PDA

View Full Version : How did you find out about Animal Crossing?

SodaDog
11-07-2011, 05:09 AM
I was looking at my Simpsons comic until i found an advert at the side about gamecube long time ago. I so wanted it but i got Wild World instead :( (it looked so good)

Well, i got a copy of it from a pawn shop and i am playing it!

Yokie
11-07-2011, 07:52 AM
My friend used to play Wild World, so later on I bought AC for the Wii and bam I was hooked for 2 years.

Kaiaa
11-07-2011, 10:00 AM
My friend let me borrow her gamecube version and I went out to buy my own. Loved the series ever since.

StoneZack
11-07-2011, 12:02 PM
my cousin told me about it, then my dad got me it.

.IE.
11-07-2011, 02:20 PM
A relative of mine was playing Wild World, and I decided to see what it was like. I ended up buying my own Wild World, and I loved playing it.

MasterC
11-07-2011, 05:32 PM
My cousin got Animal Crossing for her birthday and I checked it out and I was all like "Oh this looks cool,you can have a town!" And so I got it aswell.

toshiwoshi
11-07-2011, 05:49 PM
I seen a flyer for the gamecube version in one of my mario games and bought it for my 7th birthday

[Nook]
11-07-2011, 08:24 PM
It was a popular franchise by Nintendo.

That's my reason for playing any Nintendo game.

Phil
11-07-2011, 10:49 PM
I bought the game for the Gamecube was hooked to the game for a long while. I've pllayed every AC game. Currently waiting for AC 3Ds.

Jake.
11-08-2011, 12:07 AM
My cousin was playing it so I bought it

Sable
11-08-2011, 03:12 AM
i have ACWW !! i basically live in the ds!! its my life ! best game ever! the best part is joining with your friends (hint hint) :)

Tapa
11-08-2011, 12:50 PM
A friend told me about the Gamecube version, it seemed kinda pointless so I kinda ignored his super excitedness about it. It wasn't until my cousin let me play Wild World for a few minutes that I got hooked on it.

Kaiaa
11-10-2011, 08:51 AM
Funny story, well, not very funny....
The friend I heard about the GC version from came over the other day and I gave her my ACGC (and an assortment of GC games) because she lives on her own and had no form of entertainment for her GC

TheFarmboy
11-11-2011, 09:07 PM
I was at Wal-Mart, and I saw a Strategy Guide for Wild World. I bought it, then sometime later, I got a DS for my Birthday as well as Wild World. I also remember seeing a room decorated like the Gamecube Version at a Childrens Hospital.

Brad
11-13-2011, 11:29 AM
My sister was playing it and I was like, "Hey what'ya, wh-ohoho!" Then I bought it.

Keenan
11-26-2011, 08:44 PM
My sister originally got it after my cousin suggested it, but I quickly kicked her off it. I then got ACCF because I had loved the game cube version so much.

Static
12-02-2011, 09:35 PM
My sister showed this game to me on New Years Eve and it looked so fun so she gave it to me because she got over the game a few weeks after New Years Eve.

ThatACfan
12-03-2011, 01:02 AM
Found out about it when one of my friends was playing it. I liked it then decided to get it for my self.

Ryusaki
12-03-2011, 12:48 PM
My friend had it on DS and I liked it. Then I found out that some of my other friends liked it too so I started playing.

MygL
12-03-2011, 05:32 PM
While browsing through, the new Nintendo Channel back then, I found videos about Wild World and looked amazing, then I searched and found out City Folk was coming soon, so I decided to buy that one instead. Good times.

Orenthal James.
12-03-2011, 08:41 PM
omfg it was so long ago like i was five or s/t and i went into my brother's room and this game was on his gamecube and i started messing with the controls and omfg

annamalcrossing
12-10-2011, 06:53 AM
I had purchased an R4 and was browsing around,Saw ACWW,clicked on it,played,loved it instantly.

cupcakeluv45
12-11-2011, 12:38 PM
My friend and my cousin both had AC:WW. They both let me play their characters and I loved it!
Now I have all 3 versions, and I can't wait until the 3DS!!!

jebug29
12-11-2011, 04:28 PM
I went to the flea market one day and there was this booth with some video games that I would always check out, and I saw Animal Crossing for the Gamecube, and it looked so cool that I had to get it XD.

Let me see... there's a date on it. 12/16/07 $15

naminji98
12-11-2011, 07:23 PM
omfg it was so long ago like i was five or s/t and i went into my brother's room and this game was on his gamecube and i started messing with the controls and omfg

Watching tv.
Going around nintendo.

froggy
12-12-2011, 07:41 AM
My cousin hade ot and I played on it! Loved it!!!!!!

Prof Gallows
12-12-2011, 12:34 PM
The gamecube version had just come out, and I saw it at toys r us and looked at the back of the box. and since I was a hardcore Harvest Moon fan, the similarities got me to buy it.

Corey O.
01-19-2012, 05:12 PM
I started out with the gamecube version after spending the night at a friend's house and playing it on his console. After that first night of playing it, I was addicted. Then the following Christmas I got the game myself. I almost exploded I was so happy! After that, when Wild World came out, I bought it (but I was VERY disappointed that there were no holidays like Christmas), and then when City Folk came out, I also got it for Christmas. It's kinda funny now that I think about it....Every Animal Crossing game I got for Christmas. But, since the 3DS version is rumored to be out over the summer, it looks like I will get it for my birthday instead.

Himari
01-20-2012, 11:47 AM
My dad used to play it all the time and I used to watch him. He practically let me take control of what he did, like making the patterns and naming them (after my best friend xD) and I would help him decorate his house. Then one day, I decided I would play it myself, and ever since then I've loved the series. Population Growing was the first ever game I played, that's why Animal Crossing has always been quite special to me. <3

RisingSun
01-20-2012, 12:08 PM
I found it on a game exchange site that I used to be a part of for the Gamecube. Got the game and got hooked almost immediately. I remember the first time Groundhog day we had the game I had my kids sitting on my bed waiting for something to happen with it because we wanted to find out what would happen...we had the game for about a week at the time :D

Ever since, we've been hooked, getting City Folk then Wild World. My youngest and I are anxiously awaiting the 3DS version (we will each get our own copy :D)

Kip
01-23-2012, 10:33 PM
I love all these stories!

