• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What are some of your Scariest Moments?

Locket

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
2956-5463-1794
Friday the 13th Candy
Green Star Fragment
Blue Star Fragment
Pastel Disco Ball Easter Egg
Nightmare Easter Egg
Purple Candy
Blue Candy
Green Candy
Red Candy
Blue Mote of Flame
I have had a few experiences that I'd like to share, but what are yours?

A few years back, back when I didn't have a phone, me and my friend were out jumping on the trampoline. It was a warm night, and so we were just jumping and minding our own business, until a red truck comes up to the bus stop (she lives on a corner,) then stops. We thought the person was just gonna be there for a few moments, but he never got out.

We decide to keep jumping, ignoring the person. My friend then looks over, and realizes that the person was taking pictures. I look, and indeed, the person is. A few moments after I looked, he left. We decided to head to my house. The truck was going around the block, following us. I told her to go home, and I would watch her.

We never saw the truck again.

Now, me living in a super quiet and reserved area, this was a surprise.

During first period (I was in band,) we were all having a pretty normal day. We had our instruments put away cause we were watching a movie. The Vice Principal (VP) got onto the intercom saying, "Could we please have all go into lock down format? Thanks." Now, he's a super chill guy, so we all thought it was a drill. We grab our stuff, and casually walk into the closet.

After a couple of minutes, we heard the people coming around making sure the doors were locked, and we were waiting for the "drill" to be over. The VP once again got onto the intercom, and said "This is not a drill, we are waiting on the Sheriffs Office to give us more details."

We were all sitting there like O.O, and for the first time in a long time, I was actually worried about my brother being safe as he goes into school.

Every few minutes, the VP would update us, and my band teacher, who always entertains us when we have emergencies, was telling us stories. After ~45 minutes in the closet, the VP got on saying that we could go into the more relaxed lock down, so we went back into the classroom to finish watching the movie.

By this point, we've been in school for two hours and for that two hours, we were stuck in the band room. We all got so thirsty (there isn't a drinking fountain in the room,) so the teacher was handing out really old water bottles (they had expired 5 years prior.) Eventually, we were let out to go to our third hour classrooms (mine was math ;-;)and got a fun story to tell!

The Subway a mile up got robbed, and the armed one decided to come running towards us, so we were put in lock down. Fun fact: It was a 10 degree F winter day, and the dude that was running toward us took his clothes off. So basically a naked, armed, man running toward a Middle School. Fun.

Also, my band class is probably the one class that I'm closest too.

I mean I don't think I've had too many scary moments...but... there was this one time my mum went into the post office and told me to wait outside. The queue was really long, so I was left alone for a while. There was some dude at the other end of the post office on the pavement outside, and every time I turned around and looked back, he'd taken a step closer to me. In the end, I'd turned around so many times that he was standing right in the front of the doorway, blocking everyone's access to the post office lmao

I can't remember what happened after that tbh
If that was me now, I would've confronted him but nvm

when i was a 10 i had a small group of friends and we'd dare eachother to do stupid stuff all the time but once during summer we were at the beach and my friend dared me to jump into the murky part of the water. i said yes and just jumped right in, i even swam around for like 5 minutes i was such an annoying smug kid. i was starting to feel stings all over so when i came out i was covered in goddamn leeches. i ran around for like 10 minutes till they were finally off i was so scared

When I was about 13 or 14 I went to the grocery store with my mom in the middle of the day.
There was a tornado warning out by the time we got there and my dad called us to try to convince us to go home, but we were already there so we just went ahead and did our shopping.
As we were pushing our cart back to the car this guy was in the parking lot panicked saying that his wife called him and there had just been a tornado that hit on our road that had destroyed several houses.
So, naturally we try to rush home and see if our house is still there but are stopped halfway by a huge tree in the road. We can see also that a bunch of houses have been destroyed around the road. We had to turn around and take the backway home, again several houses are gone. But when we finally got back to our house it was totally fine and so was everything around it.
The tornado missed us only by a five mile radius and our neighbor said he could see it from his house.
If we had gone home like my dad wanted us to we would have been caught right in the middle of it.
Thankfully no one was killed or hurt in it.

