• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Donkey Kong 64

Grawr

Retired Staff
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
So, has anyone ever played this game? I'm really hoping they re-make it for the DS, just like they re-made Mario 64 for the DS. This thread is pretty much open for discussion about this game. Has anyone ever beaten it? And, who is your favorite character? Mine is Lanky, because...well, he's just insane.

One of the best platformers ever, no doubt. Not only this, but it's also one of Rareware's best creations; it's second for me on my personal list since I like Banjo-Tooie more. In any case, a DS remake *could* happen, but I'd rather see an original Donkey Kong platformer from Rare for the DS.

And my favorite character is also Lanky.

I'm writing a comic book about him as a kid. Its pretty funny, actually. If I get a scanner soon I can post a bit of it.

Years ago, when it was popular I memorized the rap :D. It's a fun game, I don't think I ever beat it though I made it to the very end though.

Great game, although I never beat it.

There was this Mediocre minigame put in that you had to pass to beat it called Donkey Kong. Needless to say, the inclusion of which was a mistake, as it was horrible.

MasterDS lite said:

There was this Mediocre minigame put in that you had to pass to beat it called Donkey Kong. Needless to say, the inclusion of which was a mistake, as it was horrible.

It wasn't a minigame, it was the game that debuted Mario and Donkey Kong

Twas a minigame to me.

And it was *CEN-2.1-SORD*, although it had 4 levels, a feature that Nintendo refused to add to even their 20$ GBA version.

MasterDS lite said:
Twas a minigame to me.

And it was *CEN-2.1-SORD*, although it had 4 levels, a feature that Nintendo refused to add to even their 20$ GBA version.
It is counted a mini-game among the people that don't know the origins of Donkey Kong or Mario, aka Jumpan, yes. I would think that you, such a big DK fan, would know his origins and humble beginnings.

Xemnas said:
So, has anyone ever played this game? I'm really hoping they re-make it for the DS, just like they re-made Mario 64 for the DS. This thread is pretty much open for discussion about this game. Has anyone ever beaten it? And, who is your favorite character? Mine is Lanky, because...well, he's just insane.
This game owns =D The graphics especially. If you like that play Rayman 2 and Super Mario 64.

Bulerias said:
MasterDS lite said:
Twas a minigame to me.

It is counted a mini-game among the people that don't know the origins of Donkey Kong or Mario, aka Jumpan, yes. I would think that you, such a big DK fan, would know his origins and humble beginnings.
It's a mini game <_< made from a real game.

MasterDS lite said:

It was there to show you some old school footage, you'd be suprised how many people never played Donkey Kong on the NES...

...was it really that hard to beat..?

Super_Naruto said:
Bulerias said:
MasterDS lite said:
Twas a minigame to me.

It's a mini game <_< made from a real game.
It isn't a mini-game. If it was a mini-game, it'd have only part of the real thing. Therefore, it's a game within a game... And both games are good.

MasterDS lite said:
...That's just Nostalgia talking! DK (Arcade) sucks!
No, it was great back when arcade games were the only things there were..

Shadow_] [quote="MasterDS lite said:
...That's just Nostalgia talking! DK (Arcade) sucks!
No, it was great back when arcade games were the only things there were.. [/quote]
So now it's horribly overated, yes? I mean, only nostalgia can convince you it's Ok.

Heh, I never beat it...

BUT IT WAS AMAZING!!!

Last I remember where I am, I'm at Spooky Castle or whatever. That boss is too hard for me.

Back