• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Stupid school rules

Jake

BACK OF!
Retired Staff
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
5027-8795-7985
Timmy Christmas Doll
Togepi Easter Egg
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
Rainbow Feather
Gold Trophy (First Place)
New Year's Party Popper
Pokéball
Bell Bag Badge
Easter Bunny
Snow Globe
Every school has stupid rules care to share?

stupid rules at my school;
- If you're late to school/class you're on detention for however many minutes you're late.
- Our shoes have to be fully black, I put literally like one little piece of white-out on mine and then some skank was like to me "WHY DO YOU HAVE WHITE ON YOUR SHOES!!?!!"
- My year adviser does daily checks, 2 pens, scissors, glue, ruler, hi-lighter, pencil, sharpener, eraser, diary, calculator. maybe some other stuff. I can't remember. Anyway, even if you're missing one thing, detention.

There's some more i'll edit this when I remember

On my old school, if you were late you would get detention the double of the time you came late..

On my new school, we don't get so much detention, but we get "marks". If you get 5 of them you have to come to school 30 minutes earlier than everyone else and you must clean the toilets and other stuff..

On my old school, if you were late you would get detention the double of the time you came late..

On my new school, we don't get so much detention, but we get "marks". If you get 5 of them you have to come to school 30 minutes earlier than everyone else and you must clean the toilets and other stuff..

eww.

Well in my old school we weren't allowed to wear caps/hoods/hats/younameit. Not even in the halls. Don't know what they have against caps...

Well in my old school we weren't allowed to wear caps/hoods/hats/younameit. Not even in the halls. Don't know what they have against caps...

my school has that. It's kinda normal though

Wow...my school is strict, and it's not even as bad as those rules.....>_>

Yikes. o_O

I did what I wanted in High School. I knew the rules, but I disregarded almost all of them.

There was this one rule where if you miss one class, it counts as an absence for the whole day..

I don't know if these count as weird but at my school,you don't get detention for being tardy,the teacher locks the door once the bell rings for the beginning of the period.So any tardy students are locked out and have to go to the office building (which is a bit far from the student buildings) and get a tardy slip,then walk all the way back,knock on the door and show the tardy slip.I think you can only get 5 tardies for the year,or maybe Quarter then it's a conference with your parents or something.

Another thing is that if you get about 10 absences in a month,it's a conference with your parents.

I don't know if these count as weird but at my school,you don't get detention for being tardy,the teacher locks the door once the bell rings for the beginning of the period.So any tardy students are locked out and have to go to the office building (which is a bit far from the student buildings) and get a tardy slip,then walk all the way back,knock on the door and show the tardy slip.I think you can only get 5 tardies for the year,or maybe Quarter then it's a conference with your parents or something.

Another thing is that if you get about 10 absences in a month,it's a conference with your parents.

That's what my middle school did hahaha

Oh I forgot to say, my school writes down the time you go to the toilet and when you get back... :S

Oh I forgot to say, my school writes down the time you go to the toilet and when you get back... :S

same. for a while they made us raise our hands to throw out trash in the cafeteria. didn't last a week

same. for a while they made us raise our hands to throw out trash in the cafeteria. didn't last a week
Do they tell you why? They do this for every school in my town. They do this because if something happens you saw during your
time 'out', they'll grab all the sheets that records everyone's time and ask each person what happened during their time 'out' of the class, if they were near the exact time of yours. If you know what i mean. It's hard to explain.

Not really much.
Just the typical middle school rules.

Only nationwide school thing I don't like is the inclusion of "god" in the pledge.
Why do you have to pledge about him if you don't believe in him? Oh well, it's not like I actually say the pledge, I just grab my right chest (on purpose), stare at the ground, and mouth the pledge.

Not really much.
Just the typical middle school rules.

Only nationwide school thing I don't like is the inclusion of "god" in the pledge.
Why do you have to pledge about him if you don't believe in him? Oh well, it's not like I actually say the pledge, I just grab my right chest (on purpose), stare at the ground, and mouth the pledge.

I remember learning in first grade that it's illegal to make someone say the pledge. Did I learn incorrectly? Because it seems unjust to make a class say it every day, isn't that against their right not to say it? Or am I totally off?

I don't think it's dumb. :/ Wearing hats indoors is a sign of disrespect or was one, which is why they don't like people wearing them. Oh and you know, so that short kid behind the average height kid can see the board.

I remember learning in first grade that it's illegal to make someone say the pledge. Did I learn incorrectly? Because it seems unjust to make a class say it every day, isn't that against their right not to say it? Or am I totally off?
You don't have to say it, but you should stand for. Whether you guys believe in a higher power or not, at least stand for those that died making you "free".

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say mine is the strictest – because it's a private school. We have uniforms and they're not just a standard collared shirt. No, they have to have be Mills, Navy Blue/Yellow/White/Light Blue. Your pants have to be Mills khaki ONLY and the girls must have skirts that are lower than their knees from Mills. Brown belts. Shoes are anything except slippers and bright colors. Any of these missing, you get a red slip that you have to carry around and show to every teacher throughout the day. In study hall, you must be absolutely quiet. No talking or you get written up. If you want to go off campus, you must sign out and you cannot return to school for the whole hour, or you get written up. There are tons more, but I don't have the time to consult our giant student handbook. :/

/giant whine-fest

You can only hug the opposite gender for 3 seconds and you can't kiss anyone.
We had a Halloween dance on Friday and half of the gr 8's almost got kicked out for "inappropriate dancing" they shouldn't have played certain songs then -.-

Just realised how lucky I am with our rules. I thought our's are tough!

Back