• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

PS3 launch in Japan.

Sporge27

Retired Staff
Orange 🍊
Persimmon 🍅
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
November Birthstone (Topaz)
Cake
Red Candy
I read an article on it earlier, and of course they sold out due to the short supply...but this article said it got very unorganized and awkward at times.

For one the man they were going to inter view as the first one to get it, didn't speak Japanese but Chinese and was only getting it for some Japanese business man, apparently it said he was paid to stand in line for him, got no games with it. So this business gy is probably going to sell the thing on ebay and make money off it. (especially since there were about 20 other Chinese in line doing the same thing)

There was also a lot of confusion when it started raining...and something about a near riot...one guy admitted to cutting in the confusion, went from 200th in line to 20th approximately.

I probably should find another article on it but it didn't sound too good.
A lot of people buying them just to sell them online at a jacked up price....

You could make a huge profit off of doing that. Think...a few days earlier, you can play Japanese games, ones that come out earlier. Well...as long as you know Japanese. THhnk of how much fanboys would be willing to pay.

Well I do know that on the sony boards there are many who are really upset with the price and are certain the Wii will beat the PS3...many think it will end up a race between the 360 and the wii for dominance this gen. I don't see nearly as many people in high post count doubting the wii, not that there are none, but on the sony boards 1 out of I would say every 7 people think the wii is going to crush the Ps3 in sales, (large part due to short supply of PS3s), but many think the wii will dominate in the long run, at least over the PS3.

I was thinking that it would end up a war between the 360 and the wii.

Back