Here's mine
I can't remember it all clearly but one day my older brother told me about Animal Crossing: Wild World and it sounded so exiting that i was hooked just from hearing about it. Then i think about a month later my brother was going to buy metroid prime hunters and so i tried to get him in trouble by telling my mom it was a shooting game XD so that way he'd have to change his mind about getting metroid so that way he'd have to get Animal Crossing Wild World (i used to be so mean XD). I could hardly wait for my parents to return from the store with the game. And when they finally did return, my brother played it at it looked like so much fun! but i wasn't able to play that day cause it was getting late. And when i did finally get my hands on it i was officially hooked.
After playing for years the game finally broke from being hacked... i was super sad. Then Like 5 months later City Folk was announced! I begged my parents for it (along with a Wii) and they said no. And about 1 month after its release my parents called me up to their room, and i thought i was in trouble but it turned out they had a surprise waiting! And it was a Wii along with Wii Sports!! everyone in my family knew about it except for me my older brother and my little siblings(i have many family members XD) Then i think the next day my brother asked for Mario Kart Wii & My mom ordered it! Then the day after, one of my other brothers kinda gave it away that my mom got... Animal Crossing City Folk! i was almost out of breath! ROFL! I played it for awhile then got bored of it after a year, I left the game sitting for another year and then decided to start playing it again (October 2010). I restarted cause my brother said they wont start playing again if the town didn't get rebuilt. When i started the new town not a day went by where i didn't play... infact i played for 7 hours+ everyday ._. until January 1st 2012 when my game broke... ... ... ... ... I'm very sad that i'm not able to play again but im hoping my parents will get me Animal Crossing 3DS! It would be super funny if animal crossing 3DS came out in 5 months. And in exactly 5 months it would be my birthday! Also later on my brother did manage to get Metriod Prime Hunters (which i loved)

Wow what a long post! sorry if its too much!

Julie
03-11-2012, 05:04 AM
My friend begged me to get it so I could play it online with her. But I think I played the game more than she even did... hehe :cool:

ACCFSuperstar
03-11-2012, 11:40 AM
My story

I was at the video game rental store there was nothing else to play so I just decided to give animal crossing (game cube) a try
so I rented it then I played it then the next thing I knew I re rented it 5 times was hooked decided to buy it played from like March to December.

Spong3Holly
03-17-2012, 02:08 PM
I saw an advert on TV for Wild World and I've been obsessed since I got it :) 2006-2012 ^_^

Volvagia
06-11-2012, 03:12 PM
Well it was one of the first games I got for my DS. My brother got it for me and I absolutely loved it

Gandalf
06-13-2012, 12:26 AM
I saw an add for the DS on tv once, with a promo at the end for WW. It didn't have a trailer at the time, so I just thought it was some stupid game about helping animals cross the road (i know wtf). A few months later I saw one of the trailers, knew I had to get it, loved animal crossing ever since

traceguy
06-15-2012, 10:35 PM
a Friend back in 2006 on Metroid Prime Hunters told me to buy Wild World. After that it it took off. I got interested and picked up a copy for GameCube, and just last chirstmas my sisters got a Wii for christmas, so I went to gamestop and bought them City Folk as a christmas gift for their Wii. :D

Did I mention I heard back in 2010 that there was gonna be a AC game for the new Nintendo 3DS? Well, I did, and that is why I am here now.

Cloud
06-29-2012, 04:04 PM
My older brother showed me Animal Crossing GameCube..at that very moment I was amazed and fell in love with it xD

JabuJabule
06-29-2012, 11:47 PM
My story's pretty short!

I got a Gamecube for my 8th birthday, December 2nd. My uncle got my StarFox Adventures as well. For Christmas that year, our uncle got us (me, my brother and sister) each a Gamecube game! He got my sister Luigi's Mansion (<3), my brother a Hot Wheels game (he got mad and threw it away, lol xD) and me, Animal Crossing.

I remember when I first played it, I had no idea what I was doing! Rover asked me where I was going, and I just put "Home" (I must have been smart, I put it with a capital, as well as my name!) and continued. After, I was just HOOKED. I remember playing it every single day...and I feel my eyes tearing up a bit writing this up. I still have that town now, and I'm going to be 18 in December. That town...I will always have it.

And of course, I bought every game after. I remember stomping and crying when my brother got Super Mario 64 DS with his first Nintendo DS, in stead of ACWW. He ended up getting it, and I stole it every day when he wasn't playing it. >: )
Sadly, he doesn't really like Nintendo anymore, and has moved onto CoD and such. Sad thing, he's only going to be 15 in August...oh well.

In December, a few days before Christmas, my uncle passed away from Pancreatic Cancer. And I can't thank him enough...thank him for one of the best things that happened in my life. And that thing...is Animal Crossing. :)

...:(

XenoVII
06-30-2012, 09:40 AM
My story's pretty short!

I got a Gamecube for my 8th birthday, December 2nd. My uncle got my StarFox Adventures as well. For Christmas that year, our uncle got us (me, my brother and sister) each a Gamecube game! He got my sister Luigi's Mansion (<3), my brother a Hot Wheels game (he got mad and threw it away, lol xD) and me, Animal Crossing.

I remember when I first played it, I had no idea what I was doing! Rover asked me where I was going, and I just put "Home" (I must have been smart, I put it with a capital, as well as my name!) and continued. After, I was just HOOKED. I remember playing it every single day...and I feel my eyes tearing up a bit writing this up. I still have that town now, and I'm going to be 18 in December. That town...I will always have it.

And of course, I bought every game after. I remember stomping and crying when my brother got Super Mario 64 DS with his first Nintendo DS, in stead of ACWW. He ended up getting it, and I stole it every day when he wasn't playing it. >: )
Sadly, he doesn't really like Nintendo anymore, and has moved onto CoD and such. Sad thing, he's only going to be 15 in August...oh well.

