• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Hate crime? Microsft bans people with swastika's.

Nic

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Microsoft has been banning people with swastika's yesterday on Black Ops. A person who works with Microsoft has a twitter blog and he has been replying about the swastika bans. If you like more information you can look up on Google, ''COD Black Ops Swastika Bans''. You should see numerous links about the ban wave.

Earliest archaeological evidence of swastika-shaped ornaments dates back to the Indus Valley Civilization of Pakistan as well as Classical Antiquity. It remains widely used in Eastern religions, specifically in Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism. The image to this swastika is this:
swastika1.jpg

Lets go to the story about the swastika being used in the Nazi Party. (Image Below)
swastika3.jpg

This information that I am about to present to you is a page quote. All rights go to the person who made this article.
http://history1900s.about.com/cs/swastika/a/swastikahistory.html said:
In 1920, Adolf Hitler decided that the Nazi Party needed its own insignia and flag. For Hitler, the new flag had to be "a symbol of our own struggle" as well as "highly effective as a poster."

On August 7, 1920, at the Salzburg Congress, this flag became the official emblem of the Nazi Party.

In Mein Kampf, Hitler described the Nazis' new flag: "In red we see the social idea of the movement, in white the nationalistic idea, in the swastika the mission of the struggle for the victory of the Aryan man, and, by the same token, the victory of the idea of creative work, which as such always has been and always will be anti-Semitic."

Because of the Nazis' flag, the swastika soon became a symbol of hate, antisemitism, violence, death, and murder.

Why should Microsoft be banning people who use the Nazi Party swastika? It is pretty bull that a player who uses the swastika gets ban for it. Even it is for religion beliefs. It is a freedom speech for who use it. It isn't like it is the end of the world. You can't violate our freedom of speech.

What do you guys think about the swastika ban?

Thanks http://history1900s.about.com and http://www.sanskrit.org

My friend will get banned ._. . I think thats pretty bull. They should get a warning and atleast if they don't change it, they should get banned.

Stephen Toulouse said:
"Let's be clear: no educated human on the planet looks at the swastika symbol ... and says 'oh, that symbol has nothing at all in any way to do with global genocide of an entire race,'" Toulouse stated, "'and, even if it did, one should totally and reasonably ignore that because it's a symbol that was stolen or coop-ted from religions.'" He succinctly adds, "If you think the swastika symbol should be re-evaluated by societies all over the Earth, I think that's great. Your Xbox Live profile or in game logo, which doesn't have the context to explain your goal, is not the right place to do that."
That said... with the many swastikas I've seen around on profiles, I have not once thought "that is outrageous, they should be banned", it's usually been more along the lines of "dickhead".

Of course people are going to call freedom of speech on this, still doesn't justify using it as their emblem and such. Especially in the terms of what people will see it as, being the symbol of the Nazi party.

I think it's their own fault for using the swastika, as said, with how it being known.

That's pretty lame. :r

But I see how it can be offensive. It's not religious without the dots.

strikingmatches said:

Correction: We also have a left handed one too.

Nic said:
strikingmatches said:

Correction: We also have a left handed one too.
..what?

I don't understand what you're saying..

Now if only Sony would step up their game. Tired of Swastikas, dicks, animal sex, and the other crazy *censored.2.0* I see.

Your consistent misuse of apostrophes in this thread is slightly unsettling.

That said, no one gives a *censored.2.0* about whether or not the sign was used in Hinduism, it represents the closest Western civilization has come to true annihilation in history. I have no respect for the average Xbox Live player anyways, and I find it hard to think of any reason that I wouldn't want the *censored.2.0*heads who would think to use this to be banned.

Also, Microsoft is a private company, and the Xbox Live players agreed to their terms of service. Hate crimes (lol wut) and freedom of speech have no application here.

*trevor said:
Your consistent misuse of apostrophes in this thread is slightly unsettling.

That said, no one gives a *censored.2.0* about whether or not the sign was used in Hinduism, it represents the closest Western civilization has come to true annihilation in history. I have no respect for the average Xbox Live player anyways, and I find it hard to think of any reason that I wouldn't want the *censored.2.0*heads who would think to use this to be banned.

Also, Microsoft is a private company, and the Xbox Live players agreed to their terms of service. Hate crimes (lol wut) and freedom of speech have no application here.
I agree.

Kind of on the same topic but I was playing black ops and this guy's emblem was a swastika and I looked at my bro and screamed "omg a swastika!" So then I killed him and I picked up his gun and it was on the side of the gun and I kind of chuckled. Also, I agree with Trevor.

The mission "Project nova" has swastikas and most zombie levels hav them so why cant people put them as there emblem even though the game is full of them?

Animefan said:
The mission "Project nova" has swastikas and most zombie levels hav them so why cant people put them as there emblem even though the game is full of them?
Historic context is a lot different from contemporary usage. The Swastika was used by the Nazis so to have a game where you are fighting the Nazis and not have the Swastika somewhere would be really...wrong. Just because the History is unsavory in the world today doesn't mean you should remove it because that's how we forget about these symbols. Now a person using the Swastika on their Black Ops profile who does not have a first hand connection with the symbol or that's just using it for the shock or because they truly believe in what the symbol represents...

Back