• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Pre-E3 Madness!

Bulerias

Co-Founder of TBT
Retired Staff
Orange 🍊
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Let's clear some stuff up! The MEGATON (another name for the Wii's last secret) will be unveiled at E3! The (atomic) bomb will be dropped, and everything will be clear. Let us do a quick overview of what we already know.

About the Controller

1) It has lots of special stuff. The most obvious is the 3D pointing system and the built-in gyroscopes. These gadgets allow the Wii controller to explore places nobody has explored before. It open up new possibilities, and gives developers a chance to actually have fun making a game.

2) The nun-chuck, the add-on that functions as a control stick and has two Z buttons, is going to have a simplified version of the Wii controller's features, called an accelerometer, which senses pointing, and has a gyroscope, ala Warioware Twisted. It does NOT have 3D sensing, like the Wii controller does.

3) The Wii controller will feature 'force-feedback' and standard rumble; the first is a technique that immerses the player further into the game. For example, in Zelda for Wii, a monster hits you; the Wii controller itself moves backwards. Another example is when swords meet, you will actually feel the pressure of the sword pushing down on your sword. This is accomplished with gyros spinning rapidly in the controller.

About the Hardware

1) The Wii can accept both Wii 12cm optical disks and GCN disks into one slot. This is a first for any videogame system, if memory serves me right.

3) On the back, there are two USB (2.0, my best guess) ports.

2) The Wii has 512 Megabytes of built-in flash memory that will be used for game downloads from the Virtual Console. If you run out of space, you can use an external hard-drive and connect it through USB, or just use SD memory cards.

About the System

1) The system will utilize the same online service the DS is currently using, the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, with one noticeable change; the service will resemble Xbox Live in terms of communication, and overall performance. Friends Codes are almost sure to disappear.

2) A special feature called the Virtual Console will allow the player to download classic games from the NES, SNES, Nintendo 64, Sega Genesis (and possibly all other Sega systems except Dreamcast), and Hudson's Turbo-Grafx 16.

That's all we know as of now, and hopefully you enjoyed this FAQ-ish thing. I will update all of the new info we get at E3 in here for all of you guys to see.

Bulerias said:
Let's clear some stuff up! The MEGATON (another name for the Wii's last secret) will be unveiled at E3! The (atomic) bomb will be dropped, and everything will be clear. Let us do a quick overview of what we already know.

About the Controller

1) It has lots of special stuff. The most obvious is the 3D pointing system and the built-in gyroscopes. These gadgets allow the Wii controller to explore places nobody has explored before. It open up new possibilities, and gives developers a chance to actually have fun making a game.

2) The nun-chuck, the add-on that functions as a control stick and has two Z buttons, is going to have a simplified version of the Wii controller's features, called an accelerometer, which senses pointing, and has a gyroscope, ala Warioware Twisted. It does NOT have 3D sensing, like the Wii controller does.

3) The Wii controller will feature 'force-feedback' and standard rumble; the first is a technique that immerses the player further into the game. For example, in Zelda for Wii, a monster hits you; the Wii controller itself moves backwards. Another example is when swords meet, you will actually feel the pressure of the sword pushing down on your sword. This is accomplished with gyros spinning rapidly in the controller.

About the Hardware

1) The Wii can accept both Wii 12cm optical disks and GCN disks into one slot. This is a first for any videogame system, if memory serves me right.

3) On the back, there are two USB (2.0, my best guess) ports.

2) The Wii has 512 Megabytes of built-in flash memory that will be used for game downloads from the Virtual Console. If you run out of space, you can use an external hard-drive and connect it through USB, or just use SD memory cards.

About the System

1) The system will utilize the same online service the DS is currently using, the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, with one noticeable change; the service will resemble Xbox Live in terms of communication, and overall performance. Friends Codes are almost sure to disappear.

2) A special feature called the Virtual Console will allow the player to download classic games from the NES, SNES, Nintendo 64, Sega Genesis (and possibly all other Sega systems except Dreamcast), and Hudson's Turbo-Grafx 16.

That's all we know as of now, and hopefully you enjoyed this FAQ-ish thing. I will update all of the new info we get at E3 in here for all of you guys to see.
Controller:

1. Intresting...

2. Confused....?

3. So, like, I'm gonna get beat up by my controller or something if I die play LoZ??

Hardware:

1. Ummmm... Playstation 1 Games can go into the PS2, I think.

2. I guess thats good!

^_^

3. Awesome!!!!!! No more memory cards for a while!!!

:D

System:

1. Ummmm.... YAY FOR FREE ONLINE? No friend codes!

:)

2. Yes! YES! YESSS! Download old-school games. But thier still trying to make cash off the GameCube. >_<

Back