PDA

View Full Version : What First Ps3 Games Should I Get?

airhead
12-23-2010, 10:18 PM
Me and two of my friends are switching From Xbox 360 to ps3 so I need help. I am already buying Brotherhood. Im thinking about Dead Rising 2. Please $50-$60 or lowest $40. Any Suggestions?

Psychonaut
12-23-2010, 10:26 PM
how bout little big planet and uncharted?

killzone, possibly. since you're moving from xboxxy to ps3, why not go for the console-exclusives, instead of ones that are cross-platform releases? :)

but it's really up to you, as all these threads tend to end up agreeing on.

airhead
12-23-2010, 10:28 PM

killzone, possibly. since you're moving from xboxxy to ps3, why not go for the console-exclusives, instead of ones that are cross-platform releases? :)

but it's really up to you, as all these threads tend to end up agreeing on.Iwas thinking about little big planet but id rather wait till the second one

Brad
12-23-2010, 10:41 PM
Red Dead Redemption.
COD Black Ops.
Gran Turismo 5.
GOW 3 or GOW 1 & 2 HD Collection

Megamannt125
12-23-2010, 10:42 PM
LittleBigPlanet (1 or 2)
Last Guardian (when it comes out)
3D Dot Game Heroes
Demon's Souls
Ico + Shadow of the Colossus collection
Dead Space

airhead
12-23-2010, 10:48 PM
Red Dead Redemption.
COD Black Ops.
Gran Turismo 5.
GOW 3 or GOW 1 & 2 HD CollectionI own black ops I got Bored with Cod

Psychonaut
12-23-2010, 10:50 PM

but it's really up to you, as all these threads tend to end up agreeing on.Iwas thinking about little big planet but id rather wait till the second oneall the DLC and stuff you do in the first is transferrable to the second, so you know.

GOTY edition comes with like $30 of DLC. but eh. it does make some sense to wait.

airhead
12-23-2010, 11:13 PM

but it's really up to you, as all these threads tend to end up agreeing on.Iwas thinking about little big planet but id rather wait till the second oneall the DLC and stuff you do in the first is transferrable to the second, so you know.

GOTY edition comes with like $30 of DLC. but eh. it does make some sense to wait.thanks i will put that on my list =)

moonlight33
12-23-2010, 11:18 PM
Infamous and Heavy Rain are good.

Psychonaut
12-23-2010, 11:22 PM

GOTY edition comes with like $30 of DLC. but eh. it does make some sense to wait.thanks i will put that on my list =)look into what DLC it is before you buy. :p

if it's nothing you're interested, there's not a lot of time you'll have before 2 is released.

and 2 will have all the levels 1 had.

but i don't think you can get all the old items from 1 in 2, so that's another thing.

Megamannt125
12-23-2010, 11:50 PM
Heavy RainHe said games, not movies. (smirk)

airhead
12-24-2010, 12:57 AM
LittleBigPlanet (1 or 2)
Last Guardian (when it comes out)
3D Dot Game Heroes
Demon's Souls
Ico + Shadow of the Colossus collection
Dead SpaceI like those games and they seem fair priced but there is a rumor that they are going to shutdown demon's souls online

Tom
12-24-2010, 02:14 AM
Heavy RainHe said games, not movies. (smirk)Damn there goes Metal Gear Solid 4 then. :P

The Sign Painter
12-24-2010, 02:18 AM
Infamous.
Even though I have not beaten it yet, it is still great.

Psychonaut
12-24-2010, 02:27 AM
Infamous.
Even though I have not beaten it yet, it is still great.rent it, don't buy it.

you can knock it out in a weekend. i nearly platinum'd it. lol

VantagE
12-24-2010, 02:46 AM
Infamous is still worth buying, I found it very replayable. Brotherhood is amazing, so yes get that!

Psychonaut
12-24-2010, 02:47 AM
Infamous is still worth buying, I found it very replayable. Brotherhood is amazing, so yes get that!only reason i could see would be to get all the shards, and one (evil/good) playthrough to see the "other" story.

the shards are more a pain in the butt imo.. but i guess it might be worth it. depends on price, i guess. meh.

