PDA

View Full Version : Stupid school rules

Jake.
10-29-2011, 02:13 AM
Every school has stupid rules care to share?

stupid rules at my school;
- If you're late to school/class you're on detention for however many minutes you're late.
- Our shoes have to be fully black, I put literally like one little piece of white-out on mine and then some skank was like to me "WHY DO YOU HAVE WHITE ON YOUR SHOES!!?!!"
- My year adviser does daily checks, 2 pens, scissors, glue, ruler, hi-lighter, pencil, sharpener, eraser, diary, calculator. maybe some other stuff. I can't remember. Anyway, even if you're missing one thing, detention.

There's some more i'll edit this when I remember

Fillfall
10-29-2011, 03:02 AM
On my old school, if you were late you would get detention the double of the time you came late..

On my new school, we don't get so much detention, but we get "marks". If you get 5 of them you have to come to school 30 minutes earlier than everyone else and you must clean the toilets and other stuff..

Jake.
10-29-2011, 04:50 AM
On my old school, if you were late you would get detention the double of the time you came late..

On my new school, we don't get so much detention, but we get "marks". If you get 5 of them you have to come to school 30 minutes earlier than everyone else and you must clean the toilets and other stuff..

eww.

Yokie
10-29-2011, 04:58 AM
Well in my old school we weren't allowed to wear caps/hoods/hats/younameit. Not even in the halls. Don't know what they have against caps...

Jake.
10-29-2011, 04:59 AM
Well in my old school we weren't allowed to wear caps/hoods/hats/younameit. Not even in the halls. Don't know what they have against caps...

my school has that. It's kinda normal though

Yokie
10-29-2011, 05:03 AM
my school has that. It's kinda normal thoughOh. Well in my new school you aren't allowed to have caps only when class starts. In my old school they were very strict about it.

.IE.
10-29-2011, 09:46 AM
Wow...my school is strict, and it's not even as bad as those rules.....>_>

Yikes. O_o

SockHead
10-29-2011, 10:24 AM
I did what I wanted in High School. I knew the rules, but I disregarded almost all of them.

There was this one rule where if you miss one class, it counts as an absence for the whole day..

MasterC
10-29-2011, 10:34 AM
I don't know if these count as weird but at my school,you don't get detention for being tardy,the teacher locks the door once the bell rings for the beginning of the period.So any tardy students are locked out and have to go to the office building (which is a bit far from the student buildings) and get a tardy slip,then walk all the way back,knock on the door and show the tardy slip.I think you can only get 5 tardies for the year,or maybe Quarter then it's a conference with your parents or something.

Another thing is that if you get about 10 absences in a month,it's a conference with your parents.

SockHead
10-29-2011, 10:39 AM
I don't know if these count as weird but at my school,you don't get detention for being tardy,the teacher locks the door once the bell rings for the beginning of the period.So any tardy students are locked out and have to go to the office building (which is a bit far from the student buildings) and get a tardy slip,then walk all the way back,knock on the door and show the tardy slip.I think you can only get 5 tardies for the year,or maybe Quarter then it's a conference with your parents or something.

Another thing is that if you get about 10 absences in a month,it's a conference with your parents.

That's what my middle school did hahaha

Jake.
10-29-2011, 05:56 PM
Oh I forgot to say, my school writes down the time you go to the toilet and when you get back... :S

FallChild
10-29-2011, 08:15 PM
Oh I forgot to say, my school writes down the time you go to the toilet and when you get back... :S

same. for a while they made us raise our hands to throw out trash in the cafeteria. didn't last a week

Elliot
10-29-2011, 08:49 PM
same. for a while they made us raise our hands to throw out trash in the cafeteria. didn't last a week
Do they tell you why? They do this for every school in my town. They do this because if something happens you saw during your
time 'out', they'll grab all the sheets that records everyone's time and ask each person what happened during their time 'out' of the class, if they were near the exact time of yours. If you know what i mean. It's hard to explain.

[Nook]
10-29-2011, 08:52 PM
Not really much.
Just the typical middle school rules.

Only nationwide school thing I don't like is the inclusion of "god" in the pledge.
Why do you have to pledge about him if you don't believe in him? Oh well, it's not like I actually say the pledge, I just grab my right chest (on purpose), stare at the ground, and mouth the pledge.

Callie
10-30-2011, 03:25 AM
;1217338']Not really much.
Just the typical middle school rules.

Only nationwide school thing I don't like is the inclusion of "god" in the pledge.
Why do you have to pledge about him if you don't believe in him? Oh well, it's not like I actually say the pledge, I just grab my right chest (on purpose), stare at the ground, and mouth the pledge.

I remember learning in first grade that it's illegal to make someone say the pledge. Did I learn incorrectly? Because it seems unjust to make a class say it every day, isn't that against their right not to say it? Or am I totally off?

