Old Eggs
New Horizons Token
January Birthstone (Garnet)
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Cake
Welcome once more.

I am going to say that anyone seeing this thread has most definatly seen, heard or even played Kingdom Hearts. It's one of those games which, if you call yourself a gamer, it's near impossible you won't of at least heard of it.

I heard about it back in highschool from a friend and, after he showed me the case, I wasted no time laughing him in the face and telling him how "A game with Disney characters is BOUND to be lame and childish" and I never played it.
But, after this year in college my perception changed after I met someone who loves the series along with Final Fantasy, I grew interested in the game as he told me about it, along with him playing PSP version of Final Fantasy and him pointing out the battles are handled in a similer way.
I then learnt my cousin had a copy and we were going to stay there for a night.
and in that night I felt the pleasure of gaming.

In my personal opinion, FEW games have made me feel as blown away, addicted and so immersed as Kingdom Hearts did. I fell immediatly in love with the characters (Even if they are the mascots of an evil corporation), the storyline, the graphics and the gameplay. I quickly found myself playing many hours to try and get further, trying to find each trinity point and so on.
Kingdom Hearts ticks EVERY box which every other game should be ticking, you can tell Square Enix has been here, with their magic Pre-rendered cutscenes which are pleasing to the eyes and ears, aswell as the heart. The RPG concept is immense, along with the battles being real-time and you are controlling your character. It makes the whole experience more fun, rather than you having to select this, that, and the other then have no control over the character as it performs said move.
During gameplay I didn't find ANY problems, parts can be utterly confusing and left me a little annoyed and heartbroken at being unable to solve it, but upon doing so I felt like a child who'd passed the difficult math test. The only annoyance I found was the very end. You fight about 9 bosses all in a row before being given the most amazing set of cutscenes known to humanity (which bring tears to the eyes and warmth to the heart) then you're given the lengthy un-skippable credits and being greeted with the cover art for Kingdom hearts and a soft ballad with 'The End' written. Problem is this is again, unskippable and doesn't continue and you get no save point after the bosses (meaning the 10 or so levels I had gained for my characters was lost, making me die a little inside).

The good points of this game is the versitility, you gain many powers including full on flight in one world. You also meet MANY memorable and lovable Disney characters, which we all grew up with. Alice in wonderland, Aladin, Herculus, The nightmare before christmas and many more. And with the even better option of most of the worlds giving you an 'extra character' to put into your team its even more fun. Picking between Tarzan, Aladin, The beast, Jack (a nightmare before christmas, he was my favorite one to unlock), Ariel (little mermaid) and Peter Pan. You can never go wrong!

The game also has many funny bits. Well, when you put Goofy and Donald Duck together in a team when WOULDN'T you find hilarity breaking out?
The game is filled with theese deep, lovable characters. I also loved the storyline with Riku.
Where he goes from being your best friend at the beginning who's nothing more than a friendly rival to becoming your arch nemesis who sets out to overpower and beat you at every turn (even going as far as stealing your keyblade and giving you a wooden toy sword to humiliate you).

The game in all is one I will never have a major bad word against. One which is pure magic on a disk. Definatly a good reason for the existance of Disney and one of Square Enix's best moments.

A clear crisp 10/10 from me

Last edited:
But you can do the review in the recommendation.

I prefer making a new thread. Its not me spamming, trying to make back bells or anything like that.
It's more of an OCD thing. I'd get pissy writing a HUGE essay in another popular thread to find it gets looked at once and then forgotten.
Recently I hate doing things (Lazyness and lack of effort), so if I exert effort into something I want it to be seen/heard and to be good. If it isn't I get pissed off and a little saddened.

whatever. But for the record I liked you better as a girl.

you weren't such a rude prick towards me.

whatever. But for the record I liked you better as a girl.

you weren't such a rude prick towards me.

For the record. You've been a prick towards me since I came back. Read my signiture.
If you stop being such a prick and pointing out 'everywhere I go wrong' to try and humiliate me I'll stop, simple. IF you keep doing it I'm gunna continue ripping into you, its simple enough.
Anyway I have a bed to go to so I can sleep and be up in the morning to test some Nintendo things which you won't be playing for well over a month. Night.

Well derp. How do you expect me to react? I became such good friends with you as a girl, then you were like "Lol jk Yuki doesn't exist - you just became friends with someone who doesn't exist"

and I don't care if I wont be playing it for a while. I'm not a nerd.

Last edited:
Old games are sill good games. I have a preference towards KH1. Sure it's not the most beautiful thing to look at and the game has a tendency to become repetitive, but it's still overall a good game in story. I was honestly not impressed with the games that came later in the series, and though yes, the ending was kind of a cliffhanger, would have preferred it to be left where it was. Of course, I have this thing for downer games.

Well derp. How do you expect me to react? I became such good friends with you as a girl, then you were like "Lol jk Yuki doesn't exist - you just became friends with someone who doesn't exist"

and I don't care if I wont be playing it for a while. I'm not a nerd.

:l The urge to totally rip you apart and troll you like hell is so bad.

I know. We've just got to work on that Aeri person now.

I lol'd.
Dude, I find you funny. I wouldn't leave this site because of you, I want to see you humiliate yourself even more before that.

Mr Sexist 'I'm so not funny/fail troll'

Work on your grammar.
Add more structure.
Inconsistencies in your opinions.
And you didn't explain the game in great enough detail which would be invaluable to someone actually considering buying the game; and that's who a review should be orientated toward.

Back