• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Ps3 fail?

Sporge27

Retired Staff
Orange 🍊
Persimmon 🍅
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
November Birthstone (Topaz)
Cake
Red Candy
From what I have seen there has not been much good on it, other than Metal gear 4 and FFXIII

However for FFXIII Squares contract is over with sony and is already releasing FFXI on the 360 could this mean that the FF series will start coming to other consols? '

and For metal gear with snake in SSBB does this mean that they might be making the MG series for Nintendo again?

Either way with sony's price being through the roof it will take dedicated sony players to buy it. Many developers say it is the hardest system to code for whic is causing less third party supporet.

Anyway what do you guys think?

(you forgot Assassins that looks good.)

Anyways, i don't think the PS3 will fail, but only the real hardcore Sony fans (and rich people

:p ) will be getting it.

STORMTROOPER88888 said:
(you forgot Assains, that looks good.)

Anyways, i don't think the PS3 will fail, but only the real hardcore Sony fans (and rich people

:p ) will be getting it.
...what are you looking at me for!?

:p Anyways I wanna get one, it might be kool seeing how they intergrate an MGS game onto the Wii if they do though.

well I'm not saying it doesn't have good games so much as it is losing some developers or at least they won't be exclusive to sony any more.

I honestly haven't seen too many games

I doubt PS3 is the hardest console to code, I mean, look at the Wii. With the Gyroscope, the force feedback and stuff.

no PS3 is due to the different formating cell processor and that it is the most advanced.

Nintendo tried to make the coding easy and many developers are finding that , the only hard part is figuring a good way to use the controller

Definetly, here are some key parts.

1. I've noticed that a lot of non-nintendo fans are becoming them because of Wii
2. PS3 = waaaay too much.
---360 and Wii are way less.
3. Not that many good games? A couple?
4. 360 came out first, so that did oookay. Wii is going to rock, so that leaves PS3...at the bottom.
5. Controller, I'm not sure that Xbox changed style of controller, but...for PS, how can you have the saame (almost exactly) controller for 3 different systems.

So, yes, unless Sony has a secret card up their sleeve then I have a feeling they aren't going to do that good.

their conference put me to sleep... they basically pointed out that they were going to do online for free, but you'd get to buy extra crap for games... how much are they expecting you to pour out?

"you can buy additional wepons and maps online"
ok, so instead of doing that free, they decide to give an advantage to the richer of rich kids... something says that'll end up like most card games do... milking people for money.

they have a couple intersting games comming out, i think resistance looks pretty awsome... but not $2000+ awsome for all the stuff i'd have to buy just to play it.

PKMNMasterSamus said:
Definetly, here are some key parts.

1. I've noticed that a lot of non-nintendo fans are becoming them because of Wii
2. PS3 = waaaay too much.
---360 and Wii are way less.
3. Not that many good games? A couple?
4. 360 came out first, so that did oookay. Wii is going to rock, so that leaves PS3...at the bottom.
5. Controller, I'm not sure that Xbox changed style of controller, but...for PS, how can you have the saame (almost exactly) controller for 3 different systems.

So, yes, unless Sony has a secret card up their sleeve then I have a feeling they aren't going to do that good.
That post is oozing with fanboyism

Heres the stage I see set, It will be a year after 360 is out, so xbox owners have had time to build up money for a cheap system like wii but don't want a hole like the PS 3 will make.
no matter what though the PS3 is just plain too much and they are sill losing money...

I think the real thing that will make it fail, is it's really high system price. 500-600 dollars depending on which system is coming out. I am boycotting the PS3, because it keeps on stealing nintendos ideas. First it's analog, now it's the motion tracking. Then they stole Xboxs idea for making a Core system and a full system. They are making me mad, can't they imagine something on their own for once.

Back