• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What First Ps3 Games Should I Get?

airhead

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Me and two of my friends are switching From Xbox 360 to ps3 so I need help. I am already buying Brotherhood. Im thinking about Dead Rising 2. Please $50-$60 or lowest $40. Any Suggestions?

how bout little big planet and uncharted?

killzone, possibly. since you're moving from xboxxy to ps3, why not go for the console-exclusives, instead of ones that are cross-platform releases? :)

but it's really up to you, as all these threads tend to end up agreeing on.

Psychonaut said:

killzone, possibly. since you're moving from xboxxy to ps3, why not go for the console-exclusives, instead of ones that are cross-platform releases? :)

Iwas thinking about little big planet but id rather wait till the second one

Red Dead Redemption.
COD Black Ops.
Gran Turismo 5.
GOW 3 or GOW 1 & 2 HD Collection

LittleBigPlanet (1 or 2)
Last Guardian (when it comes out)
3D Dot Game Heroes
Demon's Souls
Ico + Shadow of the Colossus collection
Dead Space

airhead said:
Psychonaut said:

all the DLC and stuff you do in the first is transferrable to the second, so you know.

GOTY edition comes with like $30 of DLC. but eh. it does make some sense to wait.

Psychonaut said:
airhead said:
Psychonaut said:

all the DLC and stuff you do in the first is transferrable to the second, so you know.

GOTY edition comes with like $30 of DLC. but eh. it does make some sense to wait.
thanks i will put that on my list =)

airhead said:
Psychonaut said:
airhead said:
Psychonaut said:

thanks i will put that on my list =)
look into what DLC it is before you buy. :p

if it's nothing you're interested, there's not a lot of time you'll have before 2 is released.

and 2 will have all the levels 1 had.

but i don't think you can get all the old items from 1 in 2, so that's another thing.

Megamannt125 said:
LittleBigPlanet (1 or 2)
Last Guardian (when it comes out)
3D Dot Game Heroes
Demon's Souls
Ico + Shadow of the Colossus collection
Dead Space
I like those games and they seem fair priced but there is a rumor that they are going to shutdown demon's souls online

FarrenTheRobot said:
Infamous.
Even though I have not beaten it yet, it is still great.
rent it, don't buy it.

you can knock it out in a weekend. i nearly platinum'd it. lol

Infamous is still worth buying, I found it very replayable. Brotherhood is amazing, so yes get that!

VantagE said:
Infamous is still worth buying, I found it very replayable. Brotherhood is amazing, so yes get that!
only reason i could see would be to get all the shards, and one (evil/good) playthrough to see the "other" story.

the shards are more a pain in the butt imo.. but i guess it might be worth it. depends on price, i guess. meh.

LBP, although you might benefit more from waiting for LBP 2 to come out, I hear it's going to be a lot better than LBP. For me, they didn't quite nail LBP 1 so I'm looking forward to the sequel.

I don't have Uncharted, but I hear it's good so I would definitely consider buying that.

If you're into this kind of stuff, get GT5(Gran Turismo 5) I personally hate racing games, but my friend who is obsessed with them says it's the best racing game out there.

Then you could get some non-exclusives, I suggest CoD Black Ops, Just Cause 2, Red Dead Redemption, Assassin's Creed and obviously some of your non-exclusives favourites from when you had the Xbox.

Hope this helps.

Marcus said:
LBP, although you might benefit more from waiting for LBP 2 to come out, I hear it's going to be a lot better than LBP. For me, they didn't quite nail LBP 1 so I'm looking forward to the sequel.

I don't have Uncharted, but I hear it's good so I would definitely consider buying that.

If you're into this kind of stuff, get GT5(Gran Turismo 5) I personally hate racing games, but my friend who is obsessed with them says it's the best racing game out there.

Then you could get some non-exclusives, I suggest CoD Black Ops, Just Cause 2, Red Dead Redemption, Assassin's Creed and obviously some of your non-exclusives favourites from when you had the Xbox.

Hope this helps.
ya thanks i do already own red dead cod 4,5,6,7 =D thanks though I am getting Lbp

Haven't played a ton of ps3 games...

Little Big Planet is a lot of fun, either alone or with friends... I think it's the game you need to get if you buy a ps3.

Also, I played Heavy Rain with a friend - very unique game... and very good.

Back