And People say SONY steals ideas?

JJRamone2

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Yes, I love Nintendo, I love Sony too, but I'm SO FED UP with people saying Sony steals all their ideas from Nintendo!

Look, I'll give you an example; With the new Nintendo 'DS lite' there are four backlight settings...wait a minute....the Sony PSP came out BEFORE the DS lite and they have four backlight settings too? Looks like our perfect Nintendo just stole an idea.

Next lets go onto the topic of the Wii. This new system allows the use of firmware to the system...now....is it just me, or did , not only Sony's PSP, but many other devices use this? Looks like Nintendo just stole another idea.

Now lets just think for a moment. Yes, Sony HAS taken ideas from Nintendo, I'm not arguing that, but take the old expression "two heads are better than one." Is this not also true with ideas? Yes, it is, Sony has their own ideas but also uses ideas other companies have come up with, yes, they steal them, but they also build on their ideas with the other ones, therefore making it better in some ways.

Now, I hope people can see that NO company is perfect and that, although Nintendo Fanboys will always think otherwise, Nintendo and every company has stolen ideas.

That and the lites color scheme looks mighty firmiliar... *CoughiPodCough*

OMG! There stole firmwere! If only they'd have done it earlier. Then we wouldn't have had to settle with freinds codes rather than something that doesn't take 5 minutes to a freind in each game.

I'm sick and tired of Nintendo. (I still love them because they have Mario and AC) Sony and Microsoft are good too. I just want classic games without too much innovation.

I agree with you, wholeheartedly.

These Nintendo fanboys annoy the carp out of me... I mean, honestly... They're all, like "OOOH, SONY STOLE TEH EVERYTHING!!!1!!!1!!" Whereas, this so called "stealing" is actually good; Sony, though can sometimes steal ideas, makes them BETTER. If Nintendo steals, then Nintendo wants to make that certain idea better. It's all for the good of the industry.

And it IS good that the PS3 controller has motion sensetivity; didn't Nintendo want motion sensing to be a standard? Why is everyone complaining, then? :\

Bulerias said:

These Nintendo fanboys annoy the carp out of me... I mean, honestly... They're all, like "OOOH, SONY STOLE TEH EVERYTHING!!!1!!!1!!" Whereas, this so called "stealing" is actually good; Sony, though can sometimes steal ideas, makes them BETTER. If Nintendo steals, then Nintendo wants to make that certain idea better. It's all for the good of the industry.

And it IS good that the PS3 controller has motion sensetivity; didn't Nintendo want motion sensing to be a standard? Why is everyone complaining, then? :\
If I remember correctly, you were one of the first people to say that.

-_-

STORMTROOPER88888 said:
Bulerias said:

-_-
I said Sony steals everything? I dare you to find that for me. And Storm, what the heck is with all of the negative posts against me? Hmm?

Bulerias said:
STORMTROOPER88888 said:
Bulerias said:

-_-
I said Sony steals everything? I dare you to find that for me. And Storm, what the heck is with all of the negative posts against me? Hmm?
He want's to "own" you

:p

ZERO_13 said:
Bulerias said:
STORMTROOPER88888 said:
Bulerias said:

-_-
He want's to "own" you

:p
As if that's actually happening. >_>

He might own himself if he's not careful, though.

What people dont seem to understand is this "stealing" is for the most part perfectly legal... these things people are "stealing" are just technology, and there is nothing wrong with putting new technology into something, and there is absolutely no stealing involved, yes, sony and nintendo seem to borrow things off of eachother, sony gets hit for it a bit more (i cant blame them, they sound like thugs when they're going to sell you something.) but in all honesty, its everyones technology, claiming its yours because you were the first to utilize it is stupidity in itself. D:

Personally, my favourite thing is the way the Nintentards practically ejaculate at the thought of the 'Wiimote', believing it to be some sort of all-new innovation.

dcwand.jpg

lol Dreamcast

Hmm I never thought Dreamcast used that design however Nintendo perfected the design plus made it have a pointer and if Dreamcast did have pointer then they Nintendo perfected it as well.

Perfection shmerfection, we never know how perfect it was with the Dreamcast, although I must admit that that specific design was canned...

Bulerias said:
Perfection shmerfection, we never know how perfect it was with the Dreamcast, although I must admit that that specific design was canned...
Well obviosly it wasn't that good since none of us ever knew about it. :/

KatzMotel said:
Personally, my favourite thing is the way the Nintentards practically ejaculate at the thought of the 'Wiimote', believing it to be some sort of all-new innovation.

dcwand.jpg

lol Dreamcast
Yup, the Dreamcast was the first thing I thought of when I first saw the Wiimote... I wasn't think of how innovative it was, but how they were going to go through with it, unlike SEGA sadly didn't. My second thought was that we're probably going to see Air NiGHTS now. My third thought was lost somewhere as I started blowing through popular NiGHTS fansites to see if anyone was thinking the same thing, but didn't find anything.

I was, admittedly, rather annoyed when Sony announced motion sensitivity, but then, I thought it over and came to the same conclusion that Bulerias did; that Nintendo's plans were following through as another gaming giant liked the idea.

The thing is, unless the idea's patented, and another party takes the exact technology and utilizes it, it can't be called stealing, because it's still fair game. Stealing was Sony taking the rumble technology, which got them sued. (Didn't read up on that situation much; correct me if I'm wrong.)

I don't know why some call it stealing, I mean, if it's good, and it's better than what you have now, wouldn't you want to implement it into your systems? Now, if you're saying you implemented the idea, and said you came up with it, and it's originally yours, then yeah, that could be stealing and lying. But, if someone else came up with it, and you just wanted to have it, go deeper with it, develop it more, I don't see how that's stealing. I mean, we've done that with not just video game systems, but tons of technology. Like, for example, in the U.S., we took Britain's ideas of Textile machines and implemented them here. So, I don't know how some people are saying it's stealing. If it's better, and you want it to make your system or whatever better, then put it in.

Back