Winter Mittens
Orange Mote of Flame
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Waluigi Easter Egg
Green Fair Pinwheel
Rainbow Feather
Green Feather
Let's Talk About Minecraft

Shush Jas0n I was serious about not liking certain aspects of the game. That I was dead serious about. No If's, And's, or But's.

First off I'm going to start off with a little story. When I was seven years old, a friend of mine on the block wasn't allowed to have friends over to his place, so instead of inviting us all inside for video games, we would all sit around his apartment door where he had a little twelve inch television and his NES, and watch him play Resident evil: Nemesis.

Now in case you don't know what that is (it was probably before many of your times.) You can be chilling out in any portion of the game, when all the sudden you'll notice that you're not alone anymore, aka NEMESIS BUSTS THROUGH THE WALL LIKE A PRO AND SCREWS UP YOUR DAY. Yeah, you can usually run away from him, but George decided it would be fun to shriek in absolute terror, play up the scene and make us all feel uncomfortable. From that time on, I have had a stupidly compelling fear of Zombies.

66808-1-2.jpg

Be quiet, this is a library.

Now, I'm also afraid of the dark which is another fear that's silly for a girl my age to have, but I get unholy levels of paranoid because of schizophrenia. It's not exactly the dark I'm afraid of, it's what comes out when you're in the dark. That terrifies me, and always has. I have to sleep with a light on, and there has to be someone else living with me at all times.

Minecraft has decided to take my two greatest fears, and make sure I can't live them down. I'm stupid levels of blind as well, so when it becomes dark in minecraft I tend to find myself a nice little corner and cry in it. This time however, I didn't find any hordes of zombies or creepers running after me, and the only thing that was actually scaring me was the moans themselves, so I decided to start punching stone and see what came of it.
I was hiding in a lava pit, and now, 20,000 blocks of destruction later, I have something to show for my fears.

Screenshot2011-01-26at63832AM.png

This is the entrance to my home, or as I like to call it 'the safe haven.' So far it's pretty wild, but I don't know where to go next with it. I'll probably end up punching walls till I find some coal. For the record I had just died, so in these screenshots you're not going to see any tools, doesn't mean I don't have them.

Screenshot2011-01-26at64010AM.png

At the end of a few long corridors I made a nice lil balcony so I can stare off in the distance, including a staircase that leads down to flat land. I can chill out up here at night and not need to worry about things pestering me.

Screenshot2011-01-26at63935AM.png

Leading up to the balcony is another set of stairs with a pretty cool waterfall that I made from a dungeon I wiped out. After that I closed the place off and kept the water. I figured since it was a spawn point I wouldn't take the chance of having any zombies or creepers paying me a visit.

Screenshot2011-01-26at63855AM.png

My favorite part of this place is that right past the main entrance is all my stuff. I have a huge box, a furnace, and my crafting table all set up side by side so I can access them quickly. I need to eventually make more of them considering the size of this place.

Screenshot2011-01-26at63900AM.png

What you'll notice though is that there's a little one block window that isn't exactly the safest when it comes to intruders. Now in minecraft most of your enemies are taller or wider than one block.. but what isn't is the animals that chill out during the day. They tend to run through this window aaaaand..

Screenshot2011-01-26at65332AM.png

Free food and supplies whenever I need them, providing they can get past the lava. I plan on making more of these little windows, they make things loads easier. Now, I'm still pretty new to minecraft so I want to go over some things that will probably help out people still starting out.

- Day one should be spent gathering wood like your life depends on it. Once you have a good supply of wood, you should find yourself a good house or build one to start making supplies.

- If you plan on having an underground place you'll want to craft a pickaxe first out of wood, and then when you have some granite move up to stone pickaxes, these will last you a pretty long time but you'll still go through them like a fat kid with a bag of m&m's.

- You will have so much granite that you will want to claw your face. I'm serious.

- Once you have a safe haven and put most of your stuff in a chest, you don't really have to worry so much about dying, just go with the flow.

- Don't ever make a lava river in your safe haven. You'll fall into it more than anything else will. Trust me on this one.

- There is a minecraft thread on TBT. Read it. Inquiries there, awesome screenshots here.

Now let's see some other swank pads in minecraft.

Poor Jamie, must suck to be scared of zombies and the dark when you're a video game addict, considering the obsession with zombies + darkness that video game creators have xD

Awesome little hovel though, though the random dirt frustrates me because it looks ugly.

Poor Jamie, must suck to be scared of zombies and the dark when you're a video game addict, considering the obsession with zombies + darkness that video game creators have xD

Awesome little hovel though, though the random dirt frustrates me because it looks ugly.

I haven't finished clearing it out. After I finish my school stuff for this week i'll probably go back and get rid of the dirt and fill it in with cobblestone because I'm too lazy to make the whole place a single material. It's really huge bro.

I'm not very good at Minecraft, so my "house" is just a box (with no roof) made of rocks and dirt. Pretty sad, really.

I do not have the patience or the will to play minecraft. I did manage to build a nice cottage with three rooms, but I got impatient and it all went downhill form there. I still don't get the point, but nice places anyways. I went into a dark cave a while ago without a torch and started slashing with my sword. I eventually punched through a wall, and I saw the sun. I also saw mobs.

I just started Minecraft yesterday, so in a week or two I'll show you my progress.

Niiice.

I have Minecraft and I play it quite a bit. (Although admittably with a mod which gives me the same controls as a super admin in a server).
I never bothered making 'amazing' houses. The best I did was a castle made of Lightstone with Portal windows (so 1 block of portal for a window), Diamond swimming pool, fireplace in the middle with a cage of Creepers (I love them ok? > n>) and outside I had a Lava moat and stuff. It also had a roof covered in Jack-o-Lanterns and a portal on another level.
But I had to delete the level when I got lost in the nether and couldn't find my way back.

I'll probably make something up when I find out whats causing my Mod to fail on me and I'll post it here.

Inventory edit? Come on dude.
But I suppose it's more about the houses.

I'll play soon and actually build something

Inventory edit? Come on dude.
But I suppose it's more about the houses.

I'll play soon and actually build something

No it does stuff like:
Adjust jump height
walk speed
spawn mobs (including spawning mobs on top of each other 'mounted')
Adjust time
Item Spawner (Or inv edit w.e you wanna call it).
Set home spawn
Infinate HP.

But I can't make it work so I gotta have the guy who made it for me mess with it xD

I just think that's really cheap. Inventory edit is fine... but all that?

-shrugs- It was a thank you gift since I was co-owner of a Minecraft Classic server and since I spent days helping him out he made it for me and himself.
Plus it speeds it all up given it overrides unneeded files still left in from Alpha.

Each to their own I guess.

Back