PDA

View Full Version : Pssch, who needs steam sales?

Psychonaut
12-14-2010, 02:50 PM
http://www.humblebundle.com/
Braid, Cortex Command (which is under development/being updated, still), Machinarium, Osmos, and Revenge of the Titans (which is exclusive to this bundle).

All for charity, all for your own set price. not sure if you can get them for free, but you can definitely set it very very low, so long as you don't mind ripping off charity too much.

discuss.

Brad
12-14-2010, 03:21 PM
Woah! Somebody donated $500!

Marcus
12-14-2010, 03:23 PM
*donates 1p for as many games as possible*

Ron Ronaldo
12-14-2010, 06:06 PM
Gahhhh! =D

I'd feel guilty for being cheap since it goes to charity... I think the most I can afford is 20 dollah uAu

Tom
12-14-2010, 07:23 PM
I'm taking part this year.

Shame I already have Braid on the PS3 though.

AndyB
12-14-2010, 09:04 PM
I have Braid on xbox and pc, Machinarium on pc. I may get this for someone else this year though.

MrMudkip
12-14-2010, 10:10 PM
So, how low can you go?

Tom
12-15-2010, 06:30 AM
So, how low can you go?A penny? Haven't tried.

notch dropped $2000 on this bundle.

AndyB
12-15-2010, 06:34 AM
If the bundle holds out to next week... someone will be getting a nice Christmas present.

Squirrel with Nunchucks
12-15-2010, 11:10 AM
Spending five on this.

MrMudkip
12-15-2010, 11:16 AM
.Yeah im not gonna donate.

Psychonaut
12-15-2010, 01:49 PM
.Yeah im not gonna donate.congratulations.

i'm buying it later in the week, probably $10

lol, notch.

Tom
12-15-2010, 06:32 PM
.Yeah im not gonna donate.Don't *censored.3.0*ing pirate it.

Psychonaut
12-20-2010, 01:41 PM
update: 5 more days till the bundle ends, and you can now add them to your steam account (achievements and the like)
there's a link on the download url, if you've already bought them. if you haven't, it's only more incentive, as it's optional.

Tom
12-20-2010, 05:56 PM
*censored.2.0**censored.2.0**censored.2.0**censore d.2.0* how have I forgotten to do this.

Marcus
12-20-2010, 06:14 PM
.Yeah im not gonna donate.Woah you're so hard you don't give a *censored.2.0* about charity.

AndyB
12-22-2010, 02:14 PM
Bump for bundle 1!
Humble Indie Bundle 2 now includes the first bundle! (for those that give more than $7.41)

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/22/humble-indie-bundle-2-now-includes-humble-indie-bundle-1/

Psychonaut
12-22-2010, 02:29 PM
Bump for bundle 1!
Humble Indie Bundle 2 now includes the first bundle! (for those that give more than $7.41)

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/22/humble-indie-bundle-2-now-includes-humble-indie-bundle-1/:|
>mfw i paid $10 for each in the end, but one of them was $5.

but otherwise, SWEET MERCIFUL CRAP

Tom
12-22-2010, 02:40 PM
THIS IS EVEN MORE WORTH IT.

«Jack»
12-22-2010, 05:31 PM
YESYESYESYES
Downloading them now, hope that all the games get on steam for me (on a mac.)

Psychonaut
12-23-2010, 04:01 PM
YESYESYESYES
Downloading them now, hope that all the games get on steam for me (on a mac.)braid is on mac, machinarium is (I think) world of goo probably is, and i dunno what else.

did you activate the bundles on steam? surefire way of seeing whether or not you can gettem. :p

also, shameless promotion.

http://forums.the-bell-tree.com?topic=7445111/1/

should have done this with the first contest.. bleh.