Marcus
12-24-2010, 04:45 AM
LBP, although you might benefit more from waiting for LBP 2 to come out, I hear it's going to be a lot better than LBP. For me, they didn't quite nail LBP 1 so I'm looking forward to the sequel.

I don't have Uncharted, but I hear it's good so I would definitely consider buying that.

If you're into this kind of stuff, get GT5(Gran Turismo 5) I personally hate racing games, but my friend who is obsessed with them says it's the best racing game out there.

Then you could get some non-exclusives, I suggest CoD Black Ops, Just Cause 2, Red Dead Redemption, Assassin's Creed and obviously some of your non-exclusives favourites from when you had the Xbox.

Hope this helps.

airhead
12-24-2010, 02:53 PM
LBP, although you might benefit more from waiting for LBP 2 to come out, I hear it's going to be a lot better than LBP. For me, they didn't quite nail LBP 1 so I'm looking forward to the sequel.

I don't have Uncharted, but I hear it's good so I would definitely consider buying that.

If you're into this kind of stuff, get GT5(Gran Turismo 5) I personally hate racing games, but my friend who is obsessed with them says it's the best racing game out there.

Then you could get some non-exclusives, I suggest CoD Black Ops, Just Cause 2, Red Dead Redemption, Assassin's Creed and obviously some of your non-exclusives favourites from when you had the Xbox.

Hope this helps.ya thanks i do already own red dead cod 4,5,6,7 =D thanks though I am getting Lbp

DarthGohan1
12-24-2010, 03:42 PM
Haven't played a ton of ps3 games...

Little Big Planet is a lot of fun, either alone or with friends... I think it's the game you need to get if you buy a ps3.

Also, I played Heavy Rain with a friend - very unique game... and very good.

Robin
12-24-2010, 04:22 PM
I would wait for LittleBigPlanet 2, and get that when it comes out in January. Other games that you might find good would be the Call of Duty series, the Unchartered series, and Metal Gear Solid. Those are great games for action and adventure.

DarthGohan1
12-24-2010, 04:28 PM
I would wait for LittleBigPlanet 2, and get that when it comes out in January. Other games that you might find good would be the Call of Duty series, the Unchartered series, and Metal Gear Solid. Those are great games for action and adventure.Are they adding features to lbp 2?

Psychonaut
12-24-2010, 04:32 PM
I would wait for LittleBigPlanet 2, and get that when it comes out in January. Other games that you might find good would be the Call of Duty series, the Unchartered series, and Metal Gear Solid. Those are great games for action and adventure.Are they adding features to lbp 2?you can create a larger array of game-types, there's new tools, AI bots for puzzles and the like, and all the stuff from 1 is going to be "imported" to 2.

oh, and new stuff to dress up your sack-person. that's always worth it. :3

Robin
12-24-2010, 04:35 PM
I would wait for LittleBigPlanet 2, and get that when it comes out in January. Other games that you might find good would be the Call of Duty series, the Unchartered series, and Metal Gear Solid. Those are great games for action and adventure.Are they adding features to lbp 2?you can create a larger array of game-types, there's new tools, AI bots for puzzles and the like, and all the stuff from 1 is going to be "imported" to 2.

oh, and new stuff to dress up your sack-person. that's always worth it. :3Yup, you pretty much summed it all up.

Marcus
12-25-2010, 08:16 AM

oh, and new stuff to dress up your sack-person. that's always worth it. :3Yup, you pretty much summed it all up.No major changes= not buying.

Robin
12-25-2010, 08:46 AM
No major changes= not buying.You will be missing out. I think it will be a great game.

Marcus
12-25-2010, 10:46 AM
No major changes= not buying.You will be missing out. I think it will be a great game.From what I've heard, it just sounds like a massive DLC, but instead they are making it LBP2. Not worth

Tom
12-25-2010, 12:00 PM
[quote="Marcus"]No major changes= not buying.You will be missing out. I think it will be a great game.From what I've heard, it just sounds like a massive DLC, but instead they are making it LBP2. Not worth