• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

SF:C Online Strategies

Bulerias

Co-Founder of TBT
Retired Staff
Orange 🍊
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Getting owned constantly on WFC while playing Star Fox: Command? Do not worry too much; Bulerias is here, to save the day and your butt. Read on for some tips on how to become the greatest pilot to ever fly in the sky.

I will be coherent (coherence = to list everything in chronological and meaningful order) so that these tips will be easier to understand and use. I will also only post tips for one on one matches.

Tip #1 - The Beginning Of The Match

3, 2, 1, GO! The match starts, and the seasoned pilot will fly towards the two most important items at the beginning of the game; the plasma cannon, which has a reddish color, and the Stealth item, if possible. From experience, I can say that if a person has enough skills and is the first to grab the plasma cannon, then victory is almost certainly assured. That isn't to say that victory is 100% guaranteed; if you're playing more than 2 players, all of your opponenets might gang up on you just to have you lose the plasma cannon.

In a 2 player match, once you grab the plasma cannon, start your attack. It's usually a smart thing to get behind a pilot and start sending locked-on shots towards your enemy, but sometimes it's better to get a bit more closer to your enemy and batter him or her with normal shots, since those do more damage than even the highest ranked charged shot.

Tip #2 - Bombs? Blech.

Don't bother with bombs; they barely work, since it takes three seconds for them to blow up. Instead, follow Tip #1 and leave the bomb along with the green ray enhancement for your opponent; they're the worse items of the bunch.

Tip #3 - Health

If you're running low on health, zoom directly for an energy circle, even in the heat of battle. Of course, if you understand that an energy circle is too far away and your health is very low, it's probably a good chance that you'll be shot down. Never lose hope, though, and keep trying.

Tip #4 - Special Techniques

No, I'm not talking about glitch exploitation; I'm talking about U-turning and loop-the-loops. These techniques actually hinder your ability to win, because if you use any of them when your opponent is in close proximity, chances are that you'll suffer some damage, perhaps severe if that opponent also has a plasma cannon.

Therefore, try substituting manual touch screen control in favor of these techniques. It may not work as fast, but it's safer.

And that's it for now. In the future, I'll post 3 player and 4 player strategies.

:)

You play this game a lot, don't you?

:p

I would've though all the tips are obvious, but that's just me, as a more strategic gamer. I like RPGs way more than action/shooters.

[quote="Shadow_] You play this game a lot, don't you?

I would've though all the tips are obvious, but that's just me, as a more strategic gamer. I like RPGs way more than action/shooters. [/quote]
I played online for roughly only an hour.

Bulerias said:

I would've though all the tips are obvious, but that's just me, as a more strategic gamer. I like RPGs way more than action/shooters.

:) [/quote]
That's why you don't have better tips

Shadow_] [quote="Bulerias said:

Maybe you should show me how you play, so that I can beat you and you'll shut up.

Bulerias said:
Shadow_] [quote="Bulerias said:

Maybe you should show me how you play, so that I can beat you and you'll shut up.

:p [/quote]
Sorry, I don't have the game, I only tried it.

:p So these tricks could seem basic to anyone

TwilightKing said:
This is directed towards me isn't it :| lol, j/k We'll have a rematch and I'll beat you then

;)
He never said your name

Anyways, nice tips bul, even tho I already knew them

Once the fight starts, you should quickly double tap the highest part of the lower screen, giving you a boost, and making it easier to the plasma cannon

Oh yeah, and do lots of barrel rolls, since they attract items.. you can get stars faster

Back