• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Call of Duty: Black Ops Boosting Bans.

Nic

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Treyarch has been banning people who are high on the leaderboards. This is a problem for people who are in clans such as BLG or BHL. BLG has been recently doing reports on BHL even though they are also a boosting clan. If you are apart of the game don't report. You'll also be banned for 24 / 48 hours if this is your first time banned.

Also we don't expect to see Jtags for about a month or two. TTG has found a patch to get them online but he has only released it to the highest rank people on TTG.

See you later!

Treyarch has always been more strict on bans than Infinity Ward (which is a good thing). Stuff like this isn't even a surprise, it happened in WaW too.

People are going to find ways to cheat their way, it's inevitable. It is a good thing to hear that Treyarch are really trying to hit back against them.

It's nice to see Treyarch doing something, at least it's better than IW's complete inaction.

Pear said:
It's nice to see Treyarch doing something, at least it's better than IW's complete inaction.
There was pretty much no one in IW do an action anyways? I think fourzerotwo was pretty much they only guy left until they brought in people from Treyarch and Sledgehammer.

Great that they're taking action, but it's pretty much useless on the PS3. Get banned with one account, make another. Unless there's something else that I missed.

Has anybody hacked this game yet o_O So sad.......... also what happens if someone is extremely good and is high up? Not very fair huh?

TommySnow said:
Has anybody hacked this game yet o_O So sad.......... also what happens if someone is extremely good and is high up? Not very fair huh?
First Post said:
Also we don't expect to see Jtags for about a month or two. TTG has found a patch to get them online but he has only released it to the highest rank people on TTG.

They can always looking at your videos if you get false reports.

SSgt. Garrett said:
Boosting = Not a big deal.
It is. It's unfair to those who actually work for it, as well as being a pain in the ass when 4 kids in your FFA are killing each other in the corner. It essentially takes away the point of ranks, because by the end of MW2, half the people were 10th prestige level 70.

Pear said:
SSgt. Garrett said:
It is. It's unfair to those who actually work for it, as well as being a pain in the ass when 4 kids in your FFA are killing each other in the corner. It essentially takes away the point of ranks, because by the end of MW2, half the people were 10th prestige level 70.
No it's not. Who cares if it ruins it for everyone do you or any honestly think they'll be in the top 100? 1900? 10000 legit? No, you nor any legit person ever would.

About FFA
#1 Not every game is like that.
#2 Easy kills if it is.
#3 GTF0 and play TDM.

You don't get to 10th lvl 70 from boosting that's called hacking

This is coming from the mouth of a non-booster I just don't see a deal let alone a big one.

SSgt. Garrett said:
Pear said:
SSgt. Garrett said:
No it's not. Who cares if it ruins it for everyone do you or any honestly think they'll be in the top 100? 1900? 10000 legit? No, you nor any legit person ever would.

About FFA
#2 Easy kills if it is.
#3 GTF0 and play TDM.

This is coming from the mouth of a non-booster I just don't see a deal let alone a big one.
Because everyone likes playing TDM? And it's not easy kills if they're smart and using Silencers.

Tom said:
SSgt. Garrett said:
Pear said:
SSgt. Garrett said:

About FFA
#2 Easy kills if it is.
#3 GTF0 and play TDM.

Because everyone likes playing TDM? And it's not easy kills if they're smart and using Silencers.
Herp derp FFA and TDM are the only 2 gamemodes herp derp!

SSgt. Garrett said:
Tom said:
SSgt. Garrett said:
Pear said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

About FFA
#2 Easy kills if it is.
#3 GTF0 and play TDM.

No *censored.2.0* *censored.1.3*. But right now that's pretty much it besides Domination and HQ and Wager Matches.

Tom said:
SSgt. Garrett said:
Tom said:
SSgt. Garrett said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deephacking

No *censored.2.0* *censored.1.3*. But right now that's pretty much it besides Domination and HQ and Wager Matches.
Calm down bro.

CTF + Demolition say "hey."

SSgt. Garrett said:
Calm down bro.

Quit being a douchebag says hey.

The whole point of boosting would be to get access to better things sooner and to gain ranks quicker than others.
Yes, this has been somewhat different in Black Ops by the fact you can buy what you want... after unlocking them. (So boosters will still boost.)

And whatever I'm playing, I don't want dickheads there being asshats and I want to enjoy the game.
So, maybe just shrugging it off and going to play something else isn't the answer. But hey, maybe that's just me!

AndyB said:
SSgt. Garrett said:
Calm down bro.

Quit being a douchebag says hey.

The whole point of boosting would be to get access to better things sooner and to gain ranks quicker than others.
Yes, this has been somewhat different in Black Ops by the fact you can buy what you want... after unlocking them. (So boosters will still boost.)

And whatever I'm playing, I don't want dickheads there being asshats and I want to enjoy the game.
So, maybe just shrugging it off and going to play something else isn't the answer. But hey, maybe that's just me!
Look who's talking.

I wanna know if they'll ban people for having dicks in their emblems.

SSgt. Garrett said:
I wanna know if they'll ban people for having dicks in their emblems.
I've seen some pretty funny, clever emblems... but it has seemed to be mostly dicks. I think that speaks vast amounts for some of the people that play CoD.

Back