In December, a few days before Christmas, my uncle passed away from Pancreatic Cancer. And I can't thank him enough...thank him for one of the best things that happened in my life. And that thing...is Animal Crossing. :)

...:(

Wow, beautiful, just beautiful. I am sorry to hear about your uncle and brother, such a shame.

My memory is a bit fuzzy, but here is how it went:

When I moved upstate, I always went to my neighbor's house after school. We always used to play Super Smash Bros Melee. It was Christmas and I must have just turned anywhere from 3 - 6 (so late 2003 - 2005) when I got my first system, the magnificent Gamecube. It came with Mariokart: Double Dash and a Star Wars game. not long after Christmas (maybe one or two days later) I picked up Super Smash Bros Melee. In January, I had some Christmas money to spend, so I spent it on: Legend of Zelda Wind Waker, Star Fox Adventures, a Lego Star Wars game, and Animal Crossing. I loved it, it was my favorite Gamecube game next to Mariokart and Smash Bros (those two will always hold a special place in my heart as they were my very first video games).

When the DS came out, I got a lot of DS games and of course, Animal Crossing: Wild World, which was when I really got into the series. As you can see, the story goes on. if you have read my bio, you can see I have many other system, I actually got them later in life along with many of the great games that were on those newer and older systems, and even though I love those systems, the one that holds an extremely special place in my heart is my Gamecube, it got me past some really tough times (as did the rest of my systems, but I was really young so those events traumatized me more than they would now). One was when my grandmother died, which was right around the time not long after I got my Gamecube.

Maarten707
06-30-2012, 09:49 AM
Well, my story:

I was six and saw the game in a guide for games, saw what you can do in the game, and me and my brother bought it.
First I didn't understand it, and a year was passed by and I still hadn't worked for Tom Nook. Then, in 2008, I was 9 and could speak English since I was 8 years old (I'm Dutch). It was a lot funnier when I understood everything and now I've got the Gamecube, DS and Wii version, but don't play the DS version very much.

BroccliManRob
06-30-2012, 05:37 PM
I remember my cousin playing AC on the Gamecube. After my brother and I saw it we fell in love with it. I remember my brother telling me about the changing time and weather and how it corresponded with the real world while pointing at the back of the game case where I saw KK. I remember the first time I got a statue after paying of my house, and than crying when the bell cheat wouldn't work...I also remember the day my Dad got me the DS Lite with Animal Crossing Wild World, good times.

JabuJabule
06-30-2012, 06:39 PM
Wow, beautiful, just beautiful. I am sorry to hear about your uncle and brother, such a shame.

My memory is a bit fuzzy, but here is how it went:

When I moved upstate, I always went to my neighbor's house after school. We always used to play Super Smash Bros Melee. It was Christmas and I must have just turned anywhere from 3 - 6 (so late 2003 - 2005) when I got my first system, the magnificent Gamecube. It came with Mariokart: Double Dash and a Star Wars game. not long after Christmas (maybe one or two days later) I picked up Super Smash Bros Melee. In January, I had some Christmas money to spend, so I spent it on: Legend of Zelda Wind Waker, Star Fox Adventures, a Lego Star Wars game, and Animal Crossing. I loved it, it was my favorite Gamecube game next to Mariokart and Smash Bros (those two will always hold a special place in my heart as they were my very first video games).

When the DS came out, I got a lot of DS games and of course, Animal Crossing: Wild World, which was when I really got into the series. As you can see, the story goes on. if you have read my bio, you can see I have many other system, I actually got them later in life along with many of the great games that were on those newer and older systems, and even though I love those systems, the one that holds an extremely special place in my heart is my Gamecube, it got me past some really tough times (as did the rest of my systems, but I was really young so those events traumatized me more than they would now). One was when my grandmother died, which was right around the time not long after I got my Gamecube.

Thank you. Your story is quite touching as well. :) :blush:

Odette
07-04-2012, 10:16 PM
My best friend bought WW when it was first released and urged me to buy it too. So I did, and we were both hooked for years. We'd visit each other's towns and compare our houses. I miss those times :(

Michelle
07-04-2012, 10:55 PM
Well, the first glimpse I got of Animal Crossing was the original one for the gamecube when I was 12 when I was at my friend's house. She never said what the game was called, but I know now looking back that it definitely was the original AC. But when I finally bought the original DS, AC:WW was my first game. I eventually picked up the gamecube version as well shortly afterwards. So no one actually told me about it, but I was just drawn to it when I saw the game. It was love at first sight. :P

cutepixie88
07-19-2012, 11:49 PM
I remember watching my friend on the bus in elementary playing it and i thought it looked so cute! I never knew what the game was called though. Then a year later when i got my first DS i saw a game at toysrus with familiar looking characters as the game my friend played, so bought it. And that's when i started getting addicted.

lookyhooky
07-27-2012, 01:54 PM
well, i first got it on my ds memory card but it got lost for so much time i forgot about it. but i started remembering little by little then i saw city folk in kmart then i tottaly remembered then i got wild world

Rover AC
07-27-2012, 01:59 PM
Please don't bump threads that haven't been posted on for weeks, you'll get the mods mad D:

SockHead
07-28-2012, 08:53 PM
Please don't bump threads that haven't been posted on for weeks, you'll get the mods mad D:

It's only 8 days since the last post cool ya jets man

Rover AC
07-29-2012, 10:14 AM
Sorry :3

BellBringerGreen
07-29-2012, 08:08 PM
I found out by having an R4 when I was way younger. That was the first time I played Harvest Moon DS and Wild World. I got City Folk as well.

Rover AC
07-30-2012, 06:42 AM
When I was 6 my next-door neighbour had WW, she let me borrow it for a while and I really got into it! I even finished the museum. I had borrowed it for about a year, checking her profile every now and then to make sure her character had got mail ect. I also payed off the mortgage and decorated the other floors that she hadn't touched. The house was truly amazing.

Anyway, eventually my pesky brother got hold of the game and made his own profile, thus destroying the house and town. He chopped all the trees down and left fruit everywhere. He wrecked the house, filling it with tacky decor.

When my neighbour asked for her game back, I had no idea that my brother had changed the town or house. But I swear, I think I heard her scream from inside my house. But, she's forgave me and all's well.