Riding home while seeing places I've been around my whole life completely destroyed and unrecognizable was really scary. So was not knowing if the same thing had happened to our house.
I was only really worried about 3 things though:
1: my cats
2: photos that might be gone forever
3: My animal crossing town lol
so yeah, that's the most frightening thing that's happened to me in recent memory. There have been other scary experiences and even tornado scares I've had, but that's the most significant one I think.

Probably when my dad got extremely angry at my mom and almost looked like he was going to punch her in the face.
This was on August 28, 2005, just one day before Hurricane Katrina hit my home state of Mississippi. My mom put me in her car and we stayed with my grandma, aunt, and uncle (who had evacuated New Orleans, where he had been living since 2003) for the next two weeks.

I've had a few scary moments in my life, but I'll probably only list two because they're the ones that have had the biggest impact on me.

I was eighteen years old and living with my roommate (who is now my fiance). I lived in the super shady part of town, but at the time my roomie and I were arguing all the time, so I needed to get out. It was pretty late and I didn't have any friends around at the time, so I just... left. The only thing on my mind was getting a pack of cigarettes and just chainsmoking until my roomie called or I had calmed down fully. About halfway to the gasstation, I realized that I had forgotten my ID. Obviously I didn't want to go back, and I knew I wouldn't be able to get away with trying to get the cigs anyway because I looked like I was only 16-17. So, I just kind of stood there. I noticed a white car drive by, but didn't pay much attention to it. However, it drove by again... and again. Each time they went slower and a group of five guys were looking over at me. I kind of had a 'aw ***** no' reaction because of course my night was reaching that point. Without thinking much, I turned and walked away, pulling out my phone as I did so, and the car followed. I remember calling my roomie and then actually taking the phone away from my ear when they pulled up. I hung up the phone. I'm not sure why I did it. Maybe it was my shaking at how terrified I was or maybe it was because I obviously wasn't thinking clearly. However, before I hung up, I was able to say 'they're following me' and whatever street I was on. The men in the car then basically demanded I get in and let them take me home. I said no over and over before speed walking away. I could hear them drive off, so I took a short cut to a one way street where they passed me again. That's when I started sprinting. I was crossing another street (easily about three minutes from my home by this point) when there were headlights and I started crying because I thought it was the guys again, but no. It was my roomie. God, when he rolled down the window, I actually collapsed. We then went home where I proceeded to have a very bad panic attack. After that, I didn't go out alone at night.

The next story is definitely shorter and does involve creepy men/almost kidnapping. I was 17 and standing at the bus stop. I can't remember if I had been grounded from my car or if I had already wrecked it. I was standing around with my sister and a bunch of young kids. On my street there were three stops that the bus had to make. I was easily the oldest kid there. So, I'm standing around, listening to music while the neighbor kids play and argue. One of the older kids (maybe 15?) from the stop before us comes up and says that someone just tried to take one of the younger kids. He was about to get into the car when his mom came running out. At the time, I was absolutely terrified because that could have been my sister or a friend? Not to mention, that little boy was actually about to get into the car. Who knows what would have happened to him.

So, yeah. The second one wasn't as scary, but the possibility for it to turn into a nightmare was there. If that kid's mother wouldn't have stepped out, he would have gotten into that car and no one would have been able to do anything. The first one is still something that terrifies me.

I nearly got kidnapped in the supermarket that shall not be named when I was little once. I lost my dad and I was crying, so instead of going to the tills or desk I just stood in the middle of the aisle bawling (I hadn't mastered the "go over to someone working at the store and ask for help like a normal person of society" thing yet lol). I think it was two men or a man and a woman that saw me, took me upstairs, talked to the people upstairs and one of them said they had seen my dad outside to the women working there. So they were about to walk me out of the shop and I saw my dad on the escalator on our way down and I was like "lolol k bye" and they started saying "but you're lost, we saw your dad outside" and my dad was chasing after us and once we got to the end of the escalator I legged it to my dad, he told me off big time and we went home lol. It's crazy to think that if I had gone with them, I could've been dead right now. Scary.

