• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

My thoughts on 3DS

ACCF18

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
First, let me name all the DS consoles. First one was Nintendo DS, then Nintendo DS Lite, then Nintendo DSi, then Nintendo DSXL, now 3DS. What idiots of Nintendo to make so many DS consoles? Like, I can somewhat see the release of DS, DS lite, and DSi, but after XL it just got really dumb. Why would we want a larger screen? It doesn't even fit in your pocket. 3DS is in 3D, why does everything have to be in 3D now days? Now most games are only gonna be on the 3DS, like Animal Crossing 3DS, Remake of OoT (I assume it will suck) Mart Kart and with a bunch of other games. Although there's gonna be another Animal Crossing, it looks pretty weird, all the people are taller. I just don't see the purpose for Nintendo to make so much DS consoles.

This is all stupid.

The DS, DSL, DSI, and DSIXL are all different versions of the same console.

The 3DS is a brand new console, like the Game boy Advance was to the Game Boy Colour.

Also, you don't know how good or bad the games will be, you haven't played them yet, or even read any reviews.

Ciaran said:
This is all stupid.

The 3DS is a brand new console, like the Game boy Advance was to the Game Boy Colour.

Also, you don't know how good or bad the games will be, you haven't played them yet, or even read any reviews.
Well no, Game boy Advance and Color are different game boys. DS is just DS, making new ones, but you can still play DS games on them.

I love his little half-assed comment there:
Remake of OoT (I assume it will suck)
OMYGOSH! I REMAKE WITH UPDATED GRAPHICS! IT'S GONNA BE WORSE THAT THE ORIGINAL!

ACCF18 said:
Ciaran said:
This is all stupid.

Well no, Game boy Advance and Color are different game boys. DS is just DS, making new ones, but you can still play DS games on them.
. . .

In English, please?

Ciaran said:
ACCF18 said:
Ciaran said:
This is all stupid.

. . .

In English, please?
That was English.

ACCF18 said:
Ciaran said:
ACCF18 said:
Ciaran said:
This is all stupid.

. . .

In English, please?
That was English.
Translation: Well, no, the GBA and Gameboy Color are different than the original Gameboy. The DS is just the DS, despite the new ones. No matter what, you can play DS games on all of them.

ACCF18 said:
Ciaran said:
This is all stupid.

Surely that's a good thing, means you'll be able to play 3DS games on older DS's, but obviously without the 3D.

Spelling and Grammar: 9 / 10
Structure: (un) / 10

Don't knock it 'til you've tried it. That's all I can say.

*trevor said:
Spelling and Grammar: 9 / 10
Structure: (un) / 10

Don't knock it 'til you've tried it. That's all I can say.
His original post was the best of the bunch as well.

ACCF18 said:
First, let me name all the DS consoles. First one was Nintendo DS, then Nintendo DS Lite, then Nintendo DSi, then Nintendo DSXL, now 3DS. What idiots of Nintendo to make so many DS consoles? Like, I can somewhat see the release of DS, DS lite, and DSi, but after XL it just got really dumb. Why would we want a larger screen? It doesn't even fit in your pocket. 3DS is in 3D, why does everything have to be in 3D now days? Now most games are only gonna be on the 3DS, like Animal Crossing 3DS, Remake of OoT (I assume it will suck) Mart Kart and with a bunch of other games. Although there's gonna be another Animal Crossing, it looks pretty weird, all the people are taller. I just don't see the purpose for Nintendo to make so much DS consoles.
If you can't understand the simple versions of something, then why post this?

DS, DSL, DSi, DSXL, and 3DS, all different versions...

Its something called "Improvement", which is what they are trying to do... Don't judge a book by its cover, or else the cover will bite your face off.

OmegaMan said:
ACCF18 said:
If you can't understand the simple versions of something, then why post this?

DS, DSL, DSi, DSXL, and 3DS, all different versions...

Its something called "Improvement", which is what they are trying to do... Don't judge a book by its cover, or else the cover will bite your face off.
Almost...

What people are saying, and what I agree with, is that the DS Lite, DSi, and DSXL were all different versions of the DS. The 3DS is considered a brand new console like the Game boy and DS.

God, Nintendo's so dumb. They capitalize on wallet-emptying consumers/fans and release products that sell at record rates. So, so dumb. I mean, what's the point of making money anyway?

Ciaran said:
This is all stupid.

Wow, this is one of the least troll-like posts I've ever seen come from you. I'm proud.

Tyeforce said:
Ciaran said:
This is all stupid.

Wow, this is one of the least troll-like posts I've ever seen come from you. I'm proud.
That made me feel good about myself.

Thank you.

And also, my general satirical style of posting isn't always intended to hurt people, just for entertainment. Mainly my own.

Bacon Boy said:
ACCF18 said:
Ciaran said:
ACCF18 said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
. . .

In English, please?
That was English.
Translation: Well, no, the GBA and Gameboy Color are different than the original Gameboy. The DS is just the DS, despite the new ones. No matter what, you can play DS games on all of them.
Gameboy Color you could play Gameboy games, right?
And then for the Gameboy Advance you could play games from both handhelds if i remember.
Nintendo DS you could play Gameboy Advance games.
And with the 3DS you can play Nintendo DS games.

Just because they can play past games on it, doesn't mean that it isn't new.

I think what he is trying to say is he can't afford to buy a new DS when they make a new one.

Back