Sorry for you non-long readers.

donut256
08-05-2012, 08:46 PM
My cousin tried to explain to me what animal crossing for gamecube, but I didn't really understand at all. A few years later, when I got my first DS, I got a used Animal Crossing with it. Since it was used, there was still an old file on it. I tried playing with it but didn't understand it AT ALL. I eventually ended up in my house and accidentally picked up the furniture. That confused me even more, but somehow I ended up restarted the game. After that I understood everything.

KCourtnee
08-06-2012, 03:53 PM
I saw a commercial for it and one of my friends said it was really fun so I went out and bought it.

And here I am... 6 years later still loving this game o.O

Julia AC
08-06-2012, 10:15 PM
My ants and uncle told me about Animal Crossing PG for the GameCube, Then I tried that and I fell-in love that game forever. Then I heard about WW from a few cousins! Fell in love with that also. I had a huge house. (mansion) then I was tired of it then deleted my town and started all over from the first start, Then also got back too a huge house. Then I heard about accf from ants and uncles also I've had this game for a long time now I'm still in love with this game I always will be :)

SodaDog
08-10-2012, 10:46 AM
Oh! my thread is popular! isn't that something!
Overall, thanks for sharing your stories!

BellBringerGreen
08-10-2012, 10:49 AM
My favorite game is ACCF, even though I need to try the first game real bad.

I'm in love
08-22-2012, 08:47 PM
I saw the game on a magazine and it was close to Christmas but,I didn't have a Wii so.I wanted a wii so my grandfather got me a wii and he got animal crossing city folk.Then my friend had animal crossing wild world so I told my grandmother about it and she bought me animal crossing wild world

TrainerRosie
08-22-2012, 11:29 PM
I went shopping with my mother once and I started looking around the store and I found Animal Crossing Game Cube. It seemed nice so I bought it, and then later I got Animal Crossing City Folk when I was trying to buy this other game, and finally I get Wild World.

Electric Owl
08-26-2012, 03:18 PM
Back when Wild World first came out, one of my friends go it and played it at school a lot. It got me and a another friend playing, and addicted. I've been a hardcore fan ever since! It's actually funny introducing friends to the series, because I name their villagers as they run around, and it freaks them out! xD

LordSquid
08-27-2012, 09:13 PM
Read about the Gamecube version in Nintendo Power (RIP Nintendo Power), and thought it looked cool so I got it.

PinkPeacoat
08-27-2012, 09:36 PM
When I bought my DS in 2005, my mom said she would buy me a game, too. And so I chose Animal Crossing: Wild World, because I love animals and the cover looked really cute.

Juicebox
08-30-2012, 04:14 PM
My sister's friend got a gamecube for Christmas, and she brought it over to our house when she slept over the next day. One of the games she got with her machine was Animal Crossing. My sister and I both fell in love with it.
A couple months later, my mom got my dad a gamecube for his birthday. My sister and I begged my Mom to get Animal crossing with it. We each got our own Memory cards, and it was love at first site.

Hazzaly
08-30-2012, 04:27 PM
My cousin had it on gamecube. She lives in america so I only played it once with her, then many years later I saw wild world and thought I could give it a go :)

SockHead
08-30-2012, 04:31 PM
The year was 2005. The DS was a big hit at my middle school. A close friend of mine was talking about his virtual town called Boston and the game he was describing sounded really cool. Found out it was Wild World. Now I had heard of Animal Crossing before because my sister got it for her gamecube a while back. (I never really got into that game though) So I ordered it off amazon or some online store. (I forget) I knew it was coming on a certain day and I was eagerly waiting for it to show up on my door step. I remember it was raining that day and my mom got home early and took the package inside so the game wouldnt get damaged in the rain. Played it all night. One of the most memorable moments in my gaming life.

Prof Gallows
08-30-2012, 08:43 PM

http://i2.listal.com/image/2669447/500full.jpg

Your description was very 1960's noir sounding.

Paint
09-01-2012, 09:13 AM
Advert on TV, it looked sooo cool.

Winona
09-04-2012, 02:51 PM
I actually have a rather funny story to tell...

Back when I was seven or so, I saw an advertise for the new Harvest Moon Game.
I didn't know much about it, only that it had to do with animals and that I found it very cute. So I took all the money I could afford, asked my parents to bring me to the next toy store & came back with a Gamecube-game named "Animal Crossing". I wasn't able to understand English back then, I only saw the boxart with all the animals and the meadow on it... and thought I got the right game.

I played this AC for ages, really. I haven't even noticed that it was not Harvest Moon and had nothing to do with farming at all. When I found out about my huge mistake, it was kinda weird, but I was ok with it. My mistake brought me my favourite game of all times.

By the way: I got my first "real" Harvest Moon a couple of days ago, finally. It is a good game, though it can't catch up with AC, of course. :)

LemonCupcake
09-06-2012, 11:40 AM
I was 8 years old,had just gotten my DS with the Nintendogs!So I opened the Nintendogs case and saw a little booklet which was advertising games....I checked it out and there I saw it,and I was all like:<<O-M-G SIMULATION-CAMP GAME WHERE YOU CAN CUSTOMIZE YOUR HOUSE!!!>>(yes i thought we were in a camp XD)Two years later,after a lot of hardships(i ordered it and got it after 3 months at christmas,lol)i finally got my hands on it!God,I can't explain how awesome it was!So the next day I went around and bragged to everyone XD!That's my story not so interesting,but i decided to post it anyway!:)

Fettuc
09-07-2012, 02:40 PM
When was a kid i saw a review of it on toonami, ever since then i've been hooked!

Special Operative Blaire
09-10-2012, 05:33 AM
The Japanese-only version, Animal Forest for the N64, was briefly mentioned in an Electronic Gaming Monthly magazine. And not too long after, I find out it was going to get updated for the GameCube and released in the US. Then, when Nintendo Power had a big article about it, my brother and I were sold on getting the game. Later that Christmas and well...you can guess what happened. ;)

Klainette
09-15-2012, 06:09 PM
I was at Blockbuster and I wanted to rent some game, I can't remember what. Someone else had rented the only copy so I got Animal Crossing: City Folk instead. I got obsessed with it, so after returning it I bought a copy from Gamestop :D

SockHead
09-15-2012, 06:47 PM
http://i2.listal.com/image/2669447/500full.jpg

Your description was very 1960's noir sounding.

