• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

More Pokemon English names revealed

**** these names, I'm going with the Japanese names and the Japanese anime.

......and when the games come out here, a little kid who thinks he knows everything about Pokemon and only uses official American sources will come up to me and say "Have you saw the all-new Pokemon? I think I'm the first one to see it!"

You know what? Why don't official American sources say anything about Japanese Pokemon stuff, anyway?

[Nook said:
,Dec 24 2010, 05:33:38 PM]......and when the games come out here, a little kid who thinks he knows everything about Pokemon and only uses official American sources will come up to me and say "Have you saw the all-new Pokemon? I think I'm the first one to see it!"

You know what? Why don't official American sources say anything about Japanese Pokemon stuff, anyway?
I hate that so much when it happens, Especially this guy who watches the pokemon anime, He was like "Did you know Ash catches a Gible?!?!". Yay for the internet.

Oh and about America and Japan, Maybe it's for people to find out for themselves.

Josh. said:
[Nook said:
,Dec 24 2010, 05:33:38 PM]......and when the games come out here, a little kid who thinks he knows everything about Pokemon and only uses official American sources will come up to me and say "Have you saw the all-new Pokemon? I think I'm the first one to see it!"

I hate that so much when it happens, Especially this guy who watches the pokemon anime, He was like "Did you know Ash catches a Gible?!?!". Yay for the internet.

Oh and about America and Japan, Maybe it's for people to find out for themselves.
People like those sicken me.

It makes me feel bad to be a Pokemon fan and live in America.

On one hand it'd make sense for them to release games globally simultaneously. On the other hand, under the current system (which has been the same way for 12 years), Nintendo is able to build up hype in Japan and sell millions of copies... and Americans/Europeans start getting excited. Then in the months between Japan's release and the USA's, they build the hype up even more stateside, and sell millions of copies in the US.

Why fix it if it's not broken?

DarthGohan1 said:
On one hand it'd make sense for them to release games globally simultaneously. On the other hand, under the current system (which has been the same way for 12 years), Nintendo is able to build up hype in Japan and sell millions of copies... and Americans/Europeans start getting excited. Then in the months between Japan's release and the USA's, they build the hype up even more stateside, and sell millions of copies in the US.

It's like this:

Japanese gamers are excited -> American and European older gamers who have sense to look at unofficial sources -> The little kid who likes Pokemon but doesn't know much about it gets info from his older bro/sis gets excited -> Little kids who ONLY rely on official American sources get excited -> The kid who gets no info about the new gen until the game/anime comes out gets excited

Oh my God, what has the world come to?

[Nook said:
,Dec 24 2010, 06:58:12 PM]
DarthGohan1 said:

It's like this:

Japanese gamers are excited -> American and European older gamers who have sense to look at unofficial sources -> The little kid who likes Pokemon but doesn't know much about it gets info from his older bro/sis gets excited -> Little kids who ONLY rely on official American sources get excited -> The kid who gets no info about the new gen until the game/anime comes out gets excited

This is a problem... why?
So what if people don't want to spend hours of their lives researching what Pokemon'll look like before they're released in their country? This isn't hurting you in any way, regardless of whatever smart aleck comment you''ll come up with in response.

The more invested people are the more info they get & the sooner they get it. Makes sense to me...

[Nook said:
,Dec 24 2010, 06:58:12 PM]
DarthGohan1 said:

It's like this:

Your face when some kids don't have access to the Japanese info/releases, or just don't care.

Knowing all about a game before its release doesn't make you better than anyone else, really.

Oh and I actually like the names, herp.

[Nook said:
,Dec 24 2010, 05:20:46 PM]The Grass Monkey is Pansage.
The Water Monkey is Panpour.
The Fire Monkey is Pansear.
Grass - sage - shrub...
Water - pour - you can figure this out on your own
Fire - sear - type of burn

Original... I think they're running out of names and ideas...

Rorato said:
[Nook said:
,Dec 24 2010, 05:20:46 PM]The Grass Monkey is Pansage.
The Water Monkey is Panpour.
The Fire Monkey is Pansear.
Grass - sage - shrub...
Water - pour - you can figure this out on your own
Fire - sear - type of burn

Original... I think they're running out of names and ideas...
They've been doing that all along ;)

Vapor - eon
Flare - eon
Jolt - eon

Molt - tres
Zap - dos
Artic - uno

As much as I don't like the sprites, don't say that the names are any less creative.

If you can look at say, Butterfree or Magmar and say that it's any more creative than any new ones, then you've got nostalgia goggles on.

I would of thought they'd have something like "Hear, speak see' on their names. Because I would have named them after the 3 wise Japanese Monkeys.

Back