• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Pokémon In a Pokemon game...

[Nook]

Banned/Suspended
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
User Title Color Change
User Title Color Change
Have you ever made the mistake of over-training your starter, but not training the other Pokemon?

I have, in Yellow.
But now I know better.

how else can you play the game?

i think if you aren't over-training one pokemon.. you're playing it wrong. by which i mean, wasting too much time.
they even say in-game, that training in 3's is easier/better than a full team..
i dunno. you can only really use one at a time, and a full team of under-leveled pokes is worse than a team of two/three decently/over leveled stars..

eh.

edit: but yeah, i do it all the time/usually.
this time i picked musharna and conkeldurr. cuz <3 munna, and conkeldurr is stupid powerful.

I train about 4 and the other 2 are for hms. Once I catch the legendarys I swap them with the 2.

I did in D/P, had a Staraptor or w/e level 60 something and my starter was somewhere between 63-66 everyone else was under 20 when I went to the elite 4... In white though, all my pokemon are 15-17 going into the second gym.

I've actually never done it before. o_O I'm just really OCD about switching for type effectiveness, I guess. Usually I get a team of 6 that's only slightly underleveled.

I always have two main pokemon I keep with me at all times that I try my best to keep leveled up around the same levels, then I normally have some others I find useful or like, and then an HM slave or two.
Though after I beat the game I take my two main ones up to 100, and I try my best to start over but I normally don't ever get more than two up to 100 in the newer games.

I never keep my team's levels more than 1 apart, once I level one up, I level up the next, and the cycle repeats. I find this way to be a lot more efficient instead of ending up with one overleveled pokemon and the rest of your team is garbage.

When I was a kid I'd end up with a level 60 Starter and level 20 everything else.

Now I usually only have Pok?mon about 2/3 levels apart if I can help it. Though I sometimes have more counting if I just got them or I am training one up or I traded a Pok?mon over.

I try to evenly train them all together, but sometimes you're just in an area where one of your pokemon are much more effective, thus it's them that really get the xp.

I train six pok?mon and dump two in the daycare.
someone.. actually uses the day-care.. to level-up?..
248.gif

might just be me.. but i had two experience shares.. i didn't do anything special, i don't think.. i dunno.

i dunno. i would never use the day care for levelling up, anymore.. but that's just me, i guess.

might just be me.. but i had two experience shares.. i didn't do anything special, i don't think.. i dunno.

i dunno. i would never use the day care for levelling up, anymore.. but that's just me, i guess.

You get another one if the pokemon first in your party is really happy.
Forgot from who though.

Usually I've got a full team of level 50-ish Pokemon, for the Elite Four and such. It's easy to train them with dat

LUCKY

EGG

Well, I used to be like that, but after ruby I tried to even out the playing time for them all. I usually only have like a max of 4 pokemon though, considering I'll have 2 HM slaves on hand at all times.

Back