Swag

Chimera
09-15-2012, 07:22 PM
My friend had it and let me play it on our way to the water park. Twas the DS version when I was in 4th grade.

Trakker
09-16-2012, 08:18 PM
Had been eyeing the game at a Blockbuster when I was 5 or 6. Ended up renting the game and soon enough getting it for Christmas...

rivulet
09-17-2012, 04:00 PM
When I was like 7 I saw Wild World in Walmart so I bought it because I thought it would be cool xD
I discovered AC:CF a few years later, the year it came out.

Justin
10-05-2012, 04:11 AM
Saw the Gamecube game in a store shortly after I bought a Gamecube. It was a Player's Choice game at the time and cheap so I thought I would give it a try.

Anna
10-06-2012, 05:19 AM
Picked up the Wild World version in the shop and been hooked ever since then.

Pichu441
10-06-2012, 02:14 PM
Because one of my favorite people on Youtube (PeanutButterGamer) mentioned Animal Crossing on several occasions. So I decided to try the gamecube version. I played it for a few weeks, then I got City Folk.

AnimalCrossingGirl101
10-06-2012, 04:51 PM
My sister didn't play on some of her games anymore so she gave me them and one of them was Animal crossing: Wild world and then i found out one of my best friends also had it. Then i found gamecube population growing somewhere in the house so now i play that as well.

mattmagician
10-06-2012, 10:49 PM
Saw it in a preview in Nintendo Power, back when it was still Animal Forest.

Man I miss Nintendo Power.

Pudge
10-10-2012, 02:53 PM
It was when I got a DS Lite and I got the New Super Mario Bros with it. In the manual there was an advert for ACWW and I thought it looked really fun so I ended up getting it. I of course became so addicted to it and about a year or so later I got ACGC and then when CF came out I got that too. Now I'm awaiting for AC3DS. :p

Dylab
10-10-2012, 04:27 PM
Found it out from a friend

Toeto
10-11-2012, 05:00 AM
In a inventory book of a Toy Shop, before the release from Animal Crossing Gamecube.

xflo555
10-16-2012, 03:13 PM
I remember seeing the commercials and not really being interested. Then one day my friend got Animal Crossing and I went to check it out at his house. IT WAS AWESOME, so I got it a few days after that.
That is thy story young brother. bravo

deadendking
10-16-2012, 03:49 PM
I think I found out about it from a friend who also had a Gamecube at the time. We exchanged memory cards and everything. Then WW came out, and we both got that, so we ended up playing AC quite a bit. Sadly, though, he left Animal Crossing and video gaming all behind. I'm not sure why to this date, but ever since then, we haven't talked much.

Officer Berri
10-19-2012, 10:12 AM
My grandparents have been subscribed to Nintendo Power for as long as I can remember. One month, I received Issue 158. I was flipping through the pages like I always do when I came to page 80 and was greeted by the face of a white dog holding a guitar. "Welcome to Animal Crossing Population: Growing!" was pasted right at the top. My eyes were drawn to the animals lining the top and bottom of each page. This was one of the few times I actually read an entire article in the magazine. I was so excited, I asked my grandmother if she would buy it for me. She called all the stores she could and was told the game would not be out until September. I was disappointed, because the issue I held was the July issue. Because I had a subscription, I had the issue a month in advance so it was only June.

However, that didn't curb my excitement to play the game! All through that summer I stayed up until 3 in the morning every night reading the issue (and the two that followed, which had more coverage of the time) and planning what I would do everyday. I also designed some patterns that I would use on my clothes and on umbrellas. I saved up every dollar I could and the day the game came out.. it wasn't in the store we had pre-ordered it from! The shipment was late! My grandmother hunted for a Blockbuster so I could rent the game for one day. The next day I bought my copy and a copy of the strategy guide. It was the first game I ever spent my own money on, and is still my favorite game in the series and one of my favorite games of all time.

...Though I wish I knew where that guide went. It went MIA about 3 years later!

Lyssa
10-20-2012, 12:27 PM
I remember being in a Toys R' Us... and I saw a guide book for it. I picked it up and flipped through the pages, and saw all the cute animals/graphics and everything looked interesting to me! XD I asked my mom to get the guide book, which she said she would get the next day she went to work.... then I remember my dad taking me to Blockbuster for one of my weekly rentals - and I picked up Animal Crossing! (It didn't even occur to me it was the same game XD Didn't see the title on the guide book XD) I was playing through it - remembered I couldn't figure out day and night with the 24 hour clock for the life of me... but there was something about this game... and I had FUN. XD I remembered the clothing change noise BLOWING MY MIND for some reason when I first tried on some clothing XDDD Ahahaha.... so strange. Ended up buying it... still play it to this day. Good times, good times. :'D AC became one of my favourite video game series EVER. Arguably my ULTIMATE favourite!! That guide I got from my mom btw... I still use it too... it is heavily used XD it's all worn out. Eep! :X Sorry for long post XD

Mint
10-20-2012, 01:59 PM
A classmate brought their brand new DS with Animal Crossing Wild World to school and I played it for a few minutes. At the time I found the game very boring. Once I saw the trailers for Jump Out and how it would be more customizable, I hunted down a used copy of Wild World to play in the meantime.

Agent Kite
10-20-2012, 02:06 PM
I remember reading that same issue as Officer Berri. At first I wasn't interested in the game because I got the impression it was just another life simulator like Harvest Moon and I was terrible at those. I thought the animals were neat though.

Fast forward to a week or two: I saw the release commercials and I saw it was something relaxing and uncomplicated. I was sold.

Dustbunnii
10-24-2012, 08:20 AM
While hanging out with one of my friends, she decided to have me play it (the GC version after it had come out) with the intent of angering Rover and Nook and all the villagers by always giving them the more mean/negative answers xD
Needless to say, I got the game for my gamecube shortly after and I've gotten every one after that. I can't wait for the 3DS version to come out :)
of course, I'm going to have to make an attempt to get a 3DS before it comes out xD

Dizzard
10-28-2012, 12:35 PM
I think I saw an article in the official Nintendo magazine about how there was some sort of petition to get the gamecube game localized outside of Japan and since that moment I was anticipating it.

