• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What's your favorite "Junk" game?

Ably.Saucey

Count your Many Blessings
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
5195-6588-2889
Orange Balloon
Father's Day Carnation
Spring Sakura
Blue Hybrid Violet
Purple Violet
Red Pansy
White Violet
Famous Mushroom
Spring Shamrock
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
You know, those games that are ALWAYS in clearance or 6 bucks at Gamestop because there's a dozen of them, the games that nobody plays or likes, the ones with bad reviews.
But you, my strange friend, for some reason like and enjoy playing.

Mine are:
Codename:S.T.E.A.M
Scribblenauts series
Some small company, corny e-shop games such as:
Most of the Johnny series
Super Little Acorns (have you played the ice levels?!)
Pop Island+Paperfield (I play against my brother)
Mighty Switch Force
Ninja Battle Heros
Steamworld Dig

Yes, most of these games are for the 10-16 demographic, but you know what?

So is Animal Crossing. And I never thought I would play and become addicted to it either. 504 hours of playtime since I bought it on March 4th.

Anyway...what's yours?

to be honest i like that Face Raiders game that comes pre-installed on the 3DS...

Miitomo, but that's more like a dress up answer random questions app haha.

Also PvZ Heroes and all those card games are pretty junk but addictive.

Ice Climber on the NES. Most people hate it but I think it's pure quality. A classic even.

And the GBA port of the first Rayman game. It's pretty bad made for some reasons, but yeah one of my nostalgia games that I can punch the heck out if I get annoyed :p

The PS2 game Frogger: The Great Quest. I'm pretty sure no one actually thinks it's good, but I'm quite fond of it. The music is catchy.

SPECTROBES!!!

Spectrobes was a ds rpg developed by Jupiter games and published by Buena Vista Games. It has you take the role of Rallen, an officer of the Nanairo police force, who awakens th power to summon ancient beasts called spectrobes. He then must use these creatures to aid him in the battle against the invading Krawl army, an alien species that wishes to destroy the galaxy! (wrote this from memory, not a wiki)

Where I'm from, I fondly remeber always seeing this game for $3 or less at all my local pawn shops. The best part is that this game had two sequels, one of which was on the wii!

The game was extra cool, because it had this whole set of "code input cards", that could unlock exclusive creatures and gear by tapping special combinations into the touch screen! (Take that, amiibo cards! Look who had it first!) I always remeber thinking myself to be super awesome because I used cheat books to find out the combinations for the cards!

Unless something magically happened to the value of these games, you could easily get the whole trilogy for under $15, totally worth your while if you want a cheap game pickup!

Lollipop Chainsaw. Most people seem to dislike it and whilst I don't see it in bargain bins everywhere, it's like ?5 when I ever do see it...But it's still one of my favorite games from last gen.

X-Blades...Like, I'll disagree and argue to the death that Lollipop Chainsaw is a good game and that you're the one who's wrong, but even I know X-Blades is awful...Yet I can't not enjoy it.

And whilst I don't think it quite classes as one of 'those' games, Tetris. Aside from the couple 'rare' expensive versions of it, you can find it for cheap everywhere and I don't think many people actually do play it despite everybody knowing what it is, but I'll sit and play that for hours.

It has to be miitomo or tomadachi life i enjoy those type of games that nobody does XD

I like Miitomo because it's so small and you don't need to do a lot of things so yeah xD I have like 7-8 friends but it's ded anyways haah

Pac-Man World 2 for GCN

Edit: Apparently people think other people think Tomodachi Life is junk. Love that too.

Last edited:
Probably Final Fantasy Crystal Bearers: Crystal Bearer something something.
I got it years ago like nobody plays the Crystal Spinoff Final Fantasy. But it's so fun. The whole game is so ridiculous. But it's my favorite junk game.

This obscure Wii game named Playground (I think it was on DS as well but I never played that version). It was just simply fun and was even better playing with friends. Yes I was a smol kid when I played it but I still love it as an adult. :lemon:
And I almost 100%ed it, if it weren't for that annoying basketball mini-game in the arena or something like that. I could maybe do it now but I think I'd be fueled with too much salt to even try it.

Last edited:
I have to agree with the Scribblenauts series. I thought the Wii U version was especially pretty good :p

Most of the lego video games. Not that they're bad, but I think people who haven't played them assume they're not good, I always see them at low prices in stores. They're usually pretty good.

Tomodachi Life ive started playing again regularly xD I also love Scribblenauts and Cooking Mama!! I got the newest sweets version and I played it non-stop to the point I got a migraine

that Shrek 2 game on gamecube ahahah it was surprisingly really fun..
Also Pok?mon Channel was awesome. And there was this fairly dumb game that came out close to (or maybe at?) the original DS launch called Ping Pals that I really liked even though it was so pointless when the DS already had PictoChat.

Back