There was this lady that was stalking me at the grocery store. I walked down the aisle, made a u-turn down the same aisle, and went down the next two aisles and she still followed. Whenever I suddenly stopped she would bump her cart into me. I couldn't tell whether I was more creeped out because she was following me or annoyed because she kept crashing her cart into my back.

I guess when I was young, whem my mom and dad used to argue a lot and sometimes things got really bad between them to the point where they almost got divorced. Thankfully they settled their difference years ago and their relationship couldn't be any healthier! Our lives would be upside down if they had seperated so looking back, I'm very glad things are good now.

mine is when me and my mom went trick or treating and it was dark and we were walking down a street and then someone was behind us and there was no one down this street except me my mom and him i turned around and saw him and he looked like he had a body bag in his hand! me and my mom were scared to death and he followed us for a good few blocks until he found a new victim and went after them and then after the ordeal me and my mom ran into her ex husband and we told him the story how someone was following us with a body bag but the idiot didnt believe us! and i was one of the witnesses to it! but the sad part is this is all true :( and to this day that guy idk still scares the **** out of me like it was Pathetic Joke coming idk if it was Slenderman or what but damn this guy was creepy! :'(

i was on the saw ride and it stopped the second we were upside down and more than vertical and everyone was screaming and hanging into the ride for a solid minute and then it woOSHED down

I was on my roof cleaning out the gutters when I decided that instead of climbing back inside my window to get inside, I would jump off my roof. My roof is pretty high up and it had been a really hot summer meaning the ground was solid. I got a run-up and jumped off. As soon as my feet left the edge, I immediately regretted it. I realised how far down the ground was and I knew I was going to get hurt. I hit the solid dirt and my feet went numb. I laid on the ground for agesssss and then the pain hit. I ended up breaking my ankle and since then, I've never jumped off my roof. It was scary to me as I didn't know what was going to happen...it was the sort of height that if I had landed on my back/neck, etc, I would be in deep trouble and it made me think how lucky and stupid I was to only injure my ankles.
(Not really scary but I can't think of anything else :))

Today I was sitting on the couch and I thought I saw the blind go down by itself. I was like that's weird. Then it happened approx. 4 more times while I was watching it. It's okay it was a friendly ghost. Jk it was probably positioned weirdly lmao, my life is boring nothing happens.

Last edited:
i was like 6 or something and my parents left me unattended in a car that was parked on a hill. so i decided i would play with the handbrake cuz it has a button on it and why not (im pretty sure i didnt realise what it was for). it was pretty hard for my child thumb to depress the button, so i had to use both hands. i remember letting the brake down a bit, and the car started to roll and i immediately pulled it back up again, realising what i had done

When I was a kid, I remember a man following me and my sister (older by 2 years) around in a mall. When I realized he was following us, I told my sister I needed to go to the bathroom. We stayed in the girls' CR for a while, but when we went out, the man was still there. My sister wanted to go back to the bookstore, but I told her we needed to go back to our parents pronto. (I think I told her I was having a stomachache, instead of telling her about the man.)

Once I dreamt I was in a wind waker styled lava dungeon and something scary happened to make my body freeze in fear (irl) and that's when i felt the most scared in my life even tho it wasn't real

Last edited:
I don't know if I would consider this my scariest moments, since there is a lot of scary instances that I would prefer not to talk about, but here's something spooky that happened a few months ago

Across from my house there is a forest that belongs to our town's only university. It's not a very big forest, but it always looks pretty spooky regardless of what time it is. Because we don't have a fenced in yard at my house whenever my dog needs to go to the bathroom you need to put his leash on and stand out there with him; so whenever I'm feeling lazy I'll only ever let him walk around our front yard instead of the side of our house, because the house behind us has a giant dog that's always outside and my dog loves to bark at him and generally act insane.