Anna
10-29-2012, 08:48 AM
My grandparents have been subscribed to Nintendo Power for as long as I can remember. One month, I received Issue 158. I was flipping through the pages like I always do when I came to page 80 and was greeted by the face of a white dog holding a guitar. "Welcome to Animal Crossing Population: Growing!" was pasted right at the top. My eyes were drawn to the animals lining the top and bottom of each page. This was one of the few times I actually read an entire article in the magazine. I was so excited, I asked my grandmother if she would buy it for me. She called all the stores she could and was told the game would not be out until September. I was disappointed, because the issue I held was the July issue. Because I had a subscription, I had the issue a month in advance so it was only June.

However, that didn't curb my excitement to play the game! All through that summer I stayed up until 3 in the morning every night reading the issue (and the two that followed, which had more coverage of the time) and planning what I would do everyday. I also designed some patterns that I would use on my clothes and on umbrellas. I saved up every dollar I could and the day the game came out.. it wasn't in the store we had pre-ordered it from! The shipment was late! My grandmother hunted for a Blockbuster so I could rent the game for one day. The next day I bought my copy and a copy of the strategy guide. It was the first game I ever spent my own money on, and is still my favorite game in the series and one of my favorite games of all time.

...Though I wish I knew where that guide went. It went MIA about 3 years later!

Thats a cute story ;3

Kaia
11-09-2012, 07:39 PM
A friend showed me the Gamecube version...sheesh, probably at least ten years ago? I've been hooked ever since! Not sure how she found out about it, I think she rented it from Blockbuster or something. Thank you, Blockbuster! >0<

DaisyCrossing
11-10-2012, 06:34 AM
I honestly don't remember too clearly. But back when I was a kid, I didn't really have games bought for me all that often so I'd just be taken to the blockbuster (or similar stores) and pick out random games to rent. So I'm pretty sure Animal Crossing for the gamecube was just one of those "Oh that looks interesting. What's this?". I'm fairly certain I never really saw commercials for it;

JimmyJacobAC
11-10-2012, 10:42 PM
I bought myself a DS about 7 years back and having been a huge fan of Zoo Tycoon, I bought a DS that came with Animal Crossing Wild World. Lucky for me, the game wasn't a zoo creator, but the amazing game it truly is.

AmenFashion
11-13-2012, 02:39 PM
I remember the night so clearly! I was probably 9 or 10 when it came out in 2001. My dad used to take me to Blockbuster every Friday to rent a new game.
I had already played most of the Gamecube games that were out at that time, so I was just going to leave with nothing. But for some reason as I was walking out, Animal Crossing caught my eye, and I just grabbed it. I saw the Winter picture and read that seasons change with real time on the back of the case, and just rented it. I didn't even know what it was about.
An hour into it once I figured out the gist of the game, I was hooked! My brothers ended up staying up and watched me play it until like 6am.
It was a big moment in my childhood!

Pelshko
11-14-2012, 01:06 PM
I think I first heard about Animal Crossing in 2006, when Wild World commercials were airing in the UK. I didn't think it'd be my kind of thing, so I kinda forgot about it.

Then a couple years later, I bought an issue of Official Nintendo Magazine with ACCF featured on the cover. They gave the game a positive review and said its great for newcomers, so I went and bought it on launch day. I enjoyed playing it, and decided to buy the gamecube version too, which I loved even more! Been a fan for almost 4 years now, not as long as most of you guys, but I still think it's a wonderful series :-)

JezDayy
11-14-2012, 02:20 PM
I saw an advert of it, and it looked boring.

Then my sister asked me if I wanted to get this game, I was like "okay".
And I got addicted to it and I have the original, DS and Wii versions.

LoveMcQueen
11-14-2012, 05:24 PM
My sister got it for Christmas and I played it. The first time I played it though I got bored and turned it off. I decided to try it again a couple days later and the villagers started saying wierd/rude stuff to me and i thought it was funny and I got hooked for life :)

bionic
11-17-2012, 10:49 AM
My parents bought it for my elder brother on GameCube and then we all started to play it.

Treasu(red)
11-20-2012, 05:52 PM
I was in a BestBuy and saw the GC game guide magazine w/ all the info in it. I looked at all the pretty clothes and thought, what an awesome looking game... a year later I figured out it was Animal Crossing and bought the game. :D Then in 2005 I bought WW. And in 2013 I will buy AC:NL. Woop.

Hey, Listen!
11-20-2012, 06:09 PM
I went to my cousin's house one day and i saw him on the couch playing this colorful GameCube game on the couch. We spent two days straight playing this. I made my own character and paid off my debts. And when I got home I got my dad to take me out to buy AC: Wild World and I've had a love for the game ever since.

Ryudo Dragoon
11-21-2012, 11:46 AM
I was at a Gamestop and the original was in a bin for about $10 and it looked interesting so I bought it. This was probably late in 2002 when I got it. Definitely a way better blind purchase than Amazing Island as that game was absolutely terrible... Sad to say I choose it over Baiten Kaitos and have yet to even play that game.

crystal_skull
11-21-2012, 12:08 PM
I rented it at a Hollywood Video store and loved it! I rented 3 more times and bought the game on my birthday. This was about a year after it came out.

fantasma
11-25-2012, 03:34 PM
My father got me a little purple Gamecube and Luigi's Mansion. Later on, we ended up getting AC because it sounded so cool (things happening in real time, ect). :)

Catarsi Sol
11-28-2012, 05:38 AM
The first time I ever saw the game played was while I was at a cousin's house. I thought the game was really cute and stuff, he told me about all the things you could do in it and demonstrated some things. The eleven year-old thought that had to be one of the most amazing concepts ever for a game, (still holds true to this day). I especially couldn't get over how it went by real time, the only other game that I played that had that feature Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal.

