• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

WARNING TO ALL STEAM USERS!!!

PaJami

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
October Birthstone (Opal)
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
Silver Mailbox
To all those who use Steam, I believe a virus is spreading. Two friends of mine, named Adam_the_Walrus and Mr.Pinipers, have apparently been hacked. Yesterday, Mr.Pinipers sent me a link that I foolishly clicked. Luckily, my antivirus blocked its opening, but when I asked what it was he said "ganes" then logged off. Just be warned that a hacker is loose and sending a virus through Steam chat. Here's a recommendation, whenever a friend sends you a link ask them a question, like what is my first name or when did we meet, or even set up a secret code they'll give when they send you a link. Be careful!

or, read before you click. :J

yeah, i clicked and immediately x'd out (before any pop-ups came up). i was curious, what can i say? :p
i changed my password, though. apparently they're after credit card info.

or, read before you click. :J

yeah, i clicked and immediately x'd out (before any pop-ups came up). i was curious, what can i say? :p
i changed my password, though. apparently they're after credit card info.

The only thing is it's a _______.steampowered.com website, so it seemed like it would be okay. Plus, like me, many people click on impulse haha. But yeah, let's just keep awareness up!

You usually don't have to click anything to get hacked. I had an issue about two years back where every other day I'd get my password changed somehow. I don't even know what happened.

Have your friends got their accounts back or what? What happens (if anything)?

Back