A few months ago there was a day when I was feeling particularly lazy and generally annoyed because my mom had took off sometime in the morning and refused to answer any of my calls, despite it being about 10:40pm.
I was outside for about 3 minutes before I started to call my dog to go inside, but he just ignored me and continued sniffing at the grass as he usually does. It was during these few minutes of calling my dog that I heard a rusting directly across from me, inside of the forest. That alone was pretty spooky, as despite the forest being small cougars were often seen inside of it because they'd come down from the larger forest that was a street behind the forest in front of my house. I immediately started calling my dog a bit more and louder, staring fearfully into the forest as I tried to remember everything they taught us to do on our regular cougar drills in school. My dog generally hates to go inside though, so he continued to ignore me in favor of sniffing the sidewalk and staring down the street, probably waiting for my mom to begin walking down the street towards us.
It was silent in the forest for about a minute, and then suddenly a man emerged. I almost immediately calmed down a little bit, though I was still on guard as it was pretty strange to see a lone man exit the forest; especially since it was pretty late and he didn't have any light or a dog or anything, and he was just standing there.. staring at me. I stood outside there for about 3 more minutes, trying to persuade my dog to come inside the whole time as the man watched me from the forest, doing absolutely nothing but standing completely still and staring. Every so often I'd sneak glances at the man, trying to figure out what the heck was going on and if I maybe knew him or something, but as far as I could tell it was just some random man in his 40's in a black hoodie and jeans with the hood up. I thought about maybe calling out to him, but decided against it as I was worried that maybe he'd do something if I did... I mean the standing and staring was creepy, but at least it wasn't anything too horrible.
Another few minutes passed with my dog refusing to come to me, occasionally looking at the man and huffing at him but otherwise ignoring us in favour of looking down the street. I watched the man put his hands in his pockets and move them around, obviously fiddling with something before I snapped and walked over to my dog as fast as I could and picking him up and dragging him inside. That might seem a little drastic, but my town isn't the best and it's been voted the most dangerous town in my province more than once and I've seen friends be robbed at gunpoint for a bike, so I wasn't taking any chances with this creepy guy and whatever was in his pockets.

The creepiest thing though, was how after I got inside and locked the doors I watched as the guy looked at my house for a few more seconds, before going back into the forest

I've had some scary and actually traumatic experiences... But a more light hearted one I suppose... I feel I remember when I moved into my old house before this apartment with my boyfriend, I never felt very calm sometimes. I was up at all hours, but at the same time, there were things I couldn't exactly explain?

One night, I had heard my sister saying, "Hey." I don't even think she lived with us actually because she was in college. The hey was cut down to "He-" as if trying to say hey. I had looked, and was frikkin scared, so I went to bed, curled up. Not that long after, I felt something poke my back. It didn't stop with that just one time, but papers randomly falling and the voice with Kayako gurgling, which I really think is just my stupid child mind hallucinating... Although it sounded so freaking real. And then, I felt something hit my head gently.

Not some of the funnest things to experience as a child.

My scariest moment has to be coming out of the closet, honestly. My heart was pounding out of my chest like hell.

Thankfully, everything turned out mostly alright. Took my parents a little while to come around, but now they call me Oliver and he (I'm transgender). Four years later and life is good.

Probably all the nightmares I've had.. and that one time I experienced sleep paralysis along with a hallucination right next to my bed.. it was like a cross between an executioner, a grim reaper and a nun, hard to explain. But it was just sitting there, watching me. I tried to reach my hand out to it for some reason and then I tried to tell it to go away. Then I woke up confused. I don't believe in ghosts/spirits or anything, but that was creepy af.

In terms of things that are real, probably the time I was walking around the park and this rando guy just starts walking with me, making conversation and getting my phone number. I should have given him the wrong number but I didn't, so I just ended up never answering the phone or going to the park and eventually he stopped trying to call me.

Back