I got it later that year for Christmas (I honestly think now that winter has to be the most boring season to start out in and that playing it on Christmas just doesn't have the right feel!) along with several other games. Though that of stood out the most (well, Starfox Adventures too). I was pretty much hooked! Peewee, Gwen, Aurora, and Winnie (can't remember the other villager for the life of me) were my first villagers to the town and I just fell in love with all of them. I played it as regularly as I could to the summer or so and started to get bored of it because I had no one to play it with.

Few years later, whenever Wild World came out, I got that on New Year's Eve (yet another sucky day, haha). It didn't really grab me as much as the past game. I had another to play it with, but it just didn't seem as fun to me for some odd reason. All I remember is playing it on a rainy New Year's eve to New Year's day and then off and on for a month or so. (I'm really, REALLY hoping I'm not this way with New Leaf, doubt I will be though.)

City Folk's story isn't all that special, I picked it up this past summer while out with a few friends. I've been playing it off and on for awhile ever since, my husbear even joined in as well. Finally had more friends to play it with, too! We've all just been way too busy to play it. What with either college or working. Though, I have to say, my experience with City Folk was a heck of a lot more pleasant than Wild World's. Especially because it made me fall in love with two more villagers: Curt (seriously my spirit animal, hahaha) and Rhonda.

Also, have some cute Curt art that I found:

Aryn Swifteye
12-05-2012, 10:28 PM
My cousin showed me WW one time on her DS. I thought it looked fun. :3 When I got a Wii (like 1 or 2 years later) I remembered it and bought CF.

YanoShigun
12-05-2012, 11:13 PM
My friend had WW on her DS and I decided to get it too.

Carole
12-06-2012, 04:11 PM
I found out about WW from my daughter, who had it and said I would like it. I should have listened, because she knows what type of game I like! But, I didn't. Besides, I didn't have a DS console.

She then got ACCF the day it was released. I happened to be at her house that day, and got to watch her open it and play. Then I flew home and went right out to buy my own copy of ACCF since I already had a Wii. I have been playing it every day for over four years by now.

Lessy
02-13-2013, 12:26 PM
My cousins had the game and I was so interested in it! I then got a gamecube that year for christmas along with animal crossing :)

Joey
02-13-2013, 02:04 PM
I got a second hand nintendo ds off someone and they had acww and then my friend got accf so then I got accf

oath2order
02-13-2013, 07:07 PM
I just saw it at the store, and figured "Why not?"

Julie
02-13-2013, 07:17 PM
I had barely moved to the US a few months before and my friend forced me to get City Folk because she wanted someone to play with her online. I've been hooked ever since

IcarusGamer
02-13-2013, 08:42 PM
I saw it on SSBB, I became intrested when I did research about it. Ever since that day I became so obsessed with it.

Lauren
02-14-2013, 05:09 AM
My cousin played WW so because I had a wii I decided too get City Folk (Lets go too the city) and that's it really

Takoyaki
02-15-2013, 01:54 AM
My younger sister was playing it on her DS and then I got interested! And since then I've loved playing AC. I have the DS, Wii And 3DS game currently.

NanoStar
02-15-2013, 02:45 PM
My mom had gotten AC:PG for herself on the release date,I wasn't interested at the time. weeks later she had gotten bored of the game, I picked it up, started playing and I've been a big fan ever since

Pudge
03-03-2013, 02:16 PM
I found out about Animal Crossing in 2006 when I first got a DS Lite and "New Super Mario Bros". There was an advert for ACWW in the pamphlet, and it looked really fun so I got ACWW and I became completely addicted.

Then through the wonders of internet I found out about ACGC so I got that as well (and it became my favourite one), and then got ACCF when that came out. :p

Now I'll be getting ACNL when it's finally released and it's all thanks to "New Super Mario Bros".

Username
03-03-2013, 02:38 PM
This may seem a little weird, but i have no idea how i came to have a copy of AC:WW
whether i bought it or it was given to me, i can't remember, i only know that ive been playing it for a few years, and had to have AC:CF when it was released.
I was pretty young when i got it, I can scarcly remember playing it for the first time.

Bree
03-03-2013, 06:38 PM
I remember when my mom first bought me a GameCube with Animal Crossing because she had thought I'd like it... She was right :D

Jemjewel
03-04-2013, 02:43 PM
Hubby bought it for me on the GC when it came out because he thought I would like it. He was so very right. We still own it and have our original town.:)

Can't wait for NL!

monokurotsu
03-06-2013, 04:41 PM
I wish I had a Gamecube and played GC when I was younger. I only had a PS1. I don't recall how I heard about Wild World, I think I saw it in the used DS games. I loved how cute it seemed. I played some City Folk at my friend's, but I never bought it for my Wii.

keybug55
03-14-2013, 02:39 PM
My brother had the gamecube version, so I used the memory card that came with it to start up my town

Bambi
03-14-2013, 02:41 PM
My brother had the gamecube version

Same for me. Brother played GC version and even tried to get me to play at the time but I didn't give it a chance. Wasn't until WW came out that I tried it.

Wish
03-14-2013, 04:50 PM
I saw it when I was bought my Wii. I ended up getting Brawl instead of AC, but I ended up coming back a week later to get it.

ACking
03-17-2013, 01:02 PM
The voices told me to buy it.

Stargirl
03-19-2013, 08:20 AM
I got City Folk for Christmas of 2008 and have been addicted ever since. (:

X_The_Lancer_X
03-22-2013, 03:27 PM
When I was 4, way too young to play any video games, my 7 year old cousin and my 8 year old brother rented this game from a local movie/game renting place on new years eve, they thought it was cool you could have your own town, and they wanted something to occupy themselves to stay up till midnight. They played it for such a long time and I remember throwing a fit because they wouldnt let me play because I was so young I wouldnt know how to do anything, they told me it was too difficult to play to convince me i wouldnt like it. Then, a year later after I started to be able to read somewhat and was getting into video games a little bit (first one was Mario Party 2 on the N64 I believe). My 7 year old cousin got WildWorld for her DS because she liked the GC version so much. I kept watching her play that game and eventually got the game for gamecube when I was 5. Still remember the day I played it. I put a space right before my name when i typed it in because I thought the game wouldnt put it in for you.. 8 years later I still have the original town :) my brother named the town Isabella and I plan to name my New Leaf town that as well. I like that name :) I got a separate memory card so I didnt have to delete my original town. REALLY HAPPY I DID THAT!!!

