• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The Razer Switchblade

Caleb

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Here is a simple video that shows the basics of the new laptop.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz5v9fh4MI8

It has been a huge hit at CES.

Other interviews and such.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA9qCGZckcA&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AswGe5ZKZcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBMpAand8mE

I'm excited for this because I've been saving up for a good gaming PC anways and this one seems like an obvious choice. Though the price and release date have been anounced yet and the prototype could completely change by the time it is ready to come out in stores.

Here is a simple video that shows the basics of the new laptop.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz5v9fh4MI8

It has been a huge hit at CES.

Other interviews and such.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA9qCGZckcA&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AswGe5ZKZcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBMpAand8mE

I'm excited for this because I've been saving up for a good gaming PC anways and this one seems like an obvious choice. Though the price and release date have been anounced yet and the prototype could completely change by the time it is ready to come out in stores.

Honestly, looks pretty useless. The battery life is probably *censored.2.0*, the screen is way too small to really be able to see anything, most games now require internet access for DRM or other reasons, having to carry around a mouse is annoying, and the price is going to be insane.

Honestly, looks pretty useless. The battery life is probably *censored.2.0*, the screen is way too small to really be able to see anything, most games now require internet access for DRM or other reasons, having to carry around a mouse is annoying, and the price is going to be insane.

To be fair, not having any mouse seems like it'd be a pain. But then, if you aren't going to carry it around everywhere.. not so much of a problem.
Still, neat idea how the keyboard maps your abilities... however, I'm quite happy with what I have now thanks.

To be fair, not having any mouse seems like it'd be a pain. But then, if you aren't going to carry it around everywhere.. not so much of a problem.
Still, neat idea how the keyboard maps your abilities... however, I'm quite happy with what I have now thanks.

it's basically glorified and on-the-fly automated keybinds and macros, with a touch screen.. right?

having a separate LCD screen for each key would look kickass on most games.. but i doubt it could play bigger games well enough to be a gaming PC/laptop.. unless it's just kinda a casual gaming laptop, for lan parties or whatnot on specific titles. in which case, i still don't see why a laptop wouldn't be optimal, since most of the target audience (PC gamers) are used to their own setups..

eh. not going to buy it, or any other laptop for gaming, but looks hella nice, if nothing else.
if the processing/graphics speed is acceptable, then it'd be an option. if you're considering it just for the keyboard, i can't say i condone that, but your call ultimately.

also, the mouse is the touch screen if you guys missed it. if not, my bad.

it's basically glorified and on-the-fly automated keybinds and macros, with a touch screen.. right?

having a separate LCD screen for each key would look kickass on most games.. but i doubt it could play bigger games well enough to be a gaming PC/laptop.. unless it's just kinda a casual gaming laptop, for lan parties or whatnot on specific titles. in which case, i still don't see why a laptop wouldn't be optimal, since most of the target audience (PC gamers) are used to their own setups..

eh. not going to buy it, or any other laptop for gaming, but looks hella nice, if nothing else.
if the processing/graphics speed is acceptable, then it'd be an option. if you're considering it just for the keyboard, i can't say i condone that, but your call ultimately.

Psychonaut said:

It's one big screen under the keys.

Psychonaut said:

Fender said:
Psychonaut said:

ah.
so if you crack the bottom screen you're more or less screwed unless you send it back for repairs? :S

Fender said:
Psychonaut said:

ah.
so if you crack the bottom screen you're more or less screwed unless you send it back for repairs? :S

Psychonaut said:
Fender said:
Psychonaut said:

ah.
Which, honestly, shouldn't be a problem. I really don't see how people break phones/ipods/laptops so easily.

Psychonaut said:
Fender said:
Psychonaut said:

ah.
Which, honestly, shouldn't be a problem. I really don't see how people break phones/ipods/laptops so easily.

Fender said:
Psychonaut said:
Fender said:
Psychonaut said:

ah.
iTouch/iPods - Drop it.
Laptop - no idea...

On topic: I dunno, I think it's pretty cool.

Fender said:
Psychonaut said:
Fender said:
Psychonaut said:

ah.
iTouch/iPods - Drop it.
Laptop - no idea...

Rorato said:
Fender said:
Psychonaut said:
Fender said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
ah.
iTouch/iPods - Drop it.
Laptop - no idea...

I've dropped mine at least 50+ times, and it still works fine.

Rorato said:
Fender said:
Psychonaut said:
Fender said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
ah.
iTouch/iPods - Drop it.
Laptop - no idea...

I've dropped mine at least 50+ times, and it still works fine.

Fender said:
Psychonaut said:
Fender said:
Psychonaut said:

ah.
my keyboard's keys are giving out after a good two years of consistent use, and i can only assume that a screen as a keyboard would be effected by the constant pressing of buttons in some way.

not to mention the ever-present threat of drops and general clumsiness being doubled due to two screens.

meaning, it would have twice the chance if one happened. worded wrong. bleh.

Fender said:
Psychonaut said:
Fender said:
Psychonaut said:

ah.
my keyboard's keys are giving out after a good two years of consistent use, and i can only assume that a screen as a keyboard would be effected by the constant pressing of buttons in some way.

not to mention the ever-present threat of drops and general clumsiness being doubled due to two screens.

meaning, it would have twice the chance if one happened. worded wrong. bleh.

Back