• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Future E3s.... not happening?

Oh my God, if this is true, then I'm uberly pissed. I'm seeing this on Kotaku, Joystiq, and GoNintendo...

Bulerias said:
Oh my God, if this is true, then I'm uberly pissed. I'm seeing this on Kotaku, Joystiq, and GoNintendo...
None of them are 100% sure though... so I guess we'll know once (/if) they make the anouncement.

Bulerias said:
If this happens, video games will suck. I'll have no clue about anything that's happening.

AnimalE10 said:
48 hours is too long! I will get tired then
:yawn:

You're not expected to stay awake waiting for it. : \

Even if this does happen, i wont really mind, as much as i love e3, i only really watch it for nintendo, and some PC titles, but mostly nintendo... and since nintendo would obviously then have a show solely for themselves, it'd be our own e3, but just fer us. D:

That'd be cool, but then, knowing G4, there would be no coverage of it. >_> Even if there was, they would crack jokes at everything.

But then we will be forced to watch GDC... which is sooooooooooo borring...
:yawn:

Well, there isn't that much to show off anymore of the next generation. I would doubt that they would cancel it permanently though.

POKEFAB said:
That'd be cool, but then, knowing G4, there would be no coverage of it. >_> Even if there was, they would crack jokes at everything.
Who cares about G4... they're for Game Nerds either way. : \

I highly doubt thats right, E3 is just too big of an event to be cancelled just like that.

I knew about this out on a News storyon Gamespot is reporting that the ESA (Entertainment Software Association) will make an announcement tomorrow regarding the future of E3. .

The format of the event is also rumoured to change and instead of the huge booths taking up masses of floor space, it would change to a meeting room type of event. This would ease pressure on developers to rush preview builds reducing costs and also saving on travel expenses.

The story has also appeared in numerous places such as Next-gen who paint a gloomier picture for the event's future and also on Ars Technica look at the reasons why this may be happening to the event.

In my opinion, after the event going on for 7 or so years now, I think this would be beneficial for the industry as a whole, perhaps more money could be spent on the game development and help devs meet deadlines. An official announcement is due tomorrow. :yes:

Back