Tom
10-30-2011, 07:58 AM
Well in my old school we weren't allowed to wear caps/hoods/hats/younameit. Not even in the halls. Don't know what they have against caps...I don't think it's dumb. :/ Wearing hats indoors is a sign of disrespect or was one, which is why they don't like people wearing them. Oh and you know, so that short kid behind the average height kid can see the board.

I remember learning in first grade that it's illegal to make someone say the pledge. Did I learn incorrectly? Because it seems unjust to make a class say it every day, isn't that against their right not to say it? Or am I totally off?You don't have to say it, but you should stand for. Whether you guys believe in a higher power or not, at least stand for those that died making you "free".

Bacon Boy
10-30-2011, 08:50 AM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say mine is the strictest – because it's a private school. We have uniforms and they're not just a standard collared shirt. No, they have to have be Mills, Navy Blue/Yellow/White/Light Blue. Your pants have to be Mills khaki ONLY and the girls must have skirts that are lower than their knees from Mills. Brown belts. Shoes are anything except slippers and bright colors. Any of these missing, you get a red slip that you have to carry around and show to every teacher throughout the day. In study hall, you must be absolutely quiet. No talking or you get written up. If you want to go off campus, you must sign out and you cannot return to school for the whole hour, or you get written up. There are tons more, but I don't have the time to consult our giant student handbook. :/

/giant whine-fest

Liv
10-30-2011, 10:37 AM
http://www.portnet.k12.ny.us/cms/lib6/NY01001023/Centricity/Domain/104/ConductCode.pdf

toshiwoshi
10-30-2011, 10:50 AM
You can only hug the opposite gender for 3 seconds and you can't kiss anyone.
We had a Halloween dance on Friday and half of the gr 8's almost got kicked out for "inappropriate dancing" they shouldn't have played certain songs then -.-

Ryusaki
10-30-2011, 10:51 AM
Just realised how lucky I am with our rules. I thought our's are tough!

[Nook]
10-30-2011, 11:45 AM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say mine is the strictest – because it's a private school. We have uniforms and they're not just a standard collared shirt. No, they have to have be Mills, Navy Blue/Yellow/White/Light Blue. Your pants have to be Mills khaki ONLY and the girls must have skirts that are lower than their knees from Mills. Brown belts. Shoes are anything except slippers and bright colors. Any of these missing, you get a red slip that you have to carry around and show to every teacher throughout the day. In study hall, you must be absolutely quiet. No talking or you get written up. If you want to go off campus, you must sign out and you cannot return to school for the whole hour, or you get written up. There are tons more, but I don't have the time to consult our giant student handbook. :/

/giant whine-fest

http://winefestdesmoines.com/

@Callie
It is? I don't think it's illegal.

Callie
10-30-2011, 01:12 PM
;1217391']http://winefestdesmoines.com/

@Callie
It is? I don't think it's illegal.

@Tom, no, what I was saying was that I thought it was illegal to make anyone say it, that would include making an entire class room of people say it. However I learned that in first grade, so maybe my teacher was wrong. My school never makes us say the pledge, and to be honest I don't know it by heart, which I should.

@Bacon Boy Wow, I go to a private school and our rules aren't strict like that at all. We don't have uniforms to start, just a dress code that says any skirts/shorts must reach your finger tips if your arms are at your side, undergarments cannot show, no spaghetti straps, and overall just look presentable. And for guys it's pretty much make sure your pants aren't around your ankles. If you break the dress code, they say they give you something to wear (and it is hidious) but I've only seen a teacher actually go that far once. And you can wear hats in the locker bays, the lounge for 11th and 12th graders, and in the library.

And for leaving you have to sign out and say where you're going, but that's it. When you come back to school just sign in and you're golden.

KCourtnee
10-30-2011, 11:19 PM
I hardly ever followed the rules. I didn't get caught much, either. It was so easy to leave the building at my school. And to steal cafeteria food.

Kuma
10-31-2011, 01:19 AM
My school is not really strict.

If you bully someone in any way contuniously and get caught, you get supended for 2 weeks.
You must wear a demin jeans/shorts, a polo navy blue or white shirt and and a hat.
NO caps,singelets,thongs,short shorts.
You MUST behave beyond school.
If you are late or absent you will recieve a note wanting you to sign.

Jake.
10-31-2011, 02:42 AM
My school is not really strict.

If you bully someone in any way contuniously and get caught, you get supended for 2 weeks.
You must wear a demin jeans/shorts, a polo navy blue or white shirt and and a hat.
NO caps,singelets,thongs,short shorts.
You MUST behave beyond school.
If you are late or absent you will recieve a note wanting you to sign.

That's strict compared to my school...

Elliot
10-31-2011, 04:01 AM
NJ put the no tolerance down so i guess that's pretty strict.

