsessed in the fourth grade.

Back