• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Hard Choice.

Fanghorn

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Ok, my parents are asking me an important question, "For Xmas, do you want a wii, or a DSlite?"

Now, some of you may ask, "Didn't you get a job and got money for the DS?" Well, my parents made me save it ALL. Lets say I wasn't very happy. <_<

So, I can't really deside. So, can you guys help me pick?

pic.gif
OR
nintendo-ds-lite-now-available.jpg

.................................................................................................how is this a hard decision? Who would put a DS over a Wii? I don't think anyone would....get the Wii for sure, 100% for sure.

Simple, Wii. It's brand new.

DSLite has some great stuff for it right now, and the wii will have more stuff later... it'd almost make more sense to get a DSlite instead of a wii, but when it comes down to it, this is your parents buck, so you'd be just as good using that to its fullest advantage. :3

lets break the price down to what you'd need for both as a basic start:

Wii - $250 + 50 for one game + 60 for another controller = $360

DSlite - $130 + $35 for one game = $165

I'm betting you'll stumble into $165 before you stumble into $360, so you'd best get a wii if its not you actually paying for it.

get a Wii, even though the DS has a wider game selection for now.

Fish here explained it the best; even though the DS's library is really big as of right now, the Wii's will expand in a matter of months. All by the end of March 31st 2007, we'll have Mario Galaxy, Twilight Princess, Wii Sports, Mario Strikers 2, Battalion Wars 2, Brain Age Wii, Metroid Prime 3, and many, many more. All of these games will no doubt be killer apps, and even though the DS has some great games, too (I'm looking at you, YIDS), I would go with the Wii... Definitely.

I don't think the amount of games really matters. Even if the DS does have a lot more, there will be way more than enough to buy for the Wii (and they are new games, not old ones).

Now fish does make a point.But get the wii because there are already probly 1,000,00 DS lites.there are less wii.SO..........get the wii

I'd have to go with Wii.

One quick question...do you already have a normal DS? If you do, forget getting a Lite...otherwise, ignore thi slast sentence.

:p

Also, if you really have a serious job where you're making a couple hundred bucks (or even a grand), tell your parents it's your money and that you're saving most of it but you have the right to reward your hard working self with a little gift (aka DSL :p).

Bulerias said:
Fish here explained it the best; even though the DS's library is really big as of right now, the Wii's will expand in a matter of months. All by the end of March 31st 2007, we'll have Mario Galaxy, Twilight Princess, Wii Sports, Mario Strikers 2, Battalion Wars 2, Brain Age Wii, Metroid Prime 3, and many, many more. All of these games will no doubt be killer apps, and even though the DS has some great games, too (I'm looking at you, YIDS), I would go with the Wii... Definitely.
Woah, I didn't know all those were gonna be out by April. I thought they were all planned for next Christmas.

A Wii would work just fine with you then...

as tempting as the dslite is right now, you should probably get a wii, even though they're about even, the wii will be harder to get your little mittens on right now, whereas you could get a second hand dslite in good condition for about half the price of a normal one, or, if the person is desperate, 1/3rd. : D

Wii still... i dont think its going to change unless Yoshi's Island is better than Zelda. D:

Get the Wii! You'll be missing out of Zelda! You might say that you can get the Gamecube version but I heard that's better in the Wii version. You will also be missing out of Red Steel and Wii sports!

Mike125 said:
Get the Wii! You'll be missing out of Zelda! You might say that you can get the Gamecube version but I heard that's better in the Wii version. You will also be missing out of Red Steel and Wii sports!
Yea also the gamecube version is being delayed till 07 I think.

OddCrazyMe said:
Mike125 said:
Yea also the gamecube version is being delayed till 07 I think.
It's december.

;)

Back