• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

DS LITE!!!!!!!!!

Sonicdude41

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I was just at Wal Mart, and I saw the DS Lite! I also read the Nintendo Power Magazine there, and it said it was supposed to be released today! Yay! The DS Lite is now out!

:D

It's not fair that peopl who buy a DS now will get all the new stuff at the same price that we got are old version.

:(

:p Oh well...

Yeah its kind of annoying since now I want it but I'm still not going to get it my DS works perfectly so no need.

I just bought one!

^_^ Thats right kids! It looks really awesome! And I even compared it to my Brother's DS screen, its about 4 times brighter. If anyone has like...questions about it or something, you can PM me.

I'm still having trouble understanding how remakes of handhelds, like the DS Lite, sell so phenomenonly well, at least in Japan. I mean, look at the Gameboy Advance SP; I believe that it sold more than the normal Gameboy Advance, and people that owned the normal GBA bought an SP... The same thing is happening with the DS Lite. People in Japan who already had a normal DS fought others to get their hands on a Lite... I don't know, this is kind of beyond me.

I understand that Nintendo is making these remakes because they sell so well, but I think they should at least improve the hardware somewhat. The brightness levels aren't worth another $130, in my opinion, if you own a normal DS. If the person who's getting a Lite doesn't own a normal DS, then that's fine... But I really don't understand how people can be hyped over basically the same system with a few tweaks when they already have the same system; it just looks differently.

Perhaps if Nintendo added a built-in Opera browser into the DS Lite then maybe it would be worth that money, although that's still debatable... I hope Nintendo doesn't continue to remake their handhelds without any hardware changes...

I know that I'm not getting a DS Lite because I already have a normal DS, and I don't see why I should spend another $130 on basically the same thing, with just a few cosmetic changes...

Bul, that's exactly how I feel. Everything you mentioned I would've mentioned. Why is Nintendo doing this? These...these remakes of pefectly fine systems. GBA > SP, ok the Lite may be a little better than the DS, but still...Nintendo shouldn't be doing this...it's too much of a risk.

Bulerias said:
I'm still having trouble understanding how remakes of handhelds, like the DS Lite, sell so phenomenonly well, at least in Japan. I mean, look at the Gameboy Advance SP; I believe that it sold more than the normal Gameboy Advance, and people that owned the normal GBA bought an SP... The same thing is happening with the DS Lite. People in Japan who already had a normal DS fought others to get their hands on a Lite... I don't know, this is kind of beyond me.

I understand that Nintendo is making these remakes because they sell so well, but I think they should at least improve the hardware somewhat. The brightness levels aren't worth another $130, in my opinion, if you own a normal DS. If the person who's getting a Lite doesn't own a normal DS, then that's fine... But I really don't understand how people can be hyped over basically the same system with a few tweaks when they already have the same system; it just looks differently.

Perhaps if Nintendo added a built-in Opera browser into the DS Lite then maybe it would be worth that money, although that's still debatable... I hope Nintendo doesn't continue to remake their handhelds without any hardware changes...

I know that I'm not getting a DS Lite because I already have a normal DS, and I don't see why I should spend another $130 on basically the same thing, with just a few cosmetic changes...
...I agree with you, but I know a bit of why people (like me) buy the, what I like to call, "the re-runs".

Because eventually, everyone will have them. Then the people who don't have them are going to want them too. Thats the way I see it.

Another example is the Pokemon Crystal and Pokemon Emerald versions. They are both re-runs of the previous games. Well, what can we say? Nintendo likes Re-runs. :wacko:

But I completely understand your way of thinking Bul, and PKMN.

But like they said at E3 they want to take risks.

Also Bul the Sp was a big step forward due to the fact that you could actually see due to the built in light. The worm lights for the GBA was really annoying. Now the DS Lite isn't just all about the Lightness. It has a few more hours exteneded, better graphics, already charged when you buy it unlike the Regular DS and also the Lite is re-arranged for everyones convience.

Xemnas said:
Bulerias said:

...I agree with you, but I know a bit of why people (like me) buy the, what I like to call, "the re-runs".

Because eventually, everyone will have them. Then the people who don't have them are going to want them too. Thats the way I see it.

Another example is the Pokemon Crystal and Pokemon Emerald versions. They are both re-runs of the previous games. Well, what can we say? Nintendo likes Re-runs. :wacko:

Pokemon is a game, sytems are different. You can be a big time Pokemon fan, but it's practically impossible to be a "system" fan. See you don't even use the word system fan. It's not natural...

OddCrazyMe said:
But like they said at E3 they want to take risks.

Also Bul the Sp was a big step forward due to the fact that you could actually see due to the built in light. The worm lights for the GBA was really annoying. Now the DS Lite isn't just all about the Lightness. It has a few more hours exteneded, better graphics, already charged when you buy it unlike the Regular DS and also the Lite is re-arranged for everyones convience.
Oh jeez, I agree with you too, Odd.

As an owner of the DS and the DS lite, I will say this: The DS lite has a brighter screen, and looks 100% cooler than the regular DS. Plus, I hear if you buy it at Best Buy, you get a free Brain Age game (Unfortunately, I bought mine at Toys R Us). People, I have mixed feelings about the DS lite, but now that I think about it, I prefer the DS lite over the DS.

@PKMN- Its not really a "system fan"...I guess in a way its more like an "overly overly overly obsessed Nintendo Fan" :lol:

PKMNMasterSamus said:
Xemnas said:
Bulerias said:

Pokemon is a game, sytems are different. You can be a big time Pokemon fan, but it's practically impossible to be a "system" fan. See you don't even use the word system fan. It's not natural...
Well of course you wouldn't be a system fan you would be a Nintendo fan. But you do have a point PKMN.

Haha...Shadow, if I didnt have a DS lite, I would probably be convinced to buy one from just that first video.

Xemnas said:
@PKMN- Its not really a "system fan"...I guess in a way its more like an "overly overly overly obsessed Nintendo Fan" :lol:
Not true. A Nintendo fanboy just has to be a big fan. You don't need to have a remake of a system. Why in the first place did they release a DS, when they were releasing a Lite later on? Nintendo should stop and start making new systems.

PKMNMasterSamus said:
Xemnas said:
Not true. A Nintendo fanboy just has to be a big fan. You don't need to have a remake of a system. Why in the first place did they release a DS, when they were releasing a Lite later on? Nintendo should stop and start making new systems.
Uhhh...PKMN, I know that a Nintendo fanboy just has to be a big fan. Thats why I said "overly overly overly obsessed Nintendo fan". For instance, they are so obsessed that they buy every system and every game Nintendo ever releases.

So, whoever has a Lite is a bigger fan than me?

:huh:

Do you have a SNES? (i'm talking to people with lites)

Yeah I have a SNES. But just because the people with the lites are obsessed, it doesnt really mean they are more of a fan than you. I should have just said "Overly overly overly obsessed with Nintendo" and not "Overly overly overly obsessed Nintendo fan". You can be obsessed with Nintendo, and still not be as big of a fan as some other kid. Obsession is different from being a fan...in very few ways. :yes:

...I'm obsessed with Nintendo...people who have a DS and bought a Lite may be obsessed but mostly their not using common sense ;).

Back