ONE LUCKY WINNER
OH BOY

«Jack»
12-23-2010, 04:37 PM
YESYESYESYES
Downloading them now, hope that all the games get on steam for me (on a mac.)braid is on mac, machinarium is (I think) world of goo probably is, and i dunno what else.

did you activate the bundles on steam? surefire way of seeing whether or not you can gettem. :p

ONE LUCKY WINNER
OH BOYI have all of 'em installed, there's just 2 games in the HIB1 that are on Steam, but not the mac version (I think it's Aquaria and Gish).

Psychonaut
12-23-2010, 04:42 PM
YESYESYESYES

ONE LUCKY WINNER
OH BOYI have all of 'em installed, there's just 2 games in the HIB1 that are on Steam, but not the mac version (I think it's Aquaria and Gish).what?..

all of the games except samorost 2 should activate when you activate HIB 1.. for 2, cortex command and revenge of the titan's aren't released via steam yet, but you'll get them eventually.

i'm not sure how steam on mac works, but you may just not see them if you can't get them on mac.
but, you may want to hit up the devs/people at the bundle, there's a chat at the bottom right corner of your download page. (as if you didn't already know that :p)

i dunno. it should all get sorted out eventually, though. you aren't missing a lot with Gish imo, haven't played aquaria yet.

«Jack»
12-23-2010, 04:47 PM
YESYESYESYES

ONE LUCKY WINNER
OH BOYI have all of 'em installed, there's just 2 games in the HIB1 that are on Steam, but not the mac version (I think it's Aquaria and Gish).what?..

all of the games except samorost 2 should activate when you activate HIB 1.. for 2, cortex command and revenge of the titan's aren't released via steam yet, but you'll get them eventually.

i'm not sure how steam on mac works, but you may just not see them if you can't get them on mac.
but, you may want to hit up the devs/people at the bundle, there's a chat at the bottom right corner of your download page. (as if you didn't already know that :p)

i dunno. it should all get sorted out eventually, though. you aren't missing a lot with Gish imo, haven't played aquaria yet.*shrug*
I just get a "this game is not available on your platform" when I go to Gish and Aquarius' game page things.

Psychonaut
12-23-2010, 04:52 PM
*shrug*
I just get a "this game is not available on your platform" when I go to Gish and Aquarius' game page things.Psychonaut (http://forums.the-bell-tree.com/profile/4079822/) is on a windows machine

do they show up in your games list/library?

they're probably on your account, but i'm not sure if they just don't show up because you're on a mac.. might wanna check by logging into someone elses account/on a windows machine.

you'll probably get them eventually when they cross over.. like i said, not a huge loss, since you've got the better half of the bundle :p

or wait.. do you mean when you download from the humble bundle site itself? you should be able to run the game, just not through steam (directly/with steamworks and whatnot).. which is kinda balls, but eh.

sorry bout that. but braid! :o

«Jack»
12-23-2010, 04:53 PM
*shrug*
I just get a "this game is not available on your platform" when I go to Gish and Aquarius' game page things.Psychonaut is on a windows machine

they're probably on your account, but i'm not sure if they just don't show up because you're on a mac.. might wanna check by logging into someone elses account/on a windows machine.

you'll probably get them eventually when they cross over.. like i said, not a huge loss, since you've got the better half of the bundle :p

or wait.. do you mean when you download from the humble bundle site itself? you should be able to run the game, just not through steam (directly/with steamworks and whatnot).. which is kinda balls, but eh.

sorry bout that. but braid! :oThey show up on the list.

And I can run the games without steam, just on steam on their game list page thing, instead of the play button, I have a "lol, srry" message.

Psychonaut
12-23-2010, 04:56 PM
*shrug*
I just get a "this game is not available on your platform" when I go to Gish and Aquarius' game page things.Psychonaut is on a windows machine

sorry bout that. but braid! :oThey show up on the list.

And I can run the games without steam, just on steam on their game list page thing, instead of the play button, I have a "lol, srry" message.ah.
well that sucks.

at least the games are already playable on mac.. hopefully steam/valve get around to mac-ifying those quick-like.