• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Once again, i need game recommendations!

Thunder

The deftest potato peeler
Staff
Project Staff
Artist
Peach 🍑
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Red Envelope
Rebel Gnome
Aurora Sky
Crescent Moon Glow Wand
Star Glow Wand
Heart Glow Wand
Flower Glow Wand
Blue Mote of Flame
Orange Mote of Flame
Thunder Flame
So, some of you know, my birthday was a couple days ago, and i didn't get any presents because i hadn't made a list of what i wanted so now, i'd like some game recommendations.

I have an Xbox, PS3, PSP, Wii, and DS.

Some games i'm considering are

Metal Gear Solid 4
Dragon Quest V
Super Mario Galaxy 2

Even if i'm considering them, some of them, i just don't feel too excited about..

So, just recommend any game, i'm a little more enthusiastic about first person and third person shooters, action/adventure games, games with good customization (LittleBigPlanet for instance) and games that'll last me long, with good replay value.

EDIT:
A bit of change to the topic, but this is more directed at any PSP/PS3 owners.

Right now, i have a $40 PSN card, anyone know any good downloads?

Last edited:
What sort of game are you wanting to sink your teeth into?

What sort of game are you wanting to sink your teeth into?

Well, like i said i'm a little more enthusiastic about first person and third person shooters, action/adventure games, games with good customization (LittleBigPlanet for instance) and games that'll last me long, with good replay value.

Hm, I have a few ideas for recommendations for you... First, let's start with the ones you're thinking about.
Dragon Quest 5... I've played 9 and 6 and have enjoyed both of them, so I'd assume 5 is as fun as them.
Metal Gear Solid 4... Heard good things about it, but never played it.
Super Mario Galaxy 2... Good game, but in my opinion the reviewers idolized it a tad too much.
As for my suggestions, well, let's give a few per platform.
Wii: Donkey Kong Country Returns is a ton of fun (http://www.belltreeforums.com/entry.php?187-A-Corny-Review-1.-Donkey-Kong-Country-Returns! here's my review on it, by the way) and perhaps Goldeneye 007 if you're looking for a FPS.
Xbox: 360 or regular? If 360, I'd say Assassin's Creed 2 (old, but fun!) and Halo Reach
Playstation 3: Soul Calibur 4 and MAG are very good games!
PSP: Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero is a fun game (I'd buy it on the shop, hard to find in stores) and perhaps Half Minute Hero (though I'm barely on my PSP)
DS: Dragon Quest is a good idea. Also, Pokemon Black/White coming out on Sunday (not sure if you're into that kind of thing)
PC: I'd really recommend Minecraft if you're looking for customization!
I dunno if you have any of these games, but yeah. Let me know if you have any questions or whatnot!

I'm going to suggest Fallout 3.
FPS, RPG. Create your own character, level them up how you want. Lots of quests to be done.. yeah!

Hm, I have a few ideas for recommendations for you... First, let's start with the ones you're thinking about.
Dragon Quest 5... I've played 9 and 6 and have enjoyed both of them, so I'd assume 5 is as fun as them.
Metal Gear Solid 4... Heard good things about it, but never played it.
Super Mario Galaxy 2... Good game, but in my opinion the reviewers idolized it a tad too much.
As for my suggestions, well, let's give a few per platform.
Wii: Donkey Kong Country Returns is a ton of fun (http://www.belltreeforums.com/entry.php?187-A-Corny-Review-1.-Donkey-Kong-Country-Returns! here's my review on it, by the way) and perhaps Goldeneye 007 if you're looking for a FPS.
Xbox: 360 or regular? If 360, I'd say Assassin's Creed 2 (old, but fun!) and Halo Reach
Playstation 3: Soul Calibur 4 and MAG are very good games!
PSP: Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero is a fun game (I'd buy it on the shop, hard to find in stores) and perhaps Half Minute Hero (though I'm barely on my PSP)
DS: Dragon Quest is a good idea. Also, Pokemon Black/White coming out on Sunday (not sure if you're into that kind of thing)
PC: I'd really recommend Minecraft if you're looking for customization!
I dunno if you have any of these games, but yeah. Let me know if you have any questions or whatnot!

Yeah, nine was good. How would you rate 6?

@AndyB: Ooh, really? I'll keep it in consideration, although my older brother said he couldn't get into Fallout... 2 was it?

BTW, i gotta aim more towards rated T games, since my parents are kinda strict on ratings :U

Yeah, nine was good. How would you rate 6?

@AndyB: Ooh, really? I'll keep it in consideration, although my older brother said he couldn't get into Fallout... 2 was it?

BTW, i gotta aim more towards rated T games, since my parents are kinda strict on ratings :U

Mine too, I got lucky with Halo and Assassin's Creed! Rest are T though. 6 isn't as good as 9 actually, but they're both fun. I think 6 has a bit less of a story and just doesn't suck you in like 9 does. Not to mention battles are now random... But all things considered, worth checking out if you're a DQ fan.

Mine too, I got lucky with Halo and Assassin's Creed! Rest are T though. 6 isn't as good as 9 actually, but they're both fun. I think 6 has a bit less of a story and just doesn't suck you in like 9 does. Not to mention battles are now random... But all things considered, worth checking out if you're a DQ fan.

Yeah, i think the things like graphics and gameplay is what sucked me into DQ9, DQ6 looks... Not as interesting to me :<

@Andy: D'oh, Fallout 3 was the one my older bro played, silly me.

Got any other recommendations?

I did really enjoy Mass Effect 2. Again, RPG, shooter. Sci-fi too.
But I'm not sure on a rating.

Ghostbusters is a pretty fun game, not that long. But I've been enjoying it.

Shadow Complex, on the XBLA, great arcade title. Very much like the 2D Metroid games.

I'd say pick up Star Wars Battlefront 2 if you can. May not have online.. but it's a blast as I'm sure you know.

Psychonauts is a great platformer if you're into those (sure Raz will agree with me). Provided you don't have a DSi, Minish Cap is a great GBA game, best top down Zelda in my opinion. Okamiden is a good DS game, new too. Can never go wrong with Pokemon as well, and Black and White are coming out soon.

Mass effect is good. Go for MGS4. It's a bargain and if you like MGS you should jump on it. Not really a fps, but Nier is amaaaaazing <3333

Letsee... Castlevania LOS, GTA4, Fable 3, Prototype, Bayonetta, Infamous..

@Andy : Lesse, i have Battlefront 2, my bros have MA2, just haven't gotten around to playing it.

@Squirrel: I do have a DSi D: I could always whip out my ol' phat DS..

@Zr: Only problem is that it's rated M, right? + i read there's a ton of... Stuff that if i were to play it around my parents, they'd probably freak =P

Also, you guys wouldn't happen to have like reviews/pictures/videos/something that might convince me to get it, would ja?

Minecraft rocks, Amnesia a decent buy, albeit scary as ... well ... scarier than many things.

Nidhogg isn't out, but despite it seeming so simply one v one, it rocks... I tried it and it is just so very great in its simplicity.

ummm ummmm it is hard to make recommendations when I really haven't had time to play much at all... red dead redemption?

Back