• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Poker Night at the Inventory

«Jack»

inFAMOUS
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
User Title Color Change
So, most TF2 players are already aware of this new poker game from Telltale Games, starring the Heavy Weapons Guy from Team Fortress 2, Max from Sam and Max, Strong Bad from Homestar Runner, and Tycho from Penny Arcade, since TF2 items can also be gained from the game. Has anyone else played it? I've had a lot of fun for the short time I've been playing, and I've also obtained Tycho's Enthusiast's Timepiece.

Tycho is a load of hacks in my game. Everytime there's an item, he always manages to get Full House, 3 of a Kind and Straight.

After a 4 hour playthrough, I've lost 1 chance with the Lugermorph and License to Maim combo, and lost 2 chances each with the rest of the items. I managed to get the Lugermorph combo at the second chance.

-Aaron said:
Tycho is a load of hacks in my game. Everytime there's an item, he always manages to get Full House, 3 of a Kind and Straight.

After a 4 hour playthrough, I've lost 1 chance with the Lugermorph and License to Maim combo, and lost 2 chances each with the rest of the items. I managed to get the Lugermorph combo at the second chance.
Strong Bad is apparently extremely skilled at poker in my game.
I managed to win a tournament against Tycho on a final card straight, though. BD

I love the little things that are said during the game. Heavy loves Heuy Lewis, oh god I lol'd.

Just beat Tycho for his watch. Won the rest of the game, waiting for the other items to come up.

I got all the items, I raged when heavy busted out strong bad 3 times when his glasses came up XD.
Haven't tried the iron curtain yet, its so sad when you bust the heavy though...

K.K.Slider said:
I got all the items, I raged when heavy busted out strong bad 3 times when his glasses came up XD.
Haven't tried the iron curtain yet, its so sad when you bust the heavy though...
It's the same as the regular minigun. All the items are skins.

I now got Max's stuff.

Really fun game, but I find myself losing most of the time though. Oh well.

And also:
Strong Bad's thoughts on TF2 lol.

http://www.youtube.com/v/d90eFRt5RJE&feature=sub

Got all the TF2 items, and I'm probably never gonna play this again. the dialogue is funny, but by excluding multiplayer, they really missed an opportunity to make this game even better.

I really enjoy the game. Even with getting all the items, I'll continue to play it somewhat.
As just said, the lack of multiplayer is a bum deal.

AndyB said:
I really enjoy the game. Even with getting all the items, I'll continue to play it somewhat.
As just said, the lack of multiplayer is a bum deal.
My problem is you cant really simulate poker very well without extremely advanced AI. When bluffing and other factors aren't really included, it takes a lot of the strategy out of it and it's much more about luck.

You dummieeeessss, it's not supposed to be a fancy online play full game, it's a cheap mod of Telltale Texas Hold 'Em that people will actually buy due to crossover characters. Stop expecting so much from it

gerardo781 said:

And also:

Heavy sounds different...?

SSgt. Garrett said:
gerardo781 said:

And also:

Heavy sounds different...?
That's because he's not screaming at everything.

I want to believe that this is real.
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
1290692131069.jpg
</div>

no multiplayer = not buying

would've loved to play as the heavy beating you guys as re-colors of the heavy. or even just some multiplayer without the characters.

but eh. i can't really complain as i don't have it. hope it's fun for you guys, though.

Psychonaut said:

would've loved to play as the heavy beating you guys as re-colors of the heavy. or even just some multiplayer without the characters.

but eh. i can't really complain as i don't have it. hope it's fun for you guys, though.
Am I the only one that would choose someone other than the Heavy? >_>

Squirrel with Nunchucks said:
Psychonaut said:

Am I the only one that would choose someone other than the Heavy? >_>
not too fond of tycho, haven't played sam and max, strong bad isn't too appealing imo

heavy's all that interested me, i guess. meh. that's a bad thing, right?

also, lol my friends have spent 108 hours playing this game. lol.

Back