Atlas.
03-27-2013, 09:43 AM
A good friend of mine at the time was pretty much glued to her copy of Wild World. When I asked her what the game was about she said and I quote "it's just this game where you live with like these animal things and you have a town that you name. I named my town Bench". I kind of grew curious (especially with the 'Bench' thing) so I bought it and absolutely loved it. Still do, too.

KarlaKGB
03-27-2013, 12:30 PM
Ashamed to say I had heard it mentioned a lot over the years but never thought it'd appeal to me. Then a copy came with a 2nd hand Wii and I was completely hooked.

Arisu
04-03-2013, 01:52 AM
One of my grade school friends played it, and she suggested I should get it to but I told her it sounded boring so she lend it to me for a week... After I gave it back I went straight to the game shop and bought my own (with my mommy) and afterwards another friend got it and her brother too so we were always playing together. =)

HeySonny
04-03-2013, 07:35 AM
It's been so long ago. I can't even remember. I pretty sure I just saw it on the store shelf and decided to try it out. Loved it ever since :)

Shiny Star
04-03-2013, 09:43 AM
The first Animal Crossing game I played as Wild World a few years back. It was in 2006 or 2007, I think. I found out about it through family and then a close friend of mine had the game too. :)

Lisha
04-05-2013, 09:22 PM
Not sure, I think my mum randomly bought WW for me when I was 12. Instantly hooked.

PumpkinVine47
04-05-2013, 11:51 PM
An ex-boyfriend, who showed me WW because he thought it would like it even though I wasn't into video games. >_<

It's kind of a funny story... I was suddenly dumped by a loooong term boyfriend whom I had spent a lot of money on over the years, including paying for a vacation we had taken less than a WEEK before, but had scheduled MONTHS earlier. (Yeah. Yeah.) Well, I got to the "anger" phase of grief pretty quickly and within a month had moved on and started causally seeing another guy. New bf showed me Animal Crossing. In the meantime, ex-bf agreed to pay me back for half of the vacation plus whatever extra he could manage, given how he had mooched off me for years and kinda (hugely) owed me, so I told him "I want an extra $200 so I can buy a Nintendo DS and Animal Crossing: Wild World!"

Then I broke up with the new guy. But I kept playing Animal Crossing! heh.

Taiga
04-06-2013, 02:16 AM
My sister was playing it and ever since I was probably three years old, I always watched her wi-fi with my brother, collect fossils and talk to villagers. Although...when I wanted to play it...let's say I accidently deleted her town and never played it again until I got older to actually KNOW what things are.

Kabune
04-06-2013, 12:59 PM
I can't remember how i first found out, but i got my brother and mom hooked. My first town is hard to remember too, but after our house got broken into during what i personally think was the worst year ever(Even tho Thats personal), I was without my PS1, my GameCube, my mom lost alot of valuable stuff, and it sucked major balls. I eventually got another GC, and that town was my most prized. The town where Vladimir became my favorite, and my family bonded playing AC:GC. I still have that town on my memory card. At some point when the Wii came out, i convinced my dad, and my bro to all pitch in and buy a Wii. Long story short, when renting movies and games from Hollywood video was still cool, i saw City Folk, and i rented it. I imported my character from WW and i had a blast. This rental got me hooked, and i eventually bought it. It was so hard getting mom to put down AC:GC and get into CF, but she loves it.

mlnintendo97
04-06-2013, 05:52 PM
I found out about Animal Crossing when browsing around on the now-dead Nintendo Channel when they were first promoting City Folk back in 2009. I didn't really think of buying CF until I eventually found out more about the game. Once I bought the game in July 2011, I was hooked. I then started going sites like Nookipedia, Animal Crossing Community, then I found out about you guys through jvgsjeff. I have since became a staff member on Nookipedia. :lemon:

Lew
04-09-2013, 05:46 PM
Saw wild world in the shop and randomly bought it, didn't really read anything about it.
I was annoyed at it for the first two weeks because I didn't know what to do (I was 7)

SecondSider
04-12-2013, 10:01 PM
I found someone's lost copy of Animal Crossing: Wild World, and decided to play it. When I saw how fun the game was, I decided to keep playing it and help the real owner of the game. Later, the real owner was looking for the game, and I returned it to her. But I decided to get every game in the series for one Christmas, and then that's how I got interested in Animal Crossing.

Familitchi
04-14-2013, 03:06 PM
Wow it's a very hard question but I found out about it so young. I think the most likely thing is that I found out about it on the internet. I remember I was on the official site of wild world, and I used to watch all the videos and I wanted the game so badly, but I didn't have a DS. Then when I got one, I didn't get the game immediately, but one day at the supermarket I saw it and recognised it, I bought it and played to it all night long.

JezDayy
04-14-2013, 08:19 PM
I was in the Game store looking for a new DS game to play. I looked at Animal Crossing, and thought: "This game looks so boring", and put it back. A few weeks later, my sister said she could get a discount for me and get a lot of games for my DS. One of my choices was Animal Crossing, and I tried it out.
I had no idea what to do, so I kept playing it. And now I'm hooked.

I do miss the first time playing Animal Crossing...
"Mum! I've payed of my mortgage!"

Pizza Prince
04-14-2013, 09:55 PM
Oh in sixth grade, during nature's classroom, one of my best pals (though we were just talking t the time) asked me if i had ever played Animal crossing. I told her I hadn't and she started telling me about it. I was really excited to play it and so a couple days later I was at Walmart and saw wild world (I think it had recently come out? i can't remember), so I bought it.
Later I asked her if she wanted to play it with me and she was like, "huh what?? how?" and it turns out that she had the original gamecube version omg. We would trade games with each other every now and then and eventually i got population growing and she got wild world and much joy was had.

The end. u v u

Marceline
04-19-2013, 05:52 AM
I'm not certain, but I must have seen it on the club Nintendo page. I thought it looked neat, and so I brought it. Best choice I've ever made.