Dear Activision,

Oh boy, a thread that's going to devolve into some fanboy bullcrap.

Anyway, I don't see why they have to pull PSN support. I'm sure they can fix things with a patch. I mean, if Bobby Kotick's statement were to be taken into consideration, they wouldn't want to risk losing consumers due to something that can be fixed with a patch.

Why does Activision have to be greeddy bastards? Just because Microsoft bribed them with money, doesn't mean the others should get a worse experience at the same price.

For a journalist, this guy seems to love comma splices. Plus he used the wrong "your/you're". |: And treats capitalization as optional.

Anyways, I don't think that the Activision fellow is threatening anything, really. Just stating a fact.

Anyways, I don't think that the Activision fellow is threatening anything, really. Just stating a fact.
chalk another one up for overreaction. /jake.

i think they're more or less saying "if you don't like it, we'll refund your game or let you choose one of these options" which sounded more or less like a bot-sent email taken out of context, since the game isn't old.

meh. activision had the Tony Hawk online servers up forever and a day, (might have been more due to gamespy, i dunno) i can't honestly see them pull the BLOps servers down this soon since it's the main reason to buy the game.

Does that mean there gonna shut the servers when MW3 is released or right now

they're*

Modern Warfare 3 is not even a confirmed game at this point, and the "article" makes no mention of any other games whatsoever.

I hope they don't close it since I'm only starting to get good at Black Ops online. If they do close it then I'll probably sell the game and wait for mw3 to come out if it does.

This is kind of one of the reasons I prefer online gaming on a computer. It just doesn't seem like consoles are up to snuff on the whole online thing just yet. Yeah there are a few good ones, but it's still more and more common these days to see hacked accounts.

If they do shut down the black ops server they are basically stealing our money in a way since we payed for this game to play on online for about 12 months till the next game

Its like buying a map pack then activision takes it back and doesnt give a refund

If they do shut down the black ops server they are basically stealing our money in a way since we payed for this game to play on online for about 12 months till the next game

Its like buying a map pack then activision takes it back and doesnt give a refund
actually, it isnt. at all.
it's all extra stuff, and their online service is most likely protected from people like you who would rage and want their money back because it's no longer active. they could shut it down right now, and it would be perfectly legal.

you would still have your copy of the game, could play it in single and local multiplayer, their online service just wouldn't be supported anymore.

if they advertised "free multiplayer forever" then yes, they'd be screwed, but that's insane to expect from any company.

actually, it isnt. at all.
it's all extra stuff, and their online service is most likely protected from people like you who would rage and want their money back because it's no longer active. they could shut it down right now, and it would be perfectly legal.

you would still have your copy of the game, could play it in single and local multiplayer, their online service just wouldn't be supported anymore.

if they advertised "free multiplayer forever" then yes, they'd be screwed, but that's insane to expect from any company.

Well yeah but i bought this game to play zombies online but activision just decided that there servers suck and they give up

Well yeah but i bought this game to play zombies online but activision just decided that there servers suck and they give up
sounds like a you problem, not a they problem.

any way you look at it, their contract that you agreed to when you logged on (the EULA) covers them. unless it doesn't, which would be very strange. meh.

sounds like a you problem, not a they problem.

any way you look at it, their contract that you agreed to when you logged on (the EULA) covers them. unless it doesn't, which would be very strange. meh.

Fine then but they really should keep servers up, theyd get a less hate and gain more money when dlc is released

Back