• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Final Fantasy XIII-2 announced!

Ciaran

Ginger
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Cake
Final Fantasy XIII-2 announced! Among other things.

Square enix just announced a sequel to Final Fantasy XIII.
The only confirmed character is lightning, and it will have the same team working on it.
It's due out in Japan later this year for both xbox and ps3. (I highly doubt that it will make it, though)

Thoughts, opinions, angry outbursts?

Im personally delighted, I really liked FF13.

Edit: Square also released a myriad of new information today, including:

Kingdom hearts 3D's full name is: Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance.
Final Fantasy Agito 13 is now called final fantasy type 0, and will be released this summer in Japan. (on two UMD's)
A trailer for Final Fantasy versus XIII was also shown.

Last edited:
It's coming to the US next year I believe. Japan is lucky to get it first! Or are they?

Anyways, I loved FFXIII so I am excited for the sequel.

It's coming to the US next year I believe. Japan is lucky to get it first! Or are they?

Anyways, I loved FFXIII so I am excited for the sequel.
There seems to be a lack of consistency when reporting the european and American date, whether it's 2011 or 2012.

Let's hope it doesn't suck so bad. I mean, I loved it starting out but it became increasingly dull as time wore on and it was beginning to get confusing.

I'm excited about Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, but I wish they'd stop using the KH1 appearances. Hate them and I'd like to just play as 15/16 Sora instead just watching THE SAME CUTSCENE FIVE TIMES.

I wish they would stop making these futuristic FF games and go back to the standard RPG setting like FFIV or FFIX.

I love the Final Fantasy series, I'm a huge fan...but I don't feel that a sequel is worth while. It kinda defeats the whole purpose of it being the Final Fantasy....

I really need to to get back into 13. Another Kingdom Hearts game that isn't KH3? I'm a huge Kingdom Hearts fan but there over doing it.

Oh yeah, I just saw on the FF forum that they are re-mastering FFX and FFXII for the PS3!

Holy **** I think I just crapped myself... If they remastered FFX that would amazing. That is the one of the few FF games that I have NOT played... and I want to. Do you have a link to said information? lol

You can't be bloody serious about FF12... I mean.. It still looks BRILLIANT as it is. Why would they... You know I'm not even going to ask. For once I'm going to keep my damned mouth shut.

Back