• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Paper Mario announced at E3!

awwwwwesome

:D I was a Paper Mario fan ever since Paper Mario for N64 came out. At first, when I saw the commercials like where you see Bowser putting Peach through a paper shredder it looked dumb and stuff, but when I got the game I loved it. Darth, do you remember that you were like "OMG, why'd you get that game, that's stupid" when I bought it :p.

Thats awesome

:) I agree, this will be one of the last good GC games coming out.

ps. i'm out of town. thats why i've been inactive

:p

looks like fun, i'll be getting it for sure.

:p

its a platformer... i love mario platformers.

PKMNMasterSamus said:
Hopefully they add more abilities to Mario like they did from the transition from 1 to 2.
well you can change the direction of the screen from one side to the other... but it looks like thats it. atleast thats all they've shown us.

Well, you can turn from Mario to Peach, turn into they're Godzilla 8-bit forms, and it is a side-scroller. I agree, one of the last good Gamecube games to come out, have you looked at the rest? All of them are stupid little third-party games based on TV shows, besides (I just seen) Super Monkey Ball Adventure and DK Bongo Blast.

Baiten Kaos! Just spotted this tite! Isn't this already a game? No, that was Baiten Kaitos.

Oh jeez, this is going to be an awesome game!

I hope Sir Grodus and the X-Nauts will return!!!

:eek:

Xemnas said:
Oh jeez, this is going to be an awesome game!

I hope Sir Grodus and the X-Nauts will return!!!

:eek:
Eh, not sure they will, because in Paper Mario 2, they had like all different bosses than in Paper Mario 1, so maybe, but I would also like more new bosses.

Woah, the thing that really surprised me is that you get Bowser as one of the playable characters. I don't think that has happened yet in a Mario side scroller. I wonder what happened in the game that made him want to go and team up with Mario and the gang.

[quote="] Woah, the thing that really surprised me is that you get Bowser as one of the playable characters. I don't think that has happened yet in a Mario side scroller. I wonder what happened in the game that made him want to go and team up with Mario and the gang. [/quote]
You got to play as him in The Thousand Year Door in little side-scrolling parts.

I dream about Paper Mario. (and Super Mario RPG)

That is all. *hint, hint, invisble text*

OMG, its a side scroller!! *squeels like a four year old*

Shadow_] [quote= said:
Woah, the thing that really surprised me is that you get Bowser as one of the playable characters. I don't think that has happened yet in a Mario side scroller. I wonder what happened in the game that made him want to go and team up with Mario and the gang.
You got to play as him in The Thousand Year Door in little side-scrolling parts. [/quote]
Those were so cool.

Yeah, you could turn humongous as Bowser and just trample everything. I'm hoping for sidekicks. Here's a quote from Gamespot:

"However, it's not just a 2D side-scroller. The game fuses elements of 2D and 3D gameplay together, shifting back and forth between dimensions. Watching the brief video for the game, you can get a pretty good idea of how it plays. The paper version of Mario runs to the right, stomping on koopas, punching bricks, collecting coins, and whatnot. However, you won't just be playing as Mario, it seems. Both Princess Peach and Bowser are shown as playable characters in the video. And in perhaps something of a nod to Nintendo's newest Mario title for the DS, the video also shows all characters getting severely gigantic, blowing through enemies and bricks with reckless abandon. Even more hysterical, the giant characters are actually versions of the original Super Mario Bros. sprites, blown up to epic proportions."

Back