• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Ocarina of Time-Wind Waker Theory (56k warning)

SL92

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker Theory

Exactly how events happened between the time where Ganon was sealed in the blade of evil

A very interesting theroy. I would have to say though that Link who lives on Outset island isn't actually the Hero of Time because in the guide book for WindWaker it says Link was named after the Hero of Time. Also the legend says that they had waited years for The Hero of Time to Return so on year 10 it would have been imposible for Link to go out searching for the master sword.

Also it would be hard for this theory becuase in OoT Link didn't have a sister or a grandma because Link is actually Hylian living in the Kokiri forest. So some things I can agree with and some things I can't. Good job though!

^_^

OddCrazyMe said:
A very interesting theroy. I would have to say though that ]
No, I was thinking that Link's great-grandson would be the one who was in Wind Waker. So there would be a chance of having a sister and grandmother if Link had a daughter.

Shadow_] [quote="OddCrazyMe said:
A very interesting theroy. I would have to say though that ]
No, I was thinking that Link's great-grandson would be the one who was in Wind Waker. So there would be a chance of having a sister and grandmother if Link had a daughter.
Oh. I guess that makes sense a little.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but here's a little part where your theory falls apart; the Link in Ocarina of Time and The Windwaker are not related in terms of blood; but they are related spiritually.

Bulerias said:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but here's a little part where your theory falls apart; the ]
Good point... never thought of that, Bul (and thanks for pointing that out!) Well, I suppose the part of my theory where Link of Wind Waker is the great-grandson of Link of Ocarina of TIme must be scratched. But to a Zelda fan such as yourself, what do you think of the rest of the theory?

Overall great theory, but I know something that makes it wrong. The gods flooded Hyrule, not an earthquake. I think they flooded it so hyrule could no longer be harmed or something along those lines.

Oh wait, I just found Daphnes Dialogue from windwaker:

"Once, long ago, this land of Hyrule was turned
into a world of shadows by Ganon, who sought to obtain the power of the gods
for his own evil ends. My power alone could not stop the fiend, and our only
choice was to leave the fate of the kingdom in the hands of the gods... When
the gods heard our pleas, they chose to seal away not only Ganon, but Hyrule
itself... and so, with a torrential downpour of rains from the heavens... Our
fair kingdom was soon buried beneath the waves, forgotten at the bottom of the
ocean."

TwilightKing said:
Overall great theory, but I know something that makes it wrong. The gods flooded Hyrule, not an earthquake. I think they flooded it so hyrule could no longer be harmed or something along those lines.

Oh wait, I just found Daphnes Dialogue from windwaker:

"Once, long ago, this land of Hyrule was turned
into a world of shadows by Ganon, who sought to obtain the power of the gods
for his own evil ends. My power alone could not stop the fiend, and our only
choice was to leave the fate of the kingdom in the hands of the gods... When
the gods heard our pleas, they chose to seal away not only Ganon, but Hyrule
itself... and so, with a torrential downpour of rains from the heavens... Our
fair kingdom was soon buried beneath the waves, forgotten at the bottom of the
ocean."
Well, that proves one thing about my theory, that the Great Sea was in fact on top of the old Hyrule, but it also proves that the quake caused by Ganon never flooded the kingdom, but the goddesses who were mad at Ganon.

Thanks for pointing that out, too! I thought I did all my research

:p

Back