• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Rumour: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Prequel

Nic

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Modern-Warfare-2-Ghost.jpg

A source within the industry who has previously leaked other information when I was writing for Xboxic (leaks include confirming Black Op's March 2010, Naming Kinect before E3 May 2010, First Gears 3 Images April 2010, amongst others) has informed me that an upcoming Call of Duty title from Infinity Ward will not be created on an all new game engine, and will not be released this year under the title of Modern Warfare 3!

It has been alleged that Infinity Ward are creating a game that will focus on the character Ghost who first appeared in Modern Warfare 2, this game will centre around the events leading up to the war in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare as a prequel, and then further reveal how Ghost first became a member of Task Force 141 based on the comic book stories written by David Lapham. In various parts of the game that will focus on the life of Ghost - players will revisit locations from both Call of Duty 4 and Modern Warfare 2, but this time from a different viewpoint.

Although entirely a rumour - the game is meant to be in development on the Modern Warfare 2 engine. Robert Bowling (Infinity Ward's Community Manager) was contacted, but has neither confirmed or denied the rumours.

When an official announcement from both Activision and Infinity Ward is made regarding the Call of Duty title currently in development - we'll be sure to post it.

inb4thisisold

If you don't care about Call of Duty, why would you post in a Call of Duty thread? I'm assuming you're trying to get that post count up.

It's not that i don't care.
I am quite enjoying black ops.

But not for the story.

Nic said:
If you don't care about Call of Duty, why would you post in a Call of Duty thread? I'm assuming you're trying to get that post count up.
Lolwut

A prequel with Ghost as the main character on a new engine? Possible win.

Modern Warfare 2 would have died if Ghost wasn't in the story. /IMO

ACCF18 said:
Nic said:
Lolwut
I'd assume you assumed correctly :)

Nic said:
Yep, and I just realised that in that picture of Ghost on your first post he has Dual mags? What is this? : P

Nic said:
You seem to have inferred that he did not care about Call of Duty, yet he only mentioned the story. You then saw fit to add your own insinuation that he was posting just go increase his post count, which goes along with a whole host of implications about his character.

Why do so many TBT members go out of their way to be a douche?

Caleb said:
The article specifically says it won't be using a new engine.

Nic said:
Well your opinion here is pretty off. The multiplayer is what drove MW2's sales and continued popularity.

*trevor said:
Caleb said:
The article specifically says it won't be using a new engine.
Ahh, sorry. I thought it said it WILL be on a new engine. I skipped over the not. I could care less about the game now. Four games on the same engine?(I include CoD:4 and WaW as the same engine as MW2 and Black Ops because the MW2 engine was only slightly tweaked.) But it will sell like crazy.

Nic said:
Probably. Though Price would have made it cooler if they had another one of his flashbacks.

Infinity Ward campaign? lol, who the hell cares, IW = Multiplayer and besides Activision killed any hope IW had and still is trying to take down the Prez's of IW who went on over to EA or something and are trying to sue them, then evidently COD got bought out by Blizzard(?) so COD is in chaos so I doubt this game is going anywhere.

Horus said:
Infinity Ward campaign? lol, who the hell cares, IW = Multiplayer and besides Activision killed any hope IW had and still is trying to take down the Prez's of IW who went on over to EA or something and are trying to sue them, then evidently COD got bought out by Blizzard(?) so COD is in chaos so I doubt this game is going anywhere.
CoD bought by Blizzard what?

Tom said:
Horus said:
activision and blizzard had a merger deal.

not that it'd actually effect anything.

//RUN.exe said:
Tom said:
Horus said:
activision and blizzard had a merger deal.

not that it'd actually effect anything.
Yeah, to say that "CoD was bought out by Blizzard" is pretty... facile and inaccurate. First of all, they merged, which is quite different than an acquisition. Furthermore, this happened three years ago.

Back