• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Dear TBT

Psychonaut

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
alright, so here's my problem with youse guys.

we've had a least three major releases/stuff people've been looking forward to since I've been gone, and no one's made a topic about anyone. why is that?

-DKC returns
-Goldeneye 007
-Gran Turismo 5

explain yourselves before i have to smack a ho.

I can understand no one giving a damn about goldeneye, and gran turismo isn't nintendo, but DKC should've had some of you guys walking 20 miles to the nearest gamestop in 5 feet of snow, uphill both ways.

or did I miss a few dozen topics? if so, just link me and i'll /r/ a closure on this thread.

kthx. discuss.

There was a thread on DKC before, and I don't know about the other 2.

Why don't you start a topic? : D And I don't know about those games that aren't DK.

right, but wasn't somebody really hyped up over 007?

i just found it unsettling that those topics weren't active

and i thought you all should know.

There was a huge thread about GoldenEye a while back. Maybe about 10+ pages.

Bacon Boy said:
i wouldn't say it's 10 pages back.. but probably 10 pages long.

but that was about a week before it's release, IIRC.

i really wanted to feel good about saying "I told you so" when it flopped. :(

my little brother rented it. oh god how do i aim what is this i am not good with IRL

Psychonaut said:
Bacon Boy said:

my little brother rented it. oh god how do i aim what is this i am not good with IRL
I meant long, not back.

But is it any good?

Bacon Boy said:
Psychonaut said:
Bacon Boy said:

I meant long, not back.

But is it any good?
in a word, no.

multiplayer fell short imo, simply because you couldn't aim up or down too far without the sensor going out.

and it being wii zapper compatible? yeah, don't believe that.
I usually play games with my zapper setup, but I can't hold it as it's meant to be held when i do. I have fairly big hands.. and even as such, it's a stretch.

goldeneye uses the control pad, a, 1/2, +/-, all that good stuff. not zapper compaible. i lol'd when i read that.

would've loved it if it was a simple update of graphics, or had some kind of "classic mode" option that just recreated the old one with the sensor bar/IR sensor.

but noooo. they had to change everything up.

/nostalgia

it felt like what I assume CoD feels like.

Psychonaut said:
Bacon Boy said:
Psychonaut said:
Bacon Boy said:

I meant long, not back.

But is it any good?
in a word, no.

multiplayer fell short imo, simply because you couldn't aim up or down too far without the sensor going out.

I usually play games with my zapper setup, but I can't hold it as it's meant to be held when i do. I have fairly big hands.. and even as such, it's a stretch.

goldeneye uses the control pad, a, 1/2, +/-, all that good stuff. not zapper compaible. i lol'd when i read that.

would've loved it if it was a simple update of graphics, or had some kind of "classic mode" option that just recreated the old one with the sensor bar/IR sensor.

/nostalgia

So... in a couple of words, we were right?

Bacon Boy said:
Psychonaut said:
Bacon Boy said:
Psychonaut said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I meant long, not back.

But is it any good?
in a word, no.

/nostalgia

So... in a couple of words, we were right?
eh.

I didn't try online as the servers weren't up (lololol) and I really, really didn't like how it felt.

i tried using it without the zapper, no dice. tried it with the GC controller, and i really hate how the C stick feels compared to other things. *censored.2.0*ty part is, there isn't a classic control style option. that would've been great, as strafing isn't all that necessary if you can't aim one way or another easily.

worth a rental if you think you might like it, but not worth much more.

imo, at least. i think it got a good review from somebody.
somebody is probably wrong.

Back