KCourtnee
10-31-2011, 09:18 AM
My high school was pretty lenient. They had a dress code but never enforced it. The only thing they enforced was spaghetti strap tank tops (on girls, i hope) and sagging (on guys)

They actually gave out tickets for sagging. -____-

EDIT: Well my middle school gave out tickets. Not too sure about my high school, but they're both in the same school district so I wouldn't be surprised.

FallChild
11-02-2011, 03:11 PM
Apparently, the high school is much less strict. And then there's the 'hippie dippie' school down the street.

Ryusaki
11-02-2011, 03:56 PM
I hate the way in my school if your phone goes off in class you will get you mobile taken off you for a month.

Jake.
11-02-2011, 11:26 PM
I hate the way in my school if your phone goes off in class you will get you mobile taken off you for a month.

Haha our teachers don't even care

Psychonaut
11-03-2011, 05:24 AM
i feel that most rules are counter-productive to the purpose of schooling, but are still effective at drilling in key points of most students future lives into their heads. uniforms, being prepared for work, following rules in general, being a model citizen.

i think if you want to learn, you probably shouldn't be at school, nowadays. k-12, at least. so where do you learn outside of college/prep/private schools, right?

also, i lucked out and basically got immunity to 90% of school rules.

i wore "spirit shirts" daily, so i essentially wore t-shirts and jeans.
i listened to music all day in class/walking around.
i slept in class.
i still passed everything, got detention like twice maybe for stupid stuff. i don't even remember what the ISC thing was for, was probably something stupid i did that i never did again/shouldn't have done to begin with. meh.

Ryusaki
11-03-2011, 10:10 AM
Haha our teachers don't even care
The nice teachers don't care.

Zr388
11-04-2011, 11:28 AM
My middle school was a christian school. Black high heels, nylon stockings, navy blue short skirts, Polo shirt, white under shirt, navy blazer over it, girls had to wear their hair up in buns. In florida, that's hell. I hated it.

Before that we got detentions for chewing gum. I only got caught once, but the detention was to copy the declaration of independence twice.

Other than that I really never had that many silly school rules.

PoxyLemon
11-04-2011, 01:46 PM
My High School had some stupid rules but there were way more students then teachers so we kinda owned the place

StoneZack
11-04-2011, 02:13 PM
at my "old" school, we had to tuck it our polo's or we get detention...

[Nook]
11-04-2011, 09:05 PM

That happens to me every single day, either in first period or last.

Gnome
11-04-2011, 10:12 PM
people complain about phones, I don't understand, they have a silent option and even an, wait for it, off button.

Zr388
11-05-2011, 11:32 AM
Just don't take your phone to class or keep it in a backpack on silent.

Callie
11-06-2011, 09:17 PM
Just don't take your phone to class or keep it in a backpack on silent.

This. But if you do keep it in a back back, don't put it in the outside pocket that can hold a water bottle (if your bag has that). You're just asking for it to be stolen.

I just remembered a stupid school rule: If you are absent for more than 7 days of the entire year they take points off your grade >.<

Niya
11-11-2011, 07:53 PM
No phones outside...even if you're off. But my trig teacher said they're possibly going to change that so...meh.

Terip121
11-28-2011, 07:05 PM
The college where I used to go had a block on facebook and twitter and only on those two sites. They said this is to avoid "cheating" in exams and stuff as students can just pass around notes using their phones. I think they didn't actually think this whole rule through...

Gnome
11-28-2011, 09:56 PM
My High School had some stupid rules but there were way more students then teachers so we kinda owned the place

Would've never guessed.

KCourtnee
11-29-2011, 08:20 AM
At my old high school they had this thing called "tardy hall" & all tardy kids would go sit there for the class period. I liked it. It's an excuse to skip :P

Jake.
11-29-2011, 11:31 PM
That's not a stupid school rule and thats kinda mean of you to say that

KCourtnee
11-29-2011, 11:41 PM
That's not a stupid school rule and thats kinda mean of you to say that

Me? o.O

Jake.
11-30-2011, 12:01 AM
Nahh, the other post that you can see because you put them on your ignore list

KlopiTackle
11-30-2011, 02:19 AM
My old school was a 'Church Of England' School we had to go to church and i'm atheist. ;)

Ricano
12-05-2011, 02:42 AM
NJ put the no tolerance down so i guess that's pretty strict.
The whaa?
Our school wasn't so strict. We had uniforms and id's but you could get away with anything there. The one thing that they would NOT tolerate is if the guys did not have their shirts tucked in their pants. God forbid your shirt wasn't tucked, you'd face hell for it, haha. I usually got away with the half tuck. Or the Nathan Drake.

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/4024/575380-editorial12_large.jpg

Josh
12-05-2011, 01:08 PM
Anything that happens out of school for example, Egging someones house on halloween when your not wearing your school uniform ends up with you getting in trouble at school (Isolation).