• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Koi and blue butterfly

Shele

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I am level 42 and have never even seen the blue butterfly, nor have I caught a koi. I've gotten everything else that's rare. So frustrating! 😫

I'm lucky enough to have caught everything that's currently in the game :) Give it some time :)

I haven't found that butterfly either. Nor the tuna or the jewel beetle.

I’m level 42 and caught multiple koi and saw two emperor butterflies (only caught one) but I haven’t caught a tuna yet and haven’t seen a big enough shadow

Image-1.jpg
*Awkward cough*

Level 41, never seen a Jewel Beetle. I keep forgetting they exist because I caught at least one of the other rares fairly early on.

I've been lucky enough to have caught about 5 emperor butterflies, but for me the koi is definitely elusive (I only have 2).. I think it also depends on where you constantly go to fish/find bugs? I find that I tend to go to ocean for fishing in pocket camp, more than the river. It's also because the fish size is close enough to a common fish that you've probably walked right by it or scared it without knowing.

Maybe if you keep trying, you'll catch more? I'm not sure to how the logistics work, since day of time/season doesn't affect, it's purely based on luck.

i caught my first koi yesterday and 2 weeks ago i accidentally ran into an emperor butterfly...haha....ha....

I have only seen one blue butterfly but it disappeared before I could catch it. I have caught 2 football fish, and 1 blowfish, but so far I haven't seen/caught the koi, jewel beetle, miyama stag, or tuna.

Last edited:
i squandered my chance at catching an emperor butterfly (accidentally ran into it) and i haven't seen one since. I've gotten all the rares except for that. RIP collection

I've been lucky enough to have caught about 5 emperor butterflies, but for me the koi is definitely elusive (I only have 2).. I think it also depends on where you constantly go to fish/find bugs? I find that I tend to go to ocean for fishing in pocket camp, more than the river. It's also because the fish size is close enough to a common fish that you've probably walked right by it or scared it without knowing.

Maybe if you keep trying, you'll catch more? I'm not sure to how the logistics work, since day of time/season doesn't affect, it's purely based on luck.

I'm not sure on the logistics either, but I feel like there actually may be seasonal fish and bugs (except for maybe the island) or they might be implemented later, we just don't know it since we've only been experiencing one season so far. It'd be a bit of a bummer if at least the rares didn't change ;o;

I haven't seen blue butterfly and Koi as well

never caught an emperor butterfly, but i have caught a koi or two and more tuna than i know what to do with lmaoo
all the emperor butterflies i've seen for sale were like 30,000+ bells, ain't no way i'm buying those. i just hope none of the campers ever request one haaa

I'm level 29, I've caught 2 emperor butterflies and seen 3. I've caught one Koi, which was during my first 10 level but I've never caught one since. Caught one blowfish, one miyama stag, 3 rainbow trout and one jewel beetle but no tuna or football fish :(

Woop caught a tuna (the shadow was massive) now time to let it sit in my inventory until we get a museum or Nintendo announces that they’re for selling or something

I finally got a koi, and tuna...but still no blue butterfly, miyama stag or jewel beetle

Back