• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Post Your Town Map

fink

Dragon Slayer
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
4806-1100-8236
New Horizons Token
Ancient Candle
Voodoo Doll
Pumpkin Cupcake
Blue Candy
Happy Home Designer Token
Cake
I know this thread is a day early and a buck short with my lack of map to put here but I know quite a few members have the game and I'd like to see a thread like this. When I get my game on sunday (and i'm done resetting :p) I'll edit this post and add my map. please don't set me on fire mods x_x

Any members who have the game early want to share their town layout? You can include your town fruit and villagers if you'd like.

/edit

Main Town: Viridian
Mayor: Andrea
Fruit: Peaches
Favorite Villager: Winnie :D

lXAuyBy.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet! As someone who is extremely finicky about his town layout, I can't wait to see what layouts others have. Choosing a town is always the most difficult part of the game for me.

I'm going to be very picky when I see the 4 maps. I hope my town has apples too! When I get the game this sunday, I will come on later and edit this post and put my town map and native fruit on here.

Here is mine:
tumblr_mnn2ejxJnt1r92gt4o1_1280.jpg
Town Name: Momo
Fruit: Peaches! (of course!)
Times I needed to reset to get it: 13
Why I love it:
- Pirate's beach (no beach access, must be accessed by sea)
- Wide open spaces (no narrow runs of land)
- Southern facing water fall (looks so pretty from the beach!)
- Peaches as native fruit!

I'll probably be resetting quite a bit, too, just to get the perfect layout. Hoping to get cherries and not get the red train station roof. So far those are the only things I worry about. Maybe having my river run down the right side as well... Even just a bit...
Choosing the town layout really is the hardest part of the game. Mainly because we all want maps we'd enjoy seeing every day with minor dislikes instead of having to settle with maps we fully dislike...
After finally getting that perfect layout I'll find a way to post it, hoping I remember this thread is here...

Why I love it:

lovely :) I think that placement is pretty appealing. I think I would be excited to add a bridge at the southern riverbend though

After finally getting that perfect layout I'll find a way to post it, hoping I remember this thread is here...

I would just snap a pic with your phone or something and upload to imgur ^^

I totally plan to add a bridge there, but since a villager lives near the southern part of the river, I can't build there :(

I'm waiting for that villager to move, then I'm in business! The original bridge has already been moved. :)

I would rather my river go from the right side all the way to the left (or switched) i dislike the river ending at the bottom of the map

Here is mine:
View attachment 4207
Why I love it:
I am in love with your town! I also want peaches. I hope you enjoy your town. Wish it was mine. :)
I want a south facing waterfall now!

I've never been too picky about town layouts, but I really want the one I get in New Leaf to be as close to my perfect town as possible (Really only want either apples or cherries as my native fruit >_<)

Cool thread fink, Ill be posting my town layout here on Sunday :). I'll edit this post when I do.

Awesome thread, I'll post my map as soon as I get my copy. Also, how can you tell where are the waterfalls? (never played an AC before) :p

There are two: One where the river enters your map. The second is where the river flows into the ocean.

Awesome thread, I'll post my map as soon as I get my copy. Also, how can you tell where are the waterfalls? (never played an AC before) :p

There's always a waterfall at the rivermouth and i believe there is another somewhere in the river but I am not 100% sure about that one. I also want a south facing waterfall. I think they are just more beautiful this way.

I'm excited to see everyones maps! Make sure you guys edit your posts so we don't clog up the forum. (you can keep the original text so we don't look crazy down the road)

I would just snap a pic with your phone or something and upload to imgur ^^

I find while taking pictures with a phone camera (or even a normal camera), however, the technology collides with each other and create a weird horizontal blind-like appearance... Or the image appears very bright and out of focus...
After I posted here I tried both and noticed just that... :p I'll figure it out at some point.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but is there some sort of game advantage to the layouts of the map and the native fruit? This is my first AC game :/

I sorta want mine to look like my Wild World one, just for the sake of it. I loved it! And I really want Peaches as my fruit, I think that's more important.

Can't wait to see all the maps people have. I'll post mine once I get it this Sunday (and reset a few times =P). Really hoping for cherries and a nice river layout.

I can't wait to see everyone's chosen layouts soon as well. It will be interesting to see what people have settled on. Layout is the 2nd most important thing about my town, who I get as residents is the first XD

Back