• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Marios Bros. Movie.

Elliot

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Cake
<object type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width="250" height="250" data='http://www.youtube.com/v/Kk9oa_PiXAk&feature=topvideos'>
<param name='AllowScriptAccess' value='never' />
<param name='wmode' value='transparent' />
<param name='movie' value='http://www.youtube.com/v/Kk9oa_PiXAk&feature=topvideos' /><param name='play' value='true' />
<param name='loop' value='true' /><param name='quality' value='high' /></object>
What do you guys think of this? Looks pretty neat.

Either this is not a real movie that's coming out to theaters or this is the Sims.

[Nook said:
,Dec 16 2010, 10:26:16 AM]Either this is not a real movie that's coming out to theaters or this is the Sims.
It's GTA 4.

I enoyed this alot, nicely done. Shame it's not an actual series or something.

AndyB said:
[Nook said:
,Dec 16 2010, 10:26:16 AM]Either this is not a real movie that's coming out to theaters or this is the Sims.
It's GTA 4.

'twas what I was thinking. Texture hacking tis all.

I thought this was gunna be about the live action Super Mario Bros. movie and I was like... *Facepalm*

gamerdude309 said:
I thought this was gunna be about the live action Super Mario Bros. movie and I was like... *Facepalm*
Yes, because that first one was great. >.>

Turning a game with a very high profile like Super Mario into a Film won't get good results, and I fail to see how some film producers fail to see that.

Wardi96 said:
Turning a game with a very high profile like Super Mario into a Film won't get good results, and I fail to see how some film producers fail to see that.
Bull*censored.2.0*. It would have been better if they stuck to the actual idea of Toad being a weird guy with a Shroom on his head, Bowser as an actual dinosaur, Yoshi as a Yoshi, and so on.

Wardi96 said:
Or viewers like yourself can actually tell that it's a parody. It's not real, they aren't making anything out of this.
It's a mock trailer!

AndyB said:
Wardi96 said:
Or viewers like yourself can actually tell that it's a parody. It's not real, they aren't making anything out of this.
It's a mock trailer!
I was talking about the film from 1993. I knew this was a parody. :p

Wardi96 said:
AndyB said:
Wardi96 said:
It's a mock trailer!
Phew!

But.. I liked the 1993 movie. =( 'Though I agree, videogames don't really mix well with movies.

AndyB said:
Wardi96 said:
AndyB said:
Wardi96 said:
It's a mock trailer!
Phew!

But.. I liked the 1993 movie. =( 'Though I agree, videogames don't really mix well with movies.
It's just that they portrayed the characters in the movie terribly. Bowser being half man/half dinosaur (you can't even call that a koopa); Yoshi being a raptor; Goombas being dinosaur people in clothes, ugh. >.>

Pretty sweet trailer, it'd be nice if they made it into a short film though.

And like others, I thought this was gonna be about the 1993 film. Oh god the goombas still haunt me.

AndyB said:
[Nook said:
It's GTA 4.

If you wanna see a similair concept actually executed, I suggest There Will Be Brawl.

I love the thought/everything that happened in the mario bros. movie.. as i recall.

if it was remade using quality techniques today, i think it would look worlds better.

Squirrel with Nunchucks said:
AndyB said:
[Nook said:
It's GTA 4.

If you wanna see a similair concept actually executed, I suggest There Will Be Brawl.
I have been watching that actually. I do enjoy that too.

Back