• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

CoD MW3?

ACKid9

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Okay, I've been looking up the CoD line (I recently got into the game, after wanting CoD 3 when I was 6 lol), and on a few sites it mentioned about Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. It is supposed to arrive sometime in 2011.

I'm not entirely sure if this is for definate though, so don't get your hopes up or any like: 'THIS GAME IS NOT REAL! U LIER!'

P.S. I spelt 'liar' wrong deliberately, since that's how most people spell it here. lol

It's called Call of Duty: Modern Welfare 3. In the game you will play as a government agent that goes around giving food stamps and welfare checks to people.

Wouldn't surprise me... Activision has been capitalizing on the success of CoD4 once a holiday season for 3 seasons in a row now. Only problem is that Infinity Ward, the makers of the Modern Warfare games, has disintegrated. Treyarch, the studio that has made what I call the off-games (3, WAW, Black Ops), obviously can't make another game in such a short time frame. So, I think the whole one-CoD-game-per-year phenomenon has come to an end, unless Activision has tasked another developer to the IP for 2011.

In fact, Bungie did just sign with Activision, although I very much doubt they'll be developing for a series that has almost become shovelware.

*trevor said:
Wouldn't surprise me... Activision has been capitalizing on the success of CoD4 once a holiday season for 3 seasons in a row now. Only problem is that Infinity Ward, the makers of the Modern Warfare games, has disintegrated. Treyarch, the studio that has made what I call the off-games (3, WAW, Black Ops), obviously can't make another game in such a short time frame. So, I think the whole one-CoD-game-per-year phenomenon has come to an end, unless Activision has tasked another developer to the IP for 2011.

In fact, Bungie did just sign with Activision, although I very much doubt they'll be developing for a series that has almost become shovelware.
They have Sledgehammer games working on some unannounced title, and I think they pulled people from Sledgehammer and Treyarch to help the current Infinity Ward out.

Back