• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Sam and Max

«Jack»

inFAMOUS
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
User Title Color Change
Anyone played it? I'm thinking of buying a game or two, just wanted to see if it was good or not and which ones I should buy.

I've only ever played Sam & Max: the Devil's Playhouse and it was 1 episode, but I liked it. Made you think and it had humour. =]

i haven't played it. sporge will recommend it, as will bryko. ask them the reasons why, if you want more detailed than that.

i'm too cheap to pay that much for a point and click adventure. not that that's something to be proud of.. heh.

Personally, I think that you could get pretty the same enjoyment out of them from watching someone play them (provided they shut up), but I don't really like solving adventure game puzzles. So, in short, if you like point and click adventure games, you'll like Sam and Max.

I looked it up. It doesn't look like the best game ever.

-Jack- said:
Psychonaut said:
-Jack- said:
MrMr said:
I looked it up. It doesn't look like the best game ever.
And that would be... why?
personal opinion
But there's gotta be a reason behind it, like "Max is dumb" or "I don't like point and clicks" or "I've heard it's buggy".
probably it. unless mrmr wants to elaborate..

I've played most of them, it's hilarious and the sarcasm is intense. You have to figure out stuff, but it is unique and I personally recommend it.

I just like the writing. It is point and click, you really have limited decisions, and have to do things in a certain way quite often, but it is still funny.

I would almost say it is more like a funny show than a game, but that is just me. I would still suggest trying it :p

Sporge27 said:
I just like the writing. It is point and click, you really have limited decisions, and have to do things in a certain way quite often, but it is still funny.

I would almost say it is more like a funny show than a game, but that is just me. I would still suggest trying it :p
Which episode(s) would you recommend?
I'm leaning towards the Devil's Playhouse.

I've got the Devil's Playhouse when Playstation Plus members were getting it all free, but due my lack of hard drive space I haven't tried it.

You almost have to start at season one and work up to catch everything, a lot of characters and stories start in the earlier seasons... at the same time though the games start looking better in the last season and actually have